Author Topic: mozzies  (Read 40760 times)

Offline upstertg69

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
mozzies
« on: April 22, 2008, 02:58:38 PM »
coming over in may ,..whats the best solution to combat mozzies.cheers davy

riggers

Re: mozzies
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 03:18:10 PM »
Hi Davy-upstert69

I think there are many solutions to keep the mozzies away.

I use jungle formula and the Plug ins in the room. This seems to work for me.
This year i am also going to take vitamin B tablets.....Anything to stop the sods..

riggers....

Offline Fiona

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 03:34:15 PM »
I was just thinking as I was in the shower this morning, (using my Source lemon shower gel) I wonder when we will get the first question about mozzies on the forum!

If you search for mozzies/mosquitos on the site, you will come up with everyone's personal choice to avoid the wretched things.  You will then be able to fill your suitcase with one of each product!  Personally I always use lemon shower gel and Avon Skin so Soft dry oil for the day, together with Autan stick at night.  Don't forget that they love your feet and, if they get bitten, there is nothing like sea water to relieve the itching.

Fiona

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 03:45:04 PM »
Once again last summer the little sods loved my blood type 0 negative even though I started on the Vitamin B in February, so no difference there. Only way for me to survive in the evenings is to slap on the Jungle Formula or similar and keep reapplying every so often. And as riggers pointed out the plug in is a must.

Once I get bitten I am the worst scratcher in the world and then I get scarred. Even going to bed anesthetized with Mythos does not help as scratching is a reflex, conscious or not :)
Life is good ;)

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 05:34:29 PM »
i was told to take zinc suppliments which seemed to have worked in the past, but i'm not taking any risks and i have just ordered some vitamin b complex!! can't do me any harm can it?!
ger x

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 08:31:47 PM »
We use Mosi off with Deet plug ins and always buy a tin of fly spray and give the room a blast before we go out for the evening,last year we tried a citronella type spray without deet ,disaster i had over 30 bites and anne had 40 odd that was in the 1st 4 hours so reverted to the Mosi off no further probs
                                              Tony

Offline judith

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 08:56:45 PM »
Hi,
What months are the mosies at their worst? Or are they there all the time?

Judith

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 09:01:35 PM »
Well Judith we have been in may september october and august and they have been there every time i guess some months can be worse than others i also suspect that they vary in numbers from year to year depending on weather conditions,i'm sure Dimitris will be able to give you a more accurate account of the little blighters,one thing for sure is i dont let them spoil my hols :-)
                                                Tony

Offline HARLIN

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 09:20:13 PM »
We use jungle formula wipes and avoid wearing perfume and aftershave we make sure we spray the room before we leave to go out for the evening as well as the plug in

try sun cream  and after sun with insect repelent  Someone told me to avoid to much salt in your food

We followed this routine last year in June and only had one mossie bite

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 10:48:37 PM »
vitamin b,pleny of ouzo and a mossie net hung over the bed....yammas

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 11:21:37 PM »
I blame the government, or maybe it's rose coloured specs, but sometime ago they used to spray the olive trees from aeroplanes but this was stopped due to complaints or H & S or whatever and then there appeared to be more of the damm things.
Somewhere I have a photo of a pilot waving back, they were that low.
Mick.
PS lots of Marmite (ugg) or my way , lots of garlic (yum) it works with me.

Offline Holly

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 09:35:45 PM »
I echo other replies about Jungle Formula. My husband is very attractive to anything that flies and bites, especially mosquitoes. He also reacts badly to bites so he never goes out without insect repellent on. Last September we took Tropical strength Jungle Formula fluid and the plug in for the apartment and they both worked brilliantly. My husband didn't get bitten once, neither did our daughter. I got bitten on the way to the airport (or possibly in the airport) on the way home.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 01:33:15 PM »
Just got home and regret to inform you all that the little perishers are already on the go. I forgot the mozzie plug the first night and now have two big bites on my face....most attractive. But I didn't need any spray going out in the evenings as it's still quite cool at night.
Sandy x

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2008, 01:47:03 PM »
Welcome back Sandy x!

Hope you had a lovely time but sorry to hear about your the mozzie bites on your face.

Life is good ;)

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 02:00:43 PM »
Thank you....minor problem overall!!
Sandy x

Booking.com