Author Topic: 3rd Holiday in Arillas  (Read 11157 times)

Offline sharonF

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
3rd Holiday in Arillas
« on: June 02, 2008, 03:20:45 PM »
Finally have chance to give a report on holiday in Arillas.

Arrived at Corfu airport at about 9.30pm.  Took a taxi and arrived about 11.00pm at Mathraki Studios.  Akis was there to greet us (he is lovely, definately going on the "totty" list ladies!).  Nipped out to the grill for a quick kebab and mythos, then to bed, in lovely comfy beds, will do a separate report on Mathraki in accommodation reviews.

Little bit cloudy first couple of days, then glorious sunshine all the rest of it.

Very relaxing holiday this time, hired a car for a couple of days. 

On the first morning we walked down to the beach the back way.  Patrick John was that you we passed and said hello to?  This guy was coming the other way and we said hello to each other, it was as I was walking along, I thought, oh flip was that PJ?  He had a white hat with Kos on it.  PJ if it was you, you should wear your speedos to walk about then i would have recognised you!  lol.

To quote Erja, straightaway we had melted into the ryhthm of the village and the people.  The utd v chelsea match was on the wednesday, we were at Vavilas and Billy said dont you want to get back for the football, who cares says I.  Watched the 2nd half back at Mathraki, with greek commentary, so Akis and Nikos were commentating for me! haha.  I hid behind the curtains for the penalties.

Went to Brouklis.  We were sat at our table and two other couples were nearby.  One lady said to the other, "have you seen any forum members"  Dimitris who was also nearby came to me and said, i'm not saying anything, haha.  So I introduced myself and it was Wendy and Stu and Evie and her husband.  We all had a good chat, and Dimtris joined us when he had a breather.  A lovely evening.  Dimitris tried one of Eggys jelly babies, (he eats them in one go!) lol. - tried to tell him they were pickled eggs Negg. 

Met Litsa and Baby Bebis, who are both gorgeous, Bebis has a heart melting smile.

Of course Vavilas, 3 times, were we received such a warm welcome.

Akti hotel pool looks fantastic, they had just about completed the furnishings when we were leaving and they were still working on the hotel marina pool.

Also ate at Mirage, Gratsella, Marina, Horizon and Ammos cafe (have you had the brown baguettes, delicious). 

The food as ever, everywhere was delicious, (Sorry but Gratsella fish not a patch on Vavilas).

Saw Sandy's house, fantastic location, I walked down the slope to the house and the view is just jaw dropping.  The house looks beautiful. 

So am very glad to say Arillas was exactly as we remembered, just what was needed.  Came back refreshed, relaxed and stress free. 

Will be returning in September.  Countdown again!

Sharon xx

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: 3rd Holiday in Arillas
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 03:29:00 PM »
So glad you enjoyed your holiday Sharon.....and that you made it to the house! You obviously survived the climb back up the hill!! Still working on the idea of an outside fridge for passing visitors....lol
Sandy x

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 03:48:02 PM »
Sandy i was nearly on my knees at the top of the hill, lol, the goats were giving me the once over! 

Sharon x

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 03:49:16 PM »
Akis was there to greet us (he is lovely, definately going on the "totty" list ladies!).

Glad to hear you had a brilliant time Sharon and thank you for the report! I am sure that the "totty" list will expand byt the time all the ladies have been to Arillas :D
Life is good ;)

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 03:55:04 PM »
wecome back sharon ,sad to be back ,but happy to look forward to the next time..............yammas

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 04:09:17 PM »
Welcome back Sharon.

Because you hadn't been online,  I thought you had either stayed for another week, or you were still recovering from the  penalty shoot out. Glad you had a fab time and thanks for the report. I am a bit worried though, about all you ladies and your "totty" lists. Did Billy have a crumpet list :-)?

Now we need to see some photos.

Terry

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 04:21:23 PM »
LOL, Terry, there was a Welsh guy, Alan, (Eileen he says he knows you, been going for years), he was shouting out, Which team is Liverpool Sharon, lol, cheeky sod. 

mmm Billy's crumpet list, he didnt let on, will ask him lol.  He loved Irini though from the art shop.  Bought a gorgeous necklace from her,  she is a lovely lady, very bubbly and chatty. 

Erja, Akis is Corfus Colin Farrell.  Delicious and a really good laugh, you must go have a drink there, tell him you want a "shots" night like sharon had. hahaha, about 8 of us including Akis watched the sun come up. 

Terry plenty of photos to come.

Forgot to say in post, first time in 25 years have come back from abroad with no mozzie bites!  not one, plug in and tropical strength wipes did the trick.

Sharon xx

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 07:27:27 PM »
Thanks Sharon. Just loved reading your posts. Sounds exactly like our experiences - where are we supposed to be going now? who cares....... Surpised it worked on the footie for you though!

We both agree that Vavilas serves the best fish. Many times now.... but Graziella do the most fantastic garlic prawns. Well worth a try next time...

At least Jen and me are well past being on anyone's crumpet or totty list - such a responsibilty........ Maybe Terry can come up with a forum interactive one???? (NOOO! I wasn't being serious....)

best wishes
Phil and Jen

Offline judste

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 08:08:01 PM »
Nice report about your holiday Sharon.  We would like to try Vavilas restaurant but we are staying in the next resort along - San Stefanos. Going in a couple of weeks time. Is the restaurant open on a lunchtime as we would have to walk over and have a nice leisurely lunch and stroll back.  Hope to come to Arillas maybe later in the season probably August/September so all the comments about the accommodation and restaurants are appreciated and give you a good insight into the resort.

riggers

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 09:45:42 PM »
Thanks for the Post Sharon. It sounded like you had a really nice time....... :D

May see you in September. :)

riggers............

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 11:08:03 AM »
Great report, Sharon, well done.  I've only been twice but both times I came back intending to do a proper report, and then not found the time!

Certainly agree about Vavillas for the best fish. 
Phil, on your recommendation, we tried the garlic prawns at the Graziella, and loved them, so thanks for that.
lynn x

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 12:04:43 PM »
Welcome back, Sharon, glad you both had a lovely time.
Cheryl O

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 12:36:02 PM »
Welcome home Sharon, Loved the report. Glad you both had a good time. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Lou

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 03:30:52 PM »
Welcome back Sharon glad it all went well good to hear about the mozzies that is one thing that can put a bit of a dampner on your hols x
everything looks better through the eyes of your children

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2008, 03:40:06 PM »
Sounds like you had a fab holiday Sharon, welcome back, not long til youre off again though!!

Booking.com