Author Topic: Beach BBQ  (Read 27389 times)

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Beach BBQ
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 07:04:28 PM »
Glad about that, and if anyone does find me sticking out of a shrubbery of a morning, just check Im okay, enjoyed the evening befores meal and point me back to the Arillas Bay :-) :-)

Offline judith

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2008, 04:37:58 PM »
coming to Arillas for the first time in August and have never been anywhere in Greece before. I have just been diagnosed with diabetes, to be controlled by diet, so need to be able to eat lots of veggies and fruit.  From what I have read on the forum I can see that there are lots of lovely places to eat and hopefully they will be able to cater for me. Can anyone confirm this for me.
Judith

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2008, 04:47:39 PM »
Definately, they do fabulous salads apart from the traditional greek with feta. Chef's Salad is a particular favourite of Mikes.  Loads of veggie dishes like beans, tomatoes, cucumbers peppers etc.  Even mash potatoes in some places but the Greek roast potatoes are lovely too with olive oil and lemon.  I suppose as long as you keep away from the baklava and cakes, they are very sweet, you will be fine.

I know how difficult it is with diabetes as my son and m.in law has it and has to be careful with diet too, but I am sure you will be ok.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline judith

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2008, 05:58:40 PM »
Thanx for the info on the food.  I am really looking forward to coming.  Just this half term to go and then I can relax.

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2008, 06:13:00 PM »
You will love Greece Judith, its a million miles from the Costas, more laid back and simple, but just what you expect. Its our first time in Arillas, so on our return in mid july simply look for our posts, there will be lots of updates. :-)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2008, 06:16:50 PM »
hi judith

I am about to stop being a teacher after 17 years. half term are words I never want to hear again. jen and me have been ripped off by tour operators all over the world and at last can get out to Arillas without paying thru the nose.

All you have read here is true - it is an addictive place. I always thought I would have had an affair with Stella (Artois) but my affair with Arillas makes me think I might be attracted to sun, sand, food, company, happiness, welcome, etc etc too many to list.........

I only have one affair, Jen and me together since she was 15 and me 17. Arillas just puts the cherry on our cake....

Enjoy your first time "you will be back......"
phil

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2008, 07:01:30 PM »
Ah Stella, we know her well, especially when she is in a nice frosty outfit. Such a good way of spending the hottest hours, with a seductive Greek salad and crusty bread..... and maybe a jug of local vino....Mmmmm :-)

riggers

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2008, 08:14:10 PM »
Couldn't  put it better myself. Nearly time i think......  :)

riggers.......

Offline judith

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2008, 05:01:15 PM »
Hi justphil,
               Les (the hubby) and I really look forward to our holidays and after reading this forum for a few months, we can't wait to arrive in Arillas as it sounds idyllic.  Have been teaching for 30 odd years now and still enjoy it.  Am I crazy or what? It does get expensive at holiday times though. Have just returned from a Paris break - need to save up again!!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2008, 05:13:14 PM »
hi judith

don't get me wrong - I adore the classroom and the teaching. They say I am quite good at it. It is just the stress and daily ridiculous issues that college managements invent.

I am so glad to be looking at pastures new....... Arillas will be part of that. It is what you make of it. On the face a little Corfiot Greek village. In reality a little slice of heaven......

phil

Offline judith

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2008, 05:38:56 PM »
hi phil,

Know what you mean!!! Teaching is always political. Can't wait for the summer break and have a well deserved rest in Arillas.

judith

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2008, 11:47:20 PM »
All these teachers, hope there wont be any detentions for falling in the pot plants while drunk in charge of flipflops. After the terrible weather in Newcastle today, the next 4 weeks cant pass quick enough.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2008, 09:33:53 PM »
I have to admit GazCaz that I seen a few pot plants close up and personal before. I don't wear flipflops for that very reason!

My favourites are hedges though - somewhere in the archives of the forum you will find my confessions....

I blame it on the "Greek Measures" and I'm sticking to it!

best wishes
Phil

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2008, 09:23:56 PM »
Aye, once they start sometimes they dont know when to stop. You order wine with your meal and they bring you one to get you going and one when the food arrives. Its the way to go. I don't mind as long as there is lashings for true greek food.

A further note, not that I bothered about football, but it was a shame that Greece lost yesterday.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2008, 11:15:47 PM »
Not bothered about football?  PLEASSSSE

Booking.com