Author Topic: Easter in Arillas  (Read 14956 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Easter in Arillas
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2012, 06:00:58 PM »
Ha Ha Sandy meluvver! Ask Norwich Union about pension schemes and justphil.... At least I am only part time now. Had I stayed in the company scheme I was in, Jen and I would be living in Arillas by now. But I got "bought out" and am living in Somerset to regret it.  They acknowledged it a few years ago and doubled the fund more or less, but I am locked in till I'm 65. It will be the 70th that we share at Brouklis.....

loveandhugs
Phil

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2012, 06:34:50 PM »
Might start a trend for Easter in Arillas..May 5th I think next year.Over the past few years the seaon has got shorter.I remember our first holiday in Arillas was 1991 .we arrived on the 1st of May..and most of the tavernas were open..Its slowly crept to June before the season starts proper..So come on lets see more going earlier and maybe encourage them to open..

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2012, 06:37:22 PM »
Correction... should have been 2001 not 1991  wishfull thinking..

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2012, 08:28:55 PM »
kes, get yer act together. What's next though?

I agree so much. Easter could see the businesses in Arillas get so much new money. With half a chance I'd be there anyway, but the new folks would get bitten by the Arillas bug and return time after time.

Yous and Kath enjoy your new situation. And get the first prize on the Easter Arillas trail..... (information on request)

Phil

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2012, 10:23:40 PM »
Well we did the Arillas trail in June..just needed a few cool boxes hidden along the way with some nice cool Methos inside..instead  we had to drink the warm methos we took with us..So Phil whats the Suprise?

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2012, 11:07:44 PM »
Ha ha kes. Not a "surprise" but a prize. The first prize is a free ticket to my lecture to be delivered at Rainbow in Arillas  on November 2,  "The joys of North West Corfu." The booby prize is two free tickets.....

The cash alternative is a Metaxa 7* in Marvel.... Have a slight idea which you will choose!

Phil

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2012, 12:11:34 PM »
Easter Sundays is 5th May, we will be home before then. Sandy, kes and Kath what dates do you arrive? Loe Vivxx

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2012, 12:27:10 PM »
The good news for anyone who likes to plan ahead is that in 2014 UK & Greek Easter Sunday fall on the same date...April 20th

Hopefully Easyjet and Ryanair will still be flying to Corfu in 2014...a good way to use the Good Friday and Easter Monday public holidays...a nice long weekend in Corfu :-)

(and for anyone who likes to plan extremely well in advance...they again fall on the same date on April 16th 2017)

Eileen.xxx

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2012, 03:16:14 PM »
Viv, I am there (hopefully with my dad) from 22 April to 14 May so will no doubt see you there at ome point xx
Sandy x

Booking.com