Author Topic: Why Do You Love Arillas?  (Read 11153 times)

Offline Keeley

Why Do You Love Arillas?
« on: April 20, 2008, 09:15:33 PM »
With a friend the other day, i was talking about holiday destinations and was telling her all about lovely arillas and she asked me why i loved it so much and continued to go back year after year and the list of answers was endless, i love everything about arillas. the beach, the food, the lovely people, the nightlife, the peace, just every little thing about it, i cant fault one thing.
so im interested to know why you love arillas and go there :)
thank you

Offline Jennifer Ferguson

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Why Do You Love Arillas?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 09:25:33 PM »
Similar reasons as you listed Keeley-the people,food,scenery,the beach and the peace and quiet.

Offline Jennifer Ferguson

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 09:27:44 PM »
Oops,forgot to mentiion the weather as I sit here on a cold and windy Sunday afternoon in Scotland.

riggers

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 09:32:04 PM »
Keeley i think you have nearly everything covered............

riggers........

Online justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 03:21:30 AM »
We all agree with you Keeley. There can't be many other places where so many people keep going back as if it were the only place on earth.

We were hooked within hours, but then the mosquitos did their best to get rid of us. Wanted it all to themselves??

Well hard luck! Jen has found the courage to fight back and seems to be winning the battle. I think she just couldn't bear the idea that insects could stop her from going where she really wanted to! Stubborn as hell I'm glad to say!

We can all list the stuff which attracts us, but I doubt any of us really know why exactly. It just doesn't matter.

I don't know the answer to your question, but know that we both love Arillas. Long may it last....

Phil

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 08:47:12 AM »
I have said it before and saying it again;

Once you get there you can just relax and melt into the rhythm of the village, sit back and enjoy. Arillas is a state of mind :)
Life is good ;)

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 10:03:46 AM »
EEG, you've hit the nail on the head there, I certainly couldn't have put it any better. Will remember that next time somebody here ask's me. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 05:57:18 PM »
Not been anywhere better
Peace, Quiet, Good food, Nice People, New Friends, Walks, Scenery, Beach, Sea, Sunsets, Tavernas  where else can you chill out and forget about life’s pressures, there is no pressure in Arillas just peace quiet and tranquility.
Cant wait for MY next fix 

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 07:09:44 PM »
Because its not here!!!  I have just been in the garden, laid on my new sunbed dreaming that I was on the Arillas beach.... then.... I heard kids screaming, next doors telly blaring, dogs barking-  someone banging with a hammer.  Dream shattered!  I know that could happen in Arillas but its not the same somehow.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Paul C

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 07:42:34 PM »
We love Arillas for all the reasons that have been mentioned previously,but one of the important things Arillas has is this fabulous forum.Here we read all sorts of posts from a wide range of Arillas "FANS" and of course our resident reporter Eggy!! All of this keeps Arillas in the mind so you never quite loose that feel for the place even though we are thousands of miles away. Just counting down to September for our fix.
Paul

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 10:50:59 PM »
keely,all the above,and i think were all a bit greek at heart...yammas

Marymary

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 07:12:25 PM »
I love Arillas for all  same reasons as all the other replies. It's such a unique beutiful magical and healing place and I can't wait to come back on May 9th

Take care
Mary

Offline Wendy n Stu

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2008, 10:33:48 PM »
Because from the minute we arrive, we feel that we have come home.  More so than home itself.  The people, the place, the scenery, every time we go we fall in love with the place all over again.  Never thought we would feel like that about anywhere!  x

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 12:00:07 AM »
Wendy n Stu, you hit the nail on the head (so to speak), we feel that way every time but never when we come back to England, just sad then. At least we have 3 weeks this year to enjoy ourselves. Mick.

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 11:27:23 AM »
I like it for the reasons mentioned above.  I hate it when you go away and it takes you a few days to find your way around.  Also i love the food, the people and  the relaxed atmosphere.

Booking.com