Author Topic: accomodation  (Read 8073 times)

Offline garythebike

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
accomodation
« on: May 17, 2008, 10:09:56 AM »
Does anyone know of the mirage apts, and if so what are they like ? We're staying there from 10th - 24th june.
      Ta. Gary.

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: accomodation
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 01:16:21 PM »
hi garythebike and welcome to the forum.

The Mirage is in a prime position, almost on the beach with a very pleasant garden at the front. Just past Ina's supermarket and before Graziella, where the food is amazing. You can find all sorts of posts about it - we highly recommend the garlic prawns - to die for!

If you click on Accommodation in the side menu, there is a link to the Mirage in the package holiday section. this takes you to Thomas Cook site where there is a slideshow etc. But guess that's how you found it and have seen it already.

In the Maps section you can go to the interactive map, which will show you more.

Very good reports about Mirage have been made on the forum by other members. You can find them by going to Forum, Home,Accommodaton Reviews.

We mostly stay a good way up the hill (Christos, Alecos Sgouros, Anna Studios, where we will be in July.)

Is this your first time in Arillas? Be warned, it is addictive and you will get hooked! In a nice way of course........

Best wishes
Phil

Offline garythebike

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 02:16:31 PM »
Thanks for the info Phil.
I have been to Arillas once before, about 6 or 7 years ago. We stayed at the alexandros appts ( i think ), some way up a slight hill and next to the Rainbow bar, i was with my two children and found the whole experience very pleasant and the people excellent. I'm hoping it hasn't changed too much.

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 06:37:28 PM »
hi gary

Even after our four visits, we have only seen one side of the village. Never met Dimitris (soon will....) at Brouklis, and have had one drink in the Rainbow last October. (One for us means we called in for ten minutes....) Alexandros apartments are indeed there, we looked it up on justlookin's link:

http://arillasmap.awardspace.com/googlemap.php

We will be there in July and will  be filling in our knowledge of the bits we've missed. Then we will be spending all of September there and celebrating our 36 anniversary.

It has changed, but the people never will....
best wishes
Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 07:15:52 PM »
garythebike.

I have to ask.
Are you pedal powered or have a lawnmower engine secured to the back wheel?

But... As a local resident now it is very difficult for me to express an opinion about one business without upsetting another.

That said:- I know people who stayed at Mirage last week and said it was excellant accommodation and i know of a family of five who ate there and loved the food.
Add that to location - 3 mins from the beach if you wobble and what have you got?

I don't think you will be dissapointed

Negg

Offline garythebike

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 10:39:55 PM »
Ah, the name ! In England i think it has more than one meaning, allthough i'd like to think it refers to my mode of transport which is most defineately engine powered. Having said that, i didn't choose the name so i can't be sure.

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 12:09:36 AM »
Gary,
We stayed at The Mirage apartment's 2 year's in a row and we would highly recommend it.Nick and Angela will certainly look after you.
Recommend running straight over the road and into the sea.
Then run back over road and jump in the pool !
It's like jumping into a hot bath !
Lovely breakfast's round the pool and nice evening meal's too.
That's if you can fit it in between all the other great eateries !
P.S If the horse is still out the back she loves a couple of apples a day and the odd Polo mint !
Hope I don't burn !

Offline garythebike

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 08:48:00 PM »
favourite hobby is eating out , not so sure about leaping from sea to bar , but now i'll have to try ' life's too short not to try everything !

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 10:19:55 PM »
but now i'll have to try ' life's too short not to try everything !

What a delightful attitude garythebike :D I totally agree with you!
Life is good ;)

Offline garythebike

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 09:13:21 AM »
EEG
I'll let you know wether it was a good idea on tues 10th in the coconut bar (18 days , that's put a smile on my face !)

Booking.com