Author Topic: Pick of the day 27th May  (Read 3524 times)

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
Pick of the day 27th May
« on: May 27, 2008, 05:37:29 PM »
Dimitris.
Picture of the day 27th May

That Bird has been there for two weeks now
this Picture was taken on May 15th at 7.15pm

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Pick of the day 27th May
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 09:48:38 PM »
Heads at a different angle and the left wing slightly open, but it could well be the same bird who likes his spot....not being a twitcher but as I work from home and sit looking out at my garden and the birds at the bird feeders I have come to notice these little things, I even have a few names for my regulars lol..nice pic though
Ang

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 12:40:34 AM »
We used to love watching these little birds flying back and forth when we had a meal at the Captains. they had their nests under the eaves and would constantly fly about with food and the babies would poke their heads out of the nests.  We just hoped we didnt get something dropping into our food en route tho!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 12:22:58 PM »
Yes, that was us a couple of weeks ago, bg, watching the birds at the Captains and wondering if we should be shielding our dinners at the same time!

We also watched little birds scoop down to the swimming pool at Poppy's Bardis Sun Studios, and skim the top of the pool before flying off again.  Someone said they were swallows but they looked like they could be house martins.

Lynn x

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 12:47:43 PM »
We also watched little birds scoop down to the swimming pool at Poppy's Bardis Sun Studios, and skim the top of the pool before flying off again.

I spent quite a lot of time watching the birds doing that at the Tropicana pool last summer and it is most entertaining :)
Life is good ;)

Booking.com