Author Topic: Thalassa Open??  (Read 18268 times)

Offline mbtir

Re: Thalassa Open??
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2008, 10:19:40 AM »
That's great news, Negg! Thanks for that! I can sleep easy now safe in the knowledge that in a weeks time we'll be there! Thanks again.

M

Offline justlynn

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2008, 10:49:21 AM »
Glad to hear that Thalassa is back open, its my favourite restaurant, had some gorgeous meals in there!!

One of mine too, Smiffy, but we went before they opened, and no one else's stuffed peppers are quite the same!

Never mind, good food everywhere in Arillas!

Offline pg32

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2008, 01:36:25 PM »
Hello All

Not been around for a while! We went to Thalassa last year and it was an awful meal! Looks as though i am in a minority though! I would go back to see if it was just a one off.

Paul

Offline lilacs

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2008, 01:44:09 PM »
hi ya paul,

sorry you had a crap meal, but give it another go,,,, you will be pleased. i bet it was a 1 off,
we have had many meals there year after year, every other night of our 2 week breaks, and we had a fantastic meal every single time.

are you going to arillas this year.

kind regards

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2008, 01:57:24 PM »
I must admit the Thalassa isnt our favourite either Paul, we havent had a good meal there yet, bit nouveau cuisine for me and not enough of it.  We like it rough and ready... well not as bad as that but you know what I mean, where we feel comfortable if we us our fingers sometimes.   We have only been there because of the jazz nights not because we like the food.  Sorry to offend anyone.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline lilacs

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2008, 02:01:43 PM »
hi ya blondegirl,

ahhhh, sorry you feel that, its a shame when you sit waiting for sum nice food, and you dont get what you should,
yes we to . love a rough and ready meal,,,lol...
have a great day

Offline pg32

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2008, 02:20:57 PM »
we went nearly everywhere last year and Thalassa and the Marina were the worst meals we had. We loved captains, Brouklis and Costas the most and the onethe opposite way from costas, cant think of the name at the moment. We will try Thalassa again, hope its better!!

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2008, 08:55:49 PM »
Isn't it funny how so many people can have so many different opinions? We tend to have our favourite dishes for different restaurants.  That said, we had raw (ie pink rubbery) chicken at one Taverna that shall remain nameless and we would never go again which is a shame because we had been a few times previously.  'Nowt fussier than folk' we say in these parts!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2008, 12:10:41 AM »
Yes Jo!

We all have our thing, and if a restauarant can get so many great reviews and so few bad ones it must be good and worth tryng.

Not to push it, but I once had a lobster dish in Boston USA  which cost someone (not me!) a fortune and it tasted like bleached shoe leather. The place was full of people who were saying how good the restaurant was, but like you and others said earlier, I simply ate what I could and said no more in public until now (25 years later).

It is each to their own - Jen hates mashed potatoes and gravy - BG and I both love it going by earlier posts. So the debate will go on forever.

Best wishes
Phil

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2008, 12:21:28 AM »
Isnt the saying "Horses for Courses".. or have I got that wrong... each to their own or something along those lines. We can all have our off days and some days they must have those in restaurants too.  It must be very hard catering for everyone  who have so many different tastes and expectations.

But,  I must admit I do get very disappointed myself if the service and food is below par.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2008, 11:51:16 AM »
We can all have our off days and some days they must have those in restaurants too.  It must be very hard catering for everyone  who have so many different tastes and expectations.

Well said blondegirl! I personally am a Thalassa fan and have always received excellent service and gorgeous food and will go the in the next couple of weeks a few times I believe :)
Life is good ;)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2008, 12:45:07 PM »
Enjoy EEG! I can tell you that from 7 to 21 July, jen and me will spend more hours there than anywhere else. And most of the rest of it at Brouklis? But then they all do good Mythos so we'll see!

Have a great time!
phil

Offline wayne

• arillas trip 6
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2008, 01:25:23 AM »
any body eaten here this year if so how is the food anything new on the menu .

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2008, 11:06:38 AM »
Heidi and I have managed to eat there twice already and the menu is more or less the same and as delicious as last year :)
Life is good ;)

Offline wayne

• arillas trip 6
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2008, 12:19:20 PM »
thanks EEG i cant wait till august

Booking.com