Author Topic: Sunset  (Read 35150 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Sunset
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2008, 04:17:17 PM »
Fantastic Dimitris. Just watched it 3 times.

I'd hate my days in Arillas to pass by so fast though!  lol

Phil

Offline Eleni

• Irenes Villas
  • Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • Irenes Villas
    • Irenes Villas
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2008, 11:57:00 PM »
I totaly agree!
The problem is that it s not only the days that are passing so quicly but out hall life
as well1

Forgive me to say,but i didn t like it!

I know that people can do many things with technology and computer knowledge
but if you notice better you ll realise that as much as something can be apeared  technically  as a masterpiece,as less it "taulks to the heart and the soul.
After all ,time is important to give the space needed in everything  around us and inside us.

Videos that are "killing" the time may show the result of a natural procedure like a
joke mostly than a real fact...

I liked the chosen song very much !

Could you put it on together with a sunshine procedure in "almost" real time???
I d love that! It would give me the needed time to "feel" and  realy relax  .....

Eleni

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2008, 10:49:02 PM »
Eleni's post has reminded me of a day last year, when I picked up a publication from the reception at the Horizon. It was called "Real Corfu - Discover North Corfu" and it was published by CPA Real Estate Agents.

On the second page was a short article written by Torsten Tilmans, a physiotherapist who lives in Afionis. I am sure that many forum members will be able to relate to the last paragraph.

Dear Readers

I would like to share some thoughts about living the moment. I am living in the old part of Afionas, a beautiful village in the north west of Corfu island, which is located on the top of a hill. To the south you have a breathtaking view down to the large bay of St George and looking to the north you face the wideness of the sea with the five Diapontia Islands of Othonoi, Erikousa, Mathraki, Diabolo and Gravia

These surroundings make it already very easy to be in the moment; sitting down, getting calm, watching the environment, hearing the sounds of the sea and the birds, feeling the sun and the wind, smelling the herbs and the flowers.

Spending a lot of time caring for my garden and renovating the house, I realized that it is good to be "living in the moment" while you are active. Being in the moment means that you are highly concentrated and therefore you are highly efficient in whatever you do.

In turn, this means you lose the feeling of time. When you do this you are never in a hurry, which in turn means you make less mistakes and you minimize the risk of getting injured or having an accident.

Also you are aware of your senses; being aware of your senses means you are receptive to receive plenty of information giving you new ideas for the next step of your activity or even unexpected insights about other topics you were dealing with in your mind.

Living in the moment means you are connected "with your body and therefore you feel immediately when you are overdoing your work or activity by receiving information if things start to feel uncomfortable or painful. For example in your back, your head, your hands or your joints. This again gives you the chance to stop, or to change the way you do your work or activity in order to avoid having physical problems.

Maybe now you can understand the benefits we achieve by just living in the moment?

It feels like sitting on top of a hill in Afionas, getting calm, watching the environment, hearing the sounds of the sea and the birds, feeling the sun and the wind, smelling the herbs and flowers   ...........

Thank you for listening. Torsten Tilmans,

Physiotherapist 0030 6938799723

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2008, 11:01:04 PM »
thanks for reminding me Terry. I sat in Thalassa last summer reading that article about four times. He is so eloquent.

In turn, this means you lose the feeling of time. When you do this you are never in a hurry, which in turn means you make less mistakes and you minimize the risk of getting injured or having an accident.

I think that is what our Eleni was saying. A sunset in 60 seconds does not help you lose the feeling of time. I feel sure she is right about it, but somehow not being able to see it at all is even worse. Or is it?

I know that Jen and me have sat for hours planning who will see, when we will go here or there or everywhere when we get out to Arillas. Expect you and Helen are the same. I just know that when we get there it will all go out of the window, and we will just take it as it comes. What lovely thoughtful posts from you both

Phil

Booking.com