Author Topic: Arillas 2009  (Read 26724 times)

Offline Valdasteve

Re: Arillas 2009
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2008, 05:00:59 AM »
don't want to look at 2009 yet , cos  airlines failing and package holiday co's in flux at the moment. Will try to sort out Arillas in May/June next year when have some sort of clue about whether all is well!

Offline ronmonkey

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
  • andy and the boy, @the atki may2009
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2008, 06:59:20 PM »
booked nafsika for may 2009, worked out roughly £400 (4 adults, 2 children, 1 infant)per head for 2 weeks with thomas cook, bargain!!

and if the airline goes bust we'll swim there!!!!

Offline harold

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2008, 11:57:59 AM »
When we went on the Thomas Cook site June July time they were advertising Arillas from Exeter,but then when you clicked through Nothing was available we would have booked the Mirage.We ever phone TC and was told that nothing was available from Exeter,so we booked our flight with Thompsons and have booked in the Bardis with Viv and Pete.Low and behold Thomas Cook are now able to do bookings for Holidays from Exeter,WHY wait till now we in the WEST COUNTRY DO NOT WANT A MINIMUM OF A 70 MILE DRIVE and people  from Cornwall as much as 200+ upto Bristol.Thomas Cook missed out on our booking for next year and i would have used them they did ok by us in the end this year,i bet they have missed out on quite a few bookings from Devon and Cornwall with their delaying tactics.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2008, 12:40:10 PM »
Just an observation. Although much of the accommodation was occupied in July/September, the social venues (with a couple of notable exceptions like Brouklis and Rainbow) were struggling. Local businesses get a poor rate from the tour operators compared to independent, and we know of two success stories where the owners went independent this year and had very high occupancy and a good return.

Whilst the Tour Operators may hike up prices as a result of this website, it will be their loss as people decide they can't afford to go, like some of the examples on this thread. There will always be demand for the packages - Dimitris' survey showed about half and half but helping each other to find viable cheaper alternatives that support the locals is one aspect of this forum we should use to the full.

We were told by one independent owner that the website had very little effect on their bookings. It was returners who filled their rooms this year, so that is where their efforts will go next year.

All I am hoping is that we don't have more Calypso and Whispers next year - we all need the businesses there to thrive if we want our place to stay attractive and viable. I am with Paul.d on this - don't let the Tour Operators rip us off.

Phil

Booking.com