Author Topic: mozzies  (Read 40762 times)

riggers

Re: mozzies
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 08:47:24 PM »
Hello there Sandy. Hope you had a great time. Sorry to hear the mozzies were onto you the first night. Maybe they were greeting you.....

riggers....

Offline PaulnMaria

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2008, 04:07:09 PM »
I've just been to our local Tesco and bought......and I realise that I run the risk of ridicule here......some anti-mosquito socks !!!! Honestly, I kid you not, anti-mosquito socks !! Two pairs for £4, so I'm gonna give em a go. Apparently they "continue to work even after washing". I shall repot back in due course.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2008, 04:20:37 PM »
Do you wear them with sandals?  ;-)
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline PaulnMaria

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2008, 04:25:21 PM »
I knew this would happen !! Stop sniggering at the back !!

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2008, 04:29:32 PM »
Well I will take my chance with the bites rather than have a passion-free holiday! :-)

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2008, 04:35:19 PM »
Well I will take my chance with the bites rather than have a passion-free holiday! :-)

hmm - difficult choice!! - I'll have to think about that one. lol.

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2008, 04:41:00 PM »
This year I think I may have mentioned it before but I dabbed some tea tree oil on as soon as I knew I had a bite and it did work very well by stopping the itching and reduced the lump, a little bottle is about £5 but well worth a go.
Ang

Offline Peckedhen

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2008, 07:08:06 PM »
Last year we ran out of Jungle Formula and bought a liquid from a pharmacy in Corfu Town. It smelled of Citronella, was just as effective and was far more pleasant to use than JFormula. How I wish that I kept to empty bottle so that I could replace it. :roll:

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2008, 07:15:48 PM »
I've just came out of the shed with my new invention to stop mossies on the leg's.
A pair of Susan's old tights reinforced with Brillo pads !
Slightly uncomfortable ,not very pleasing on the eye but let's see a mossie get through those fellers !
Hope I don't burn !

Offline Julie j

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2008, 07:27:56 PM »
You can buy oil of Citronella at any chemist, it really does work, but tends to kill my appetite, which is not difficult.
Another tip is to put some dettol down the drain in the bathroom of your apartment before going out at night, the mozzies hate it (they told me)

riggers

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2008, 08:00:01 PM »
That's a brilliant idea Barry, why didn't i think of that.

I usually only get the odd mozzie bite, this year i was into double figures. Grrrrrrrrr.
That is with plug-ins and jungle formula. They soon disappeared though after an application of antihistamine cream a few times.

riggers...

Offline PaulnMaria

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2008, 08:05:36 PM »
Barry, get youself down to Tesco, the one near the Horse & Jockey, you'll sell loads of em. The place is full of halfwits like me buying anti-mozzie socks !! :(

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2008, 03:10:33 AM »
Barry, just leave the tights OFF. And have a good spray of appropriate formula, and hey presto, you`ll live to play another day.
Lindypops.

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2008, 09:40:45 AM »
I usually put some anti mossie stuff on at night before we go out and also give the room a good spray before we leave and also the plug in thing.
For the first few night's I'm totally paranoid about them and if we're in a taverna or somewhere I'm constantly rubbing my arm's,leg's,neck or anywhere where they could get me.
Susan say's "What the hell's the matter with you ?Have you got St Vitus dance or summat"!
With me it's just the thought of the little sod's having a free meal on me !
If we go to bed and I hear that high pitched whine in the room (no not Susan ) I won't go to kip until I've tracked it down and splattered it !
Yup that's me. Running round the room at 3 or 4 in the morning in my undies with a rolled up Woman's Weekly in me mit !
Fortunately for Susan they don't bother her !
But they LOVE me and Jack.
Hope I don't burn !

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2008, 09:53:01 AM »
That's it Barry - beat 'em on the bottom with that Woman's Weekly. I guess Susan wears a flameproof nighty....

Seriously though, we so identify with that. They don't seem to touch me (never been bitten in all the time I've spent out there) but they eat Jen alive. I can also be seen running round the room at 3am (with even less on) until the little b****r has been liquidated...

best wishes
phil

Booking.com