Author Topic: Arillas 2009  (Read 26719 times)

riggers

Re: Arillas 2009
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2008, 07:21:31 AM »
Hi Paul.

I just hope the prices are the same when you come to book. Everything seems to have gone up. Good luck. 

riggers..

Offline graham

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2008, 02:28:15 PM »
I think we should start Lying and say that Arillas is a terrible place inhabited by one goatherd and a pair of donkeys, maybe then other people will be put off, demand will fall, prices will drop and we can all have loads of cheap holidays to Arillas every year!!!! Who's in?
A woman has the last word in any argument, anything a man says after that is the start of a new argument!

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 03:18:40 PM »
Count me in!!
Angie

riggers

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2008, 10:34:05 PM »
I think you are spot on Graham, they must know it is getting very popular. After my June holiday next year "already booked" , it looks like independant. Thomson are certainly sussing us out.

riggers...

Offline keith(geezer)

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2008, 11:15:49 PM »
me and the wife booked when we got back in may for next year with thomson for £760 for two week it went up by £100 in a week

riggers

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2008, 11:21:42 PM »
It is a con isn't Keith, but we must expect it to go up. Where do you fly from??

Cheers.

riggers...

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 12:47:41 AM »
Sounds a bit like the cereal psychology... you wont like it!

So from now on.... its a terrible place, full of mosquitos, you will hate the beach, too many hills for walking, no bars, restaurants are awful, accomodation rubbish...  as if!  We dont want it to get too popular do we? ;-)
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2008, 02:26:58 AM »
I could make use of the goatherd and the donkeys.....
Sandy x

Offline SteveL

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2008, 12:37:17 PM »
Websites like this (good as it is) can sometimes be a double-edged sword.  If the tour operators read them they realise that there are many people who like to return year after year and so they put their prices up knowing that in a lot of cases, the customer will pay up just to get to their favourite resort, and this is even before you apply the effect of increased fuel costs.

Steve

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2008, 01:03:33 PM »
This year will be our 3rd visit and there is definitely more people watching and using this site than there were 3 years ago.  105 people watching at the moment!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2008, 07:31:54 PM »
The only way to stop tour operators ripping us off,is if we hit them where it hurts,in their pockets. Stop booking with them and do more direct accomodation bookings. Arillas may become a victim of this forums success,but tht can`t be helped More people in the village means better incomes for the locals. It`s basically a `catch 22`.
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline LPO

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2008, 10:15:17 PM »
For the last 2 years we booked independently and it actually cost us more than if we had booked with Thomson. We booked for next July a few weeks ago and the very next day it went up by £400!

I guess you take your chances, but for 2 weeks next July at the Kaloudis for 3 of us, we have paid £1400. I think that is pretty good.

Offline smirky2004

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2008, 11:09:09 PM »
Hi already done the same as you riggers.  Still waiting to go to sunny Arillas this year but the price i was quoted for next year with manos was cheaper than this years price.

Can't wait to get back

:-) smile like the smirk and enjoy life to the full

Offline beachbum

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2008, 11:35:43 PM »
As said before,
We have booked Kokinos for October 2009 at a reasonable price.  We recieved confirmation of booking for that but not for the booking for 2008.  Olympic are having a laugh, said that they would send out the final invoice within 2 weeks this has been going on for more than a month.  Just want to get it sorted.  We have also been looking to take the kids back.  Since the first year we visited we have always said we would take them.  The eldest has two youngsters and a partner, the youngest only wants to go for one week with her partner.  We have looked at many options but all come out just too expensive for June 2009. 

In total we are looking for 4 adults plus two youngsters for 2 weeks one couple for 1 week if anyone has any ideas or reccomendations it would be appreciated. Just want them to know what Arillas is all about!

Regards to all.......the photos are excellant, and despite the robery the place still sounds all good.

Looking forward to trying the new bar that was Marias......... all good

yammas

beachbum

Offline Valdasteve

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2008, 04:52:22 AM »
All I can suggest is that you try to book it two months in advance of going- not good for your party if that fails.- So really cannot see how you might get it at better price than currently offered- for peace of mind

Booking.com