Author Topic: mozzies  (Read 40761 times)

Nan

Re: mozzies
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2008, 01:16:00 PM »
Ha, very good had me going there for one second.

So we need bananas, buzz off and b****y stilts? I am going to enjoy this holiday even if it kills me! Falling off me stilts, slipping on the banana skins or being eaten by the mossies....I don't care I've got two days to go hurrayyy 

Hope you have a good holiday Wino where abouts are you staying?

Cheers Nan x

Offline Flynns

« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2008, 02:41:07 PM »
Hi to all fellow bitten friends,  after many years of being bitten I have finally found out how not to get bitten and if i do get bitten how to stop the itch !!  I use sun screen from Boots with insect repel already added, as they do bite in the day and I think people only think the little buggers come out at night, and make sure you put the cream on before you go aout at night.  I always buy a spray on holiday and spray the room before we out for a few beers and usually that will get rid on any in the room before we come back too pie eyed to notice if there are any in the room.

But if you are bitten the best thing is a cream called Anthisan, stops the itch but also take some anti hystamine (sorry don't know how to spell) pirton tabs are good.  Don't mean to put a downer on your hols but they do love my blood and the tablets stop any swelling if like me you have a reaction to bites.

We are really looking forward to our holls, only 9 more sleeps,  I do remember 5 years back and they did spray the whole area when we where there but not the following year so not sure if they still do.

Here's to a none scratching holiday !!  Can't wait !

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2008, 05:53:11 PM »
Of course all these measures are great for keeping the little blighters away but it means nothing if your wife leaves the bedroom window open all night behind the curtains (my bed nearest the window ) and you're woken up at 4 in the morning by the sound of about 50 of em whining in perfect harmony and having a "Mossiefest " on my bare back !
The left side of my back and shoulder next morning looked like the area round double top on a dartboard !
Oh how everybody laughed !
Except me .
Ouch !!!
Hope I don't burn !

Offline wayne

• arillas trip 6
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2008, 06:26:00 PM »
Ha, very good had me going there for one second.

So we need bananas, buzz off and b****y stilts? I am going to enjoy this holiday even if it kills me! Falling off me stilts, slipping on the banana skins or being eaten by the mossies....I don't care I've got two days to go hurrayyy 

Hope you have a good holiday Wino where abouts are you staying?

Cheers Nan x

will be at hotel marvel from 11th august for 2 weeks only 4 sleeps to go

Nan

« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2008, 03:11:27 PM »
Was going great guns with my avon dry body oil and boots repellant spray for 5 whole days.... you guessed it!! 2 days before coming back I get five monster bites on my legs big, purple and still itchy. Never mind there were a lot of them about and others had more bites and didn't winge. Lovely time inspite of the mossies anyway perhaps I should have tried the stilts, maybe I will next time :)

Cheers Nan x

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2008, 10:57:45 PM »
They look really sore Barry, I hope they healed up quickly.

I have got everything this year, patches for my skin and clothes, roll on repellent, marmite, Vit b tablets, plugs in, a buzzy thing, net for the window, antihistamine, bananas I can buy out there and my favourite GERMOLENE!

Perhaps I ought to pack some cling film and wrap myself up in that!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2008, 12:36:49 PM »
Ha ha, Sue, sounds like you should be safe with that lot!

Mind you, I thought I was well protected until washing my hands and soon after getting bitten on my finger......... lol
lynn x

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2008, 12:51:45 PM »
didnt get bitten AT ALL in arillas, feeling smug............ cut the grass at home on friday and i was eaten alive by horseflies nasty little b****** i have got 3 nasty bites on my leg, one is really red and swollen, and two on one shoulder!
 my son is getting married on sunday, i am going to look fabulous in my outfit with flippin red swollen bite marks all over me!!!!!
ger x

Offline wayne

• arillas trip 6
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2013, 08:40:44 PM »
just found this on the net apparently bounce drier sheets keeps mozzies at bay

http://lifehacker.com/5721187/bounce-fabric-softener-keeps-mosquitoes-and-gnats-away

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2013, 09:13:02 PM »
ger ,,same here with kay ,,got 2/3 bites in 11 days in arillas ,,done the mashing hung it out ,15 bites in the garden ,,lol

Offline westhampete

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2013, 05:48:37 PM »
We returned yesterday after another brilliant two weeks. Triggers recomendation recomendationworks for us only six bites in two weeks.

Offline Diane and Terry

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2013, 11:45:02 PM »
Been bitten to bits previously.  However this year ( 2 weeks June 17th - July 1st ) no bites at all!!!!!!!.  Used Tea Tree & Lemon shower gel and followed that with an application of Mozzie Milk.  Avon Skin So Soft had the same effect.  The secret is not to wear perfume or aftershave which attracts the little b*****s.

Booking.com