Author Topic: Bodyboard - waves :)  (Read 30107 times)

Offline xkrchnav

• Feel free to call via skype
  • Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • Company wherein I work.
Bodyboard - waves :)
« on: April 12, 2008, 06:06:58 PM »
Hello everyone. Is there a shop where to buy bodyboard on Corfu? Or possibility of renting this? I love waves and when nice storms comes it is quite good also on Corfu :). I don't want surf - it is said to be hard to learn. And bodyboard is said to be an easy and cheap substitute for this :). thank you very much for answers. Nice rest of the day.

Jozef
skypeid is also xkrchnav

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
Re: Bodyboard - waves :)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 08:33:10 PM »

Hi there Jozef,

If my memory serves me correctly, I am almost preared to swear that I saw little bodyboards for sale in the local shops - along the sea front when Christian & I were there last September.

We really love swimming in the sea with our  snorkels etc & when we're back home (not being a million miles from Devon & Cornwall) try to take as many opportunities as we can to use our bodyboards & skim boards on the beach.

I've just got a 'cheapie' board, but I've never considered taking it to Arillas with me, but the waves there would be perfect to do a bit of bodyboarding!

I'm sure you'd be able to pick one up there - or thereabouts for a few Euros?

Perhaps other Forum members can be of more help?

You've just made me all excited thinking about next month when we'll be there. Oh boy! I can hardly wait!!

Becky B.

Offline Peckedhen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 08:38:42 PM »
Yes, I've seen the body boards for sale but I think that they might be 'child size'.  We have been going to Arillas for several years and have had very few days where there is sufficient surf to bodyboard. Maybe we go at the wrong time of year, but, if you are expecting the Atlantic type rollers, forget it!! :)

Offline xkrchnav

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 09:28:10 PM »
Thank you for answers. I hope we will have another storm while in Arillas after we find shop with these bodyboards. It is hard to buy it for me - in Czech Republic impossible to buy. Or nearly impossible. If you want you can see what big waves could be also in Corfu:

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/4973474

Have a nice day!
skypeid is also xkrchnav

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 12:35:02 AM »
That looks a bit toooo rough for me to be in, I think I will give that sport a miss!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 02:02:32 AM »
Hi xkrchnav

Nice to see you joining us arillas addicts on the forum. Like BG I sit in the shallow end - preferably the sea in Arillas - and cannot imagine bodyboarding. Each to our own, but matey, our place caters for it all.

best wishes
Phil

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 02:08:49 AM »
Looks fantastic.....I love the sea like that.....
Sandy x

Offline Marika

• Forum Fanatic
  • With love!
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 04:07:57 AM »
Oh yes,.... me too :)

Marika x x x

www.marika75.webs.com

Offline xkrchnav

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 11:50:55 AM »
Thank you for welcoming me here :). Soon maybe I will post also our story from last summer here. This photo was made in one of our last days of holiday last year. The storm was fantastic :). Sometimes I started to be affraid of that waves :) But it was wonderful. My wife's holiday - at least concenring to swimming ended, my just starded :). All of us is different. Have you ever seen waves like these on Corfu? What place is the best for them? In my opinion probably Agios Gordis, or Glyfada and Agios Georgios North. I don't know how about them in Arillas :). We will see. We will be there from 30th August till 11th September 08. Nice to meet you all.

All the best to you and your families!
Jozef
skypeid is also xkrchnav

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 12:04:42 PM »
http://www.arillas.com/page/component/option,com_rsgallery2/Itemid,120/catid,17/lang,en/

in this gallery you can see some authentic Arillas Waves.
It will always depend on the weather conditions, ( wind direction etc) the bigest I have seen were aprox 2 meters high whiloe windsurfing in arillas,

Me and Litsa have bought a body board from Alex Supermarket I'm not sure but it was around 15 euros . If I find it in my basement I would be happy to lend it to you for some time.

This is litsa three years ago

And a friend of us

See  you in Arillas,

Dimitris
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 12:44:51 PM »
Lovely photo's seems like im in luck as the child size will suit me fine, can I have child size waves as well please. lol Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline xkrchnav

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 01:03:45 PM »
Nice photos! And thank you for offer :). But if storm comes and 2 meter waves are there I will buy one for 15 euros. It is not so much even if it is used only for a holiday once a year :).

I tryed to ride that waves last year on air-bed but it was possible only on really big ones. And also it was hard to get deeper into water because it is not possible to (at least it wasn't for me that time) to dive with air-bed under wave to go throught and I was often thrown back to the sand on the beach with that bed. I suppose with bodyboard it would be easier to get deeper and also to dive under waves and ride also smaller waves :). I want to be there already !! :) have a nice day.

Jozef
skypeid is also xkrchnav

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 01:10:41 PM »
What wonderful pics Dimitris. Like viv i would prefer the child sized waves - can you fix it please???

lol and very best wishes
Phil

Offline xkrchnav

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2008, 01:31:02 PM »
When you are talking about that waves orderings - after viv and phil enjoy that child-sized waves enough I would like to order few hours of 2-3 meters waves for us wave lovers :). And then we can take turns again lol.

Jozef
skypeid is also xkrchnav

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008, 02:04:03 PM »
Jozef,

Are these waves big enough for you? :-)  Alas no sunshine on the day this photo was taken...October '08

Booking.com