Author Topic: Evenings in May  (Read 15919 times)

Offline PaulnMaria

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Evenings in May
« on: May 04, 2008, 07:38:53 PM »
Hi
Just packing the cases for our trip to Arillas later this week and wondered whether we need to pack a few jumpers for evening wear. We normally visit Arillas in September and usually find we are alright without them but not sure about the temperature at night in May. Any advice?

Offline BBB

Re: Evenings in May
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 08:23:58 PM »
Yes you will need something warm with long sleeves to wear in the evening.  There may be a heatwave as there was last year in May but be prepared for cool evenings especially if the wind is up. You may well find people wanting to eat inside in May.
BBB

Offline PaulnMaria

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 08:42:11 PM »
Thanks BBB
I'll add a couple of jumpers to the list!
Maria

riggers

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 09:37:33 PM »
That has surprised me. I never thought you would need jumpers in Arillas in Mid may.

riggers.........

Offline PaulnMaria

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 09:40:55 PM »
Don't know what Maria's worried about........we're from the North East, our natural colour is pale blue !! :)

riggers

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 09:45:10 PM »
Hmmm like us, we are from North West. Blue Also...........  :)

riggers........

Offline PaulnMaria

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 09:59:20 PM »
Whereabouts riggers ?

riggers

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 10:09:46 PM »
Glossop.  :)

And you Paul ?

riggers.........

Offline PaulnMaria

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 10:14:15 PM »
Slightly North of Middlesbrough, in Billingham.

Offline BBB

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 12:24:56 AM »
Riggers,
I have been every May for 13 years and the weather can certainly be cool if not cold in the evenings. Also the beginning of May can be a lot colder than the end of the month. Unfortunately you won't see the fireflies if it is too windy or cold but you won't have the mozzies either.

BBB

riggers

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 12:42:30 AM »
Cheers for that info BBB.

As Terry says in other posts this is a great Website for informatation. Still i would luv to be there though.  :)  :)

riggers......

Hope you have a great holiday everyone.  :)  :)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 10:39:51 AM »
Agree riggers - so much information offered and freely given on this forum.

On topic, we have never been able to go in May - term time not possible, but just watch us next year when I'm f-r-e-e! Cool, windy or whatever, we seem to be able to enjoy every minute there regardless....

Last October we had loads of rain, didn't have enough clothes with us, but we had a whale of a time. I've said it before - it's the people who make Arillas such a special place.

Phil

Offline PaulnMaria

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 12:59:18 PM »
Oh I do hope it is not too cold or windy for the fireflies as this is a spectacle we'd love to see.
This website is always our first port of call if we require any info on Arillas or Corfu in general. So many people with years of experience visiting/living in the area - much better than any guide book.
Maria

Offline wayne

• arillas trip 6
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2008, 01:39:39 PM »
i went in may 2 yrs ago the nights were cold so pack some long sleeves.i did not get any bites but my wife did.

Offline BBB

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2008, 03:21:34 PM »
Thinking about it, we have stayed in Arillas in each of the summer months and even came in January this year, but May has got to be one of our favourite months to visit. We like the variations in the weather compared to the relentless heat in July and August which can restrict any activities apart from beach/pool etc. We find then that we do as the greeks do in the summer and have a siesta in the afternoon. May is ideal for walking or other excursions. The evenings in May can be a pleasant relief from the sunny days and we find we sleeping easier too. I too hope we have some warmer evenings this May as we shall be there as well.
I'm sure there are many people like me who are "Arillas Experts" who read this forum daily but don't post very often. I will only post if I am 100% sure that I can give the correct information.
Phil, we always came in the May half term when our children were at school, but at a price of course.

Booking.com