Author Topic: Frequncy of Arillas visits  (Read 6798 times)

Offline Paul D

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
Frequncy of Arillas visits
« on: May 25, 2008, 03:30:26 PM »
Hi, everone. Hope you are all OK! I was just wondering what other forum users think about how often they visit Arillas and for what reasons. Do you use it as a bolt-hole or is it your main holiday of the year? Wife and I love this place and consider it heaven on earth. However, on our budget, we have to think about do we return each year or try elsewhere? As we are both `fairly young`, we have many more years left to chill out here, but as I have travelled more than Heather,she feels she has to see more of the world as well. Arillas would be a marvelous place to retire to or own your own apartment to rent out. What are your thougts?  By the way,these discussions are great!!!!!  Yassas.
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Frequncy of Arillas visits
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 04:07:43 PM »
Hi Paul, I think some of us pop over a cpl of times a year when ever we can,we have travelled all over but for us Arillas provides us with I guess what you would call a bolt hole.
Ang

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 05:54:27 PM »
hi Paul

Heather is probably right - there is plenty of time and a lot more to see. But I asked Jen just a minute ago, are you bothered that I have been all over America and Europe, and you have never been further than the Med, and now we almost only go to Arillas?

She said "NO WAY!"

But we are in our fifties and would rather spend what we can afford doing what we both love.

Enjoy Arillas when you go. But you never know - the addiction creeps up on you, and before you know it you're hooked. And it is OK to be a young Arillas Addict. It isn't compulsory.....

best wishes
Phil

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 06:33:13 PM »
We feel exactly the same as you Phil as we are in our fifties too.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Maggie

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 11:29:19 PM »
We have relatives in usa and have seen quite a bit of usa, but not really the usual places e.g.major cities. We've also seen a bit of europe. We always find that,as we only have 1 decent holiday per year, we go to Arillas. We can relax there, and return home feeling relaxed and stress free. (and very sad to leave). We now have a house there, and are staying in it for the first time this summer. Eventually, we do intend to retire there full time. I don't really think that we will miss much of the uk.
 Our only real concern is that we may be bored with no work, but we'll deal with that when or if it happens.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 12:47:54 AM »
Maggie it will never happen. I have more potential work than I ever had before I "retired." Joke! Will bother about that after September in Arillas.

I just ain't sure if i'd prefer jelly babies, pickled onions or night nurse........

Jen and me shall hedge our bets and rent to start with.

But Corfu watch out - HERE WE COME!!!

best wishes
Phil and Jen

Offline Diane x

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 05:39:20 PM »
Paul
we are in the same position as you, we absolutely love Arillas but feel there are so many other places in the world to visit. With the explosion of the internet finding your own travel/itenary is so much easier and cheaper. You don't feel the need to follow the crowd and be herded round like cattle with tour operators anymore.

We visited New England last year after Keith had done business in Boston, I was so fascinated  especially when we visited a Shaker village. Just made me realise how much of interst is out there.
There is something magical about Arillas tho !

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 05:45:40 PM »
Hi Diane

I never bored of Boston and all around there. So many times I've lost count. Was just such a shame I was always in a suit and tie, and jen couldn't come out there with me. Like I said, we've "matured" now and can't help booking Arillas Again!

best wishes
Phil

Offline garythebike

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 06:12:39 PM »
I have been to Arillas once before, about 7 years ago.
Since then i have been living in Tenerife, and the concept of going on holiday when living on a holiday island seemed a bit ridiculous.
We returned home last year and made the mistake of holidaying in Cornwall, don't get me wrong, i love Cornwall but if you remember it rained constantly !
 Desperately trying to court favour with my wife, i've suggested Arillas this year because i know she's going to love it (her first time).
In an ideal world it would be nice to have 2 annual holidays, the first to explore the world, the 2nd to return to somewhere you know you'll feel comfy and enjoy.
So, there you have it and as soon as i win the lottery, so will i !!!

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 11:44:24 PM »
Hi, Diane. Heather and I did a tour of California, Arizona and Nevada last year and were totally amazed at all the sites and cities we visited. Then when we got home, we decided we needed a good relaxing time, so we returned to you know where. If we don`t do Arillas this year, then we won`t beat ourselves up. Phil, I also agree with you that if you really love a place, then why not stick to it.  Each to their own!!!
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 08:46:45 AM »
I managed to loose Arillas for about 14 years, so now it seems to be permanently on the program minimum once a summer. This year it will be twice :)

It is just that kind of place where you get your head totally rested and live in the blissful state for a week or two at the time.

Only 9 sleeps now to the first trip :D
Life is good ;)

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 11:44:59 AM »
As I've mentioned before, I often feel a little bit guilty that the kids havent seen more of the world due to our love affair with Arillas. I have been to quite a lot of different countries but as others have said we found our perfect place in Arillas.  I just wish that the funds were there to have a second holiday so that we could have the best of both worlds. Then i look at it that the kids are extremely lucky that they get a holiday abroad once a year and have done since they were born and they absolutely love the place.  our worst nightmare would be an all inclusive like Benidorm (hilarious TV programme though!!) but there again the kids would prob love it.  What to do??!

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 12:16:09 PM »
Paul D, I agree entirely that there's more world out there to see, yet we also want to return to Arillas!

Garythebike, that would be my ideal world too, except that 3 or 4 annual holidays may be better still!

Maggie and Phil, we've been thinking along the same lines and reckon that the only thing we'd miss in the UK are our kids and grandkids.

Jo, I think your children are extremely lucky to go to Arillas every year, and they have their whole lives ahead of them to choose where else they may want to go to at later dates.

Lynn x

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2008, 04:39:46 PM »
Jo.....I took my children to Arillas every year from 1993 as we all loved it. They are now 24 and 25 ....and guess where they are both going on holiday this year, albeit independently with friends?
Sandy x

Maggie

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2008, 08:19:03 PM »
Jo Our kids had holidays in Arillas too. I asked my daughter one day, did she think she missed anything, like kids clubs etc, cos she's never been to one. She said no chance!!!!
 They both have great memories of corfu, and now, their place of choice if they can afford a holiday? ARILLAS. (and thats not only cos we have a house and it makes their hols a fair bit cheaper!) lol. Your lads will always remember their hols, and will probably continue to visit Arillas.

Booking.com