Author Topic: booking own flights  (Read 10539 times)

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
Re: booking own flights
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2008, 01:17:48 PM »
One year, we left it last minute ( - day before!!) and couldn't find any cheap flights but got a cheap package with 'accomodation on arrival'. I think it was about £150 each for 2 weeks, flight and accomodation..
The accomodation turned out to be in Benitses, and was awful, so we drove over to Arillas, and booked in with Olga for 2 weeks, I think she charged us 20 euros a night ( - total , not each!).
The rep in Benitses wasn't happy when we told her what we were doing, but hey, they got their money, so conscience clear.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2008, 01:53:21 PM »
I think that was a brilliant idea Angiem.  I have a friend in Crete whose son would come out on a cheap package but go and stay with her.  After all you could book your holiday and go island hopping and not be at your accomodation anyway.  As you say, as long as they have their money it doesnt matter where you go in the end does it.  Well worth thinking about for the future.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Cheryl2307

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2008, 03:02:22 PM »
We went in October 2006 and there were a few people who had got 3 weeks for price of 2 but not sure if they still do these deals.

Another problem for us Northerners is getting cheap flights!  EJ don't go to Corfu from Manchester (as far as I am aware) so our options up here are more limited.   
Cheryl O

Booking.com