Author Topic: Money Question  (Read 24434 times)

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: Money Question
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2008, 09:35:07 PM »
Have just looked at my online banking following my return from Arillas on Tuesday. I had to use quite large sums of money this time on things for the house and I used my Nationwide flexaccount card at the ATM in Arillas (no commission). Without doubt this has to be the best way to get money - I got between 1.246 and 1.271 during the two weeks I was there. So...definitely better than changing in the UK or bringing cash to change in Arillas.
Sandy x

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 09:55:35 PM »
Thats really useful information Sandy because I tend to get cash out with my card instead of taking cash with me. I just have a bit of a worry about the machine not working. Does anybody have any idea of how often the machine is out of order?

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2008, 10:02:56 PM »
I used it twice a day four days running and it was fine....and it didn't run out of money!!!
Sandy x

Maggie

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2008, 11:09:19 PM »
Terry, I used the machine last year most days, cos I didn't take any euros with me. I never had any problem getting money out of it!!! I don't think that i have seen anyone posting complaints about it not working so far...

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2008, 11:36:42 PM »
The machine has never been a problem to us all over the Winter.

(Though sometimes I got to wishing it was, just occassionally!) Hate spending money!

And ....
If it is out of order then Sidari is a good backup - I know a cheap taxi to get you there.
( It's Red and it's a Pug )

Negg

riggers

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2008, 11:50:20 PM »
It's good to hear there is no problems with the ATM. How disappointing it could be to go and there is no cash, or broken.

Eggy what a Gent you are to offer your taxi sevices in emergencies like this.  :)

Cheers.

riggers...

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2008, 12:05:32 AM »
Riggers

It's a brave person indeed who sits in my passenger seat!

Negg

riggers

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2008, 12:11:04 AM »
Ha Ha lol Eggy.

We are letting Terry have first go.  :)

riggers..

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2008, 01:20:59 AM »
Red Pug
Cheap Taxi
moonlighting for the summer Eggy?

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2008, 01:49:44 AM »
I'm looking for a position as a taxi driver in Arillas Eggy - will you be employing when we get there in July???

Know the road to Sidari.... and the way back.

let me know? CV available....

Phil

riggers

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2008, 03:13:58 AM »
Hey Phil can you get to the back of the queue. ha ha sorry.  :)

riggers

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2008, 05:51:06 PM »
eggy,s cabs ...hmm sounds good, and wegg & negg at the phones and radio,,,i think ouzo cars sounds better lol............yammas

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2008, 06:16:40 PM »
That's the winner Kevin! lol lol

Ouzo Cars has just been born.... Ain't got nowt on Fawlty Towers but just imagine the sitcom. Eggy eating his pickled onions, while Terry in his pop-sox and sandals drives the red pug to Afionas with a very happy Sandy as paying passenger. Riggers by the side of the road selling watermelons. Cut to Brouklis, where phil and jen order a taxi after mountains of galactoboureko, but told the only ouzo-cab is occupied. Long lingering look into the distance at the Metaxa. But not enough money. Need an ouzo-cab to the ATM (can't stand up let alone walk.) Meanwhile......

Just fill it all in then you comics and scriptwriters out there....... could be a best seller!

love you all
Phil

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2008, 06:24:46 PM »
There's nowt wrong with eggy's driving, mind you I had had a few drinks first ;-), Mick

Offline martinps

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2008, 06:29:21 PM »
Hi
I think most everyone is in agreement on your post. If its your first time in Arillas it wont be your last... Chill time .... some places take cards well most do and you will get a good rate that way  but you will need some euros. There are also a few exchanges in Arillas you will be able to change sterling and we found last year we got a very good rate, so you wont have a problem but I am sure eggy wil post something at some point. Our son loves the place he is off there in 5 weeks and we are back there in 15. You will love it.
Martin

Booking.com