Author Topic: 3rd Holiday in Arillas  (Read 11173 times)

Offline sharonF

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: 3rd Holiday in Arillas
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 04:20:54 PM »
Thanks All.

Phil!  Thats where the garlic prawns were at.  I thought the recommendation for garlic prawns were in the Marina so had them in there, okay but not great!  I knew somebody had said something about the Grazella and that is why we ate in there.  Right place, wrong food!

Never mind we will try again in September!  haha.

Forgot to say also, Geoffrey with a G was at the Mathraki and he predicted that the match would end with penalties and utd would win.  Nice one Geoff!

Sharon x

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2008, 05:50:52 PM »
Hi Sharon

Glad you had a super time and I could'nt agree more about the fish at Vavilas , look forward to trying some in July and will have to give the garlic prawns a try at the Graziella ( sounds good )

Yammas

Dave n Anne

Offline Wendy n Stu

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2008, 11:47:31 PM »
Hi, we just got back this morning, 6 hour delay at Corfu Airport then delayed at Manchester - baggage handlers!  So, bit tired, moving house Friday so early night tonight.  Just wanted to say it was great to meet you both, we really enjoyed your company and look forward to seeing you again some time.  Speak soon and I will do a report but doubt it will be as good as yours.  Take care.  W & S. xx

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2008, 12:02:54 AM »
Glad you had a good time but good grief, moving house Friday and you have only just got back.  You will need another holiday!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline jean

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2008, 11:41:32 AM »
Pleased to hear you had such a good holiday Sharon, sounds as if you had similar experiences to us, could even have been there the same week- 19-26 May. We had a lovely meal at Vavilas too BUT we had the feeling he might be "trying it on" when it came to the bill! It was far more than it should have been and when my husband queried it he said "oh it is nothing" -was very vague as to why the extra unspecified item was on the bill and deducted it. We over heard another table discussing their bill along the same lines. So out of keeping with anything we've ever experienced in Arillas, bit disappointing really!
Also noticing several people having delays as we did both with the Corfu end and the baggage handlers at Manchester. Wonder if other people were delayed with Monarch too. lets hope this is just  a blip in the system as long delays take some recovering from.
We were also looking at people wondering if they were on the forum! Saw one guy in an Arillas Addicts tee shirt-who was that man? Glad you are safely home and the sun is shining this morning!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2008, 01:59:12 PM »
I think Martin was out there with AA Tee shirt... it could have been him!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2008, 04:28:35 PM »
Hiya Wendy,

Yes it was lovely to meet you two as well.  Think Billy was pleased he had your Stu, they both started groaning when we started yacking about the forum, lol.  You must be shattered with your journey home.  No delays at corfu, but really long wait for the baggage at manchester.  Hope everything goes okay with the move. xx

Jean, please dont let that put you off Vavilas, i'm sure it would have been a genuine mistake.  He does get forgetful, one guy had ordered kalimari and got greek salad!  He had probably put it on by mistake.  We were there 20-27th May so yes probably saw you.

Sharon x

Offline jean

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2008, 10:27:39 PM »
Thanks Sharon, we'll give Vavilas another chance next time we are in Arillas. Sadly that wont be for 12 months!

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2008, 02:00:50 PM »
Have only just caught up with this post.  Have still got 4 pages of posts to catch up on.

Glad you had a great time Sharon.  Thanks for sharing that with us.
Hopefully i will get back to Arillas next year!

Booking.com