Author Topic: How I found Arillas!  (Read 270485 times)

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
Re: How I found Arillas!
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2008, 12:30:12 PM »
oh eleni, i came into work this mornign feeling really poorly, logged on to arillas and just read your words, they sent shivers down my spine (nothing to do with my fever!!) just made me feel so much better, you summed up my feelings for arillas perfectly thank you so much!
ger x

Offline kvarnell

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2008, 12:44:47 PM »
last year my husband ian and myself booked flights to corfu, we arranged our own place to stay at nondas in san stefanos. nondas was close to the start of the clifftop walk to arillas, we did this several times walking back the roadway in the evenings with the beautiful sunsets. the sea was great fun lovely waves, chilled, san stefanos was also excellent but this year we are staying in the atki and hoping for a holiday that is just as relaxing and friendly. also when we arrived home this website has satisfied my cravings for corfu, san stefanos and arillas.

Offline Marion

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2008, 09:22:52 PM »
When I worked for Thomas Cook many moons ago we managed a quick week away to Corfu and decided on Sidari as a last minute deal as we had never been to Corfu before. So there I was relaxing on sun bed by the pool - hubby decided to go for walk to "get a feel for the area" and some 4 hours later returned saying he had found the perfect place to stay - that's right lovely Arillas - He found Kostas Apartments and we have been going there twice a year since (forgotten how many times) so roll on June/September and we will be back again.

Offline lilacs

« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2008, 06:20:14 PM »
well found this amazing place by chance, it started, when our oldest son, went to kavos,for his fist holiday abroad, well, it was awful for him and his friends, they were attacked by thugs, that were staying in the resort, and well, my son and his mates were scared, he phoned home, and we booked a holiday at the last minuete, and we got arillas, we booked it and the next day were there, we hired a car, and had to drive to kavos,,,,,,,,,,,what a way to go, we brought him and his mate back to arillas with us, they also thought it was a lovely holiday,,,,,compared to what they left behind.
that was 5 years ago, and we go every year now, the local tavernas even remember our drinks after all this time,what a fantastic place, love every minuete of it, and we will return every year, love the sheffies.xoxoxoxoo

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2008, 08:32:07 PM »
Our great mate Sandy (who we have never met in the flesh but will soon) is going out to live in her new house there for a while next week. Like all of us she found Arillas by chance. Aren't we all lucky? Better than winning the lottery?

Jen and me are used to laid back lovely people - in Glastonbury we are surrounded by them (and also some of the crusty disgusting others who can ruin everyones evening like last night in our pub)

But Arillas takes it to a new level. The Greek culture, the feelings of peace and belonging, the caring, tolerant attitude. That is why we are both Arillas Addicts.

lilacs - Kavos is not a word in the Arillas vocabulary. Corfu Uncovered was not about Corfu. Not the Corfu that we all know and love. You tell us what can go wrong and how it can get fixed.

it was awful for him and his friends, they were attacked by thugs, that were staying in the resort

That is Benidorm.... it happened to me there. Not here in Arillas

Phil

Offline lilacs

« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2008, 03:15:16 PM »
hi ya, not sure what you mean by the end of your comment, i realy hope you dont think i was putting arillas down, in any way, we love it there, have a nice day to you both, lilacs...

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2008, 06:33:15 PM »
Hi lilacs. No issues here. No I wasn't putting you down - I was on about the way your son was attacked. I had that in Benidorm (where I shall NEVER return but for many more reasons than that.)

You said what I feel - Arillas continues to be a haven, a heaven. It just puts all the rest of it back into perspective. Aren't we lucky to have found it?

best wishes
Phil

Offline lilacs

« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2008, 10:13:21 AM »
HI YA PHIL. im glad you replied........
yes we are so lucky we found arillas, what a beautiful place, we go back in july, when will u be going back, sadly we only have 1 week ther e this year, we love it so much, we have looked into a holiday home there, but its to expensive, we just wanted a little place, ohhh well, we will keep trying, hey,,,, have u ever stayed in the mathrika apartmets...as we could not get the gallinni,,, so we booked there, have a lovely day to u both.....lilacs............. xox

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2008, 11:54:08 AM »
Hi Lilacs, though I know we are going of topic a tad here but your story of the problems your son had in Kavos reminded me of my daughters first holiday with friends to Kavos and whats more she also went there 5yrs ago...
When she asked if she could go we were fine as we had been going to Corfu for many years always staying in Arillas, she knew where Kavos was as we took a drive there one day..not our cup of tea but great for youngters we thought and she knew most of the island.
After the 2nd day she was phoning home saying she didnt like it over the next few days we had phone calls daily and by day 4 she was crying wanting to come home,what a time we had I couldnt get her a flight back so she eventually settled down for the remaining few days but Oh boy was she glad to get home,Kavos for her was nothing like what she had enjoyed with us in Arillas.
Ang

Offline lilacs

« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2008, 02:02:47 PM »
hi ya ang,
its such a shame for the kids, they save there pennys all year for a holiday, and other people ruin it for them,
but they both came home safe in the end, thats the main thing,
how many times have you been to arrillas, are you going back this year..
we go july, only for a week this year, mind you we only booked a week last year,,,,
so the last day of our week, we decided, hey lets have another week, love arillas, its beautiful there,,,,,,,,countiing down my days...
best wishes
lilacs

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2008, 02:11:01 PM »
Noticed you have stayed at the Galini Lilacs.  We had our first holiday there and had a brilliant time.  I think you can book independently though on their website.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline lilacs

« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2008, 02:16:41 PM »
hi ya blondegirl,
yes stayed at the gallinni last year, we did look at it this year,
and if you do it direct with them, it was cheap enough to stay there, but the flights were soooooooo expensive, so a package was cheaper, and were staying at the mathrika studios, they look nice, and near to the beach, but will def, go and see the owner of the galinni, hes a nice bloke, mind you every one in arillas, is nice, and the people who go there on holidays to are nice, we have met some lovely people in arillas.
best wishes lilacs

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2008, 02:19:16 PM »
I think the flights are mad at the moment.  We got some very cheap flights with EJ, but we booked in about January, staying at the BS Hotel, (we stayed at the studios las year and they were lovely too).  There are loads of accommodation in Arillas, all at very good prices but its the flights that can be a pain.

Offline lilacs

« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2008, 02:28:33 PM »
gatwick was cheap, but live in coventry, and to fly from birm, was silly prices,
bs hotel were is that, dont reconise the name.......lilacs

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2008, 11:32:08 AM »
If you go past the Sea Breeze restaurant right on the end, the road takes you to the Bardis Sun Studios and just next to it is the Hotel, its a yellow place with an impressive swimming pool.   We stayed at the studios last year and it was only a 2 min walk to the front and the beach, the hotel will be the same.  You can see it on the Arillas map.

Booking.com