Author Topic: Thalassa Open??  (Read 18247 times)

Offline Marion

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Re: Thalassa Open??
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2008, 08:54:27 PM »
Called into Thalassa Restaurant last week - meal was very good, service excellent largely due to Yiannas's brother. Sorry we didn't see Yianna, but overall the meal and service was excellent. Lets hope the problems mentioned on this topic have now been eradicated and we can all enjoy the wonderful restaurant and hospitality once more.

Offline Elliott

• Elliott Langmead Photography
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2008, 03:58:53 AM »
I recently returned from my first visit to Arillas and during the holiday my girlfriend and I had two meals at Thalassa, both of which were fantastic. In fact the second, was a special occasion as I had asked the staff if it was possible to arrange a table on the beach so I could surprise my girlfriend and propose to her.
I'm happy to say that everything was perfect and everyone at Thalassa made a real effort to make our evening special.
I wouldn't hesitate to go back here many times during future visits to Arillas, and would definitely recommend Thalassa to anyone.

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2008, 08:04:48 AM »
eliott i hope she said yes???
congratulations as i presume she did lol

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2008, 12:26:51 PM »
Elliott , you've got style !!
Hope I don't burn !

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2008, 01:26:00 PM »
Just what I was thinking Sue! I do hope she said yes.....congratulations!
Sandy x

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2008, 01:47:17 PM »
You did it then Elliott!  You old romantic you!   Congratulations!  No doubt it will be a night you wont forget, what a lovely memory!  I know I would have felt a bit silly sitting on the beach eating my meal but secretly inside I would have been thrilled.  What a lovely thing to arrange for something so special.  Well done!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2008, 11:20:47 PM »
er..excuse me BG but I DO seem to remember a certain someone doing a Shirley Valentine-esque pose on the beach last year, complete with table and chairs..l

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2008, 11:23:39 PM »
Well done Elliot, I`m sure got a yeeeeeees. It`s been a dream of mine for ages, to have a sunset dinner on the beach. I bet it was a really great evening for you. Fantastic memories. Best wishes.
Lindypops.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2008, 12:49:01 AM »
Asked Jen earlier - how d'ya fancy Spiros setting us up a table on the beach for our anniversary (Sept 23rd) and the height of romantic, she said  p**s off - I'll be the dinner for the mozzies. Oh well... I tried.

Phil

Offline Melissa_x

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2008, 12:52:38 AM »
Ha Im the same - they'd eat me if they could
Ive got this picture in my head of having dinner on the beach, and the table and chair legs just sinking into the sand and all thats left are two heads and a chicken kebab :D
TOO excited for my long awaited return to Arillas - Sept 2016!! :-D

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2008, 12:58:09 AM »
Congratulations, Elliott, I thought that was a lovely idea!  We're sure she did say YES??

Phil, that made me laugh - I was thinking of suggesting the idea to Colin, but maybe Jen's right after all !!
Lol, lynn x

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2008, 01:05:45 AM »
Oh yeah!  I had forgotton that, but that was Dimitris idea and he went off and got the table and chairs and the wine... I did feel a bit silly but it was great to see it on pic of the day, and it didnt last long!  Bit early in the day for a retsina but we made the best of it! ;-)
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Elliott

• Elliott Langmead Photography
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2008, 05:43:15 PM »
Thanks for all your congrats guys.
I'm happy to tell you all that she did indeed say yes and it was a perfect evening.
I'm also pretty sure that we became a minor tourist attraction for the duration of our meal, with a few people taking pics of us, but then I guess its not something you see every day.
For those of you worried about getting bitten if you did the same thing, then fear not. Neither of us received a single bite that evening. Probably one of the only nights during the holiday that we didn't!
Melissa, I'm happy to report that we didn't sink either. Although that would've been pretty funny!!

Offline graham

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2008, 05:58:57 PM »
Congratulations Elliot, brilliant idea mate! I'm pretty sure the chair would have sunk if I'd done it though, especially if it had been towards the end of the holiday!
A woman has the last word in any argument, anything a man says after that is the start of a new argument!

Offline kriopigi girl

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2008, 07:18:14 PM »

Yes Elliott you did create a bit of a stir. We were one of the "Tourists" to witness that beautiful romantic sight, wish I had taken a photograph now so I could send it to you.
Congratulations. When is the wedding ???

Pauline x

Booking.com