Author Topic: Why Do You Love Arillas?  (Read 11171 times)

Offline sharonF

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Why Do You Love Arillas?
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2008, 02:11:10 PM »
Once you get there you can just relax and melt into the rhythm of the village, sit back and enjoy. Arillas is a state of mind :)

Erja, That is just the perfect statement to explain why we go back.  Brilliant

Sharon x

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas Addict
  • Helios Court Arillas Corfu
    • Luxury Villa in Arillas
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2008, 03:05:49 PM »
When we were looking for some where in Corfu, we saw many lovely areas.
The thing that we loved the most about Arillas was the fact that it was not too built up, but there are enough shops and lovely resturants to keep you happy for a few weeks.
 Also the beach is perfect for the kids not too wide so that you can lose them easily with a shallow gradually slop into the sea, which you can go out for quite away without getting out of your depth.
There are things to do if you want to and to finish the whole experince wonderfully friendy people who help to make your stay even more memorable.
My daughter keeps asking when we are returning to Corfu every day it driving me around the bend a little, but hey who can blame her!
Mandyx
Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday

Offline graham

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2008, 06:13:39 PM »
I have the misfortune of being a Policeman in one of the worst estates in all of Britain. When I'm in work and the muck and bullets are flying I remind myself that I go through it all so I can keep coming back to Arillas with my family! Then, in 17 years time when I retire I'm going to move to Arillas forever! Or at least that's the plan at the minute!!!!!
A woman has the last word in any argument, anything a man says after that is the start of a new argument!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2008, 07:23:32 PM »
Graham

A very good plan to get you through which has to be one of the most difficult jobs anybody could even consider taking on. ( Especially in "volatile" areas )

Negg

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2008, 08:51:57 PM »
Arillas?  Hmmm  early morning...Cockerells s crowing... birds Twittering the dust cart edging up the road with the men hanging on the back...pot holes in the road.. three kids on a scooter..  the school bus...the smell of no poloution in the air...taking an hour to walk to the beach saying hello and chatting to people as they walk past...Sitting in Amos with a fresh cup af Aromatic Coffee people watching...a few hours on the beach then stroll to a Taverna for lunch and the odd tipple...back on the beach for a snooze....go for a slow walk and call for  a cool drink....head back to get changed for the evening activities  .....spending an hour looking at the menu`s in all the Tavernas...sitting down to a good meal and a glass or two.....heading back to the sound of numerous insects clicking and hissing..the  occasional croak of the frogs.....settling down to a good nights sleep and thinking.....??????????
Why do I like Arillas....can`t imagine!!!!
No ASBO`s....no anti social behaviour.....no police sirens   no traffic dodging...NO WORK!!!!!

Offline mikej

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2008, 09:10:49 PM »
Kes...you got it spot on...thats exactly how we spent our days in Arillas last year ,it was our first time and in 7 weeks we'll be back there, i cannot wait! It's an annual event for us from now on.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2008, 12:28:27 AM »
kes, you covered it all... just as I remember! 
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2008, 09:22:55 AM »
i third that kes lol.
you are spot on

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2008, 12:51:03 PM »
Kes you have hit the nail on the head!!  ;)

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2008, 09:02:10 PM »
Whilst everyone has their own reasons for loving Arillas, for me the main one is the people you meet there. Most seem to think the same and like the same things. There are no pretentious `idiots`, just genuine down to earth people. After two minutes of talking, you are arranging to meet in so and so bar/taverna.  Then there`s the actual place- I can`t put my finger on it either. No other place has affected me (us) as much- or everyone else who posts on this forum, it seems. God forbid the developers and mass tourism get their hands on it. If you want lively,noisy holidays, go elsewhere on Corfu and leave the rest of us to get on with `it`. Just using this forum has proved to me there are still decent, honest people still left in this world, and I consider it a privilege to talk to you. I wonder how many people just did a late booking or took a chance and couldn`t believe their luck?
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2008, 09:25:29 PM »
All I can say is..welcome to this forum tis a humble place where no one pre judges.Thats why we all like Arillas,but shhh its still a bit of a secret.
Ang

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2008, 09:32:10 PM »
Hi, Ang. Your`e absolutely. Only a select few shall know of this place. Perhaps there should be an initiation test before you get to visit!!!!!!!!!
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Booking.com