Author Topic: Arillas Website news May 2008  (Read 15482 times)

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
Arillas Website news May 2008
« on: May 13, 2008, 11:49:06 AM »
Dear Friends of Arillas,
With the new start of the Summer season I ‘m happy to announce also a new  part of our website  which we all hope that is going to help a lot of you to find more and accurate information about the places you are interested in  your favorite  destination.
This is the Arillas Online Business directory.
With this feature our website will be providing information, pictures, and contact details of all existing establishments, and points of interest in Arillas and the surrounding areas.
 Many of the small family run establishments of Arillas do not have their own internet presentation but they do deserve to be listed on the internet with just their tel-fax number or even just their postal address.  Therefore, I have created this directory hoping that it will help not only the local business but the regular or potential visitor of my hometown.
In order to make it easier for me to list everything it is also possible for anyone of you to contribute and add your favorite places like tavernas, shops, bars, cafés,  accommodation, shops, hotels, etc .
I’m sure that a lot of you have kept business cards or brochures of your hosts and you must have taken some good pictures too. Now it’s time to place all this information somewhere you will always be able to find it again without having to search too much.
The embedded search engine allows you to search by category, name , distance from beach , facilities etc, offering you the privilege of advanced, reliable and fast  indexing while searching.
Before you make an addition, make sure you perform a search , as it may have been added already in our database.
I’ll be very grateful to receive your feedback or any questions about it from all of you. I hope that by the end of the season we will complete the very first and personal “white pages” of Arillas.
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
Re: Arillas Website news May 2008
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 12:00:13 PM »
What brilliant idea Dimitris! I will have to rummage through my drawers for the business cards, photos and other pieces of paper with contact details and add them to your list once I get home.
Life is good ;)

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 12:27:34 PM »
I have a load of stuff at home that I can never find and think it will be great to be able to find it all together with other people's as well.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 01:02:50 PM »
The Arillas Online Business directory is a valuable addition to the website, Dimitris.

I posted an answer to a question yesterday about "pottery" shops in Arillas and my reply gave links to Irini's shop and to Perditas Glass Art. Entries, of these two businesses in the  directory, could have helped with the pottery shop question.

The two businesses are not yet listed, but how could this be done? I assume that Irini and Perdita should add their businesses themselves, but they may not know that it exists. Or, I could make an addition myself with links to their shops, but this does not seem the right thing to do. Or, I could contact them and let them know about the directory.

I suppose I am just playing Devils Advocate here, because I just fear that some entries could be made to the directory incorrectly and by the wrong people. A good example would be any entries in the "Health" section, because an incorrect telephone number could cause problems in an emergency situation. Also a description of a business by someone, other than the owner, could give misleading information.

The above are just thoughts for the feedback.

Its interesting that you have posted this today because I have just started my "Holiday  Listing" in which I create my own directory to take with me on holiday. Is there anyway that this new directory could be made available as a listing that could be printed out to take on holiday to Arillas.

Thanks again Dimitris.

TerryW

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 01:32:24 PM »
The Arillas Online Business directory is a valuable addition to the website, Dimitris.

I posted an answer to a question yesterday about "pottery" shops in Arillas and my reply gave links to Irini's shop and to Perditas Glass Art. Entries, of these two businesses in the  directory, could have helped with the pottery shop question.

The two businesses are not yet listed, but how could this be done? I assume that Irini and Perdita should add their businesses themselves, but they may not know that it exists. Or, I could make an addition myself with links to their shops, but this does not seem the right thing to do. Or, I could contact them and let them know about the directory.

I suppose I am just playing Devils Advocate here, because I just fear that some entries could be made to the directory incorrectly and by the wrong people. A good example would be any entries in the "Health" section, because an incorrect telephone number could cause problems in an emergency situation. Also a description of a business by someone, other than the owner, could give misleading information.

The above are just thoughts for the feedback.

Its interesting that you have posted this today because I have just started my "Holiday  Listing" in which I create my own directory to take with me on holiday. Is there anyway that this new directory could be made available as a listing that could be printed out to take on holiday to Arillas.

Thanks again Dimitris.

TerryW

Terry,
Thank you for your quick review and feedback.,
I dont have the time to answer everythign right now.
Every Addition is reviewed and is only published after being approved by the administrator, so any mistakes can be easily predicted.

your thoughts are very serious
but what I can say is that,... If I was thinking like this when I started then I would never have started the website.....

It;s getting busy for lunch ...
talk to you soon,

dimitris
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 02:41:19 PM »
Every Addition is reviewed and is only published after being approved by the administrator, so any mistakes can be easily predicted.

I think the above answered everything, Dimitris, but did you really have to mention lunch. I am now thinking of Fish Bourdeto followed by Galaktoboureko. Any chance of them both being on the menu on June 30th?

TerryW

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 02:43:23 PM »
Yummy.
Lindypops.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 06:07:44 PM »
Really useful idea Dimitris!  You will be inundated with lots of information no doubt!

Have a good day!  BG
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Marika

• Forum Fanatic
  • With love!
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 06:30:06 PM »
Hi Dimitris!

That is brilliant. A very good idea!
Now you can see all on one view.
Thank you :)
It will be very interesting how it looked in few month :)

Marika :) x x x

www.marika75.webs.com

Booking.com