Author Topic: Mathraki Studios  (Read 14133 times)

Offline sharonF

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Mathraki Studios
« on: June 02, 2008, 03:45:13 PM »
Just returned last week from these studios.   

They are fantastic.  They are run by a really lovely family, Eileen agree, the eggs are delicious, had them every day for brekkie.

Clean, spacious and comfortable.  Perfect locations 5 mins walk from beach and near to bars and tavernas but out of the main road so its lovely and peaceful.  Pool is clean and clear, plenty of sunbeds and great poolside bar. 

There was fruit growing at the side and I had asked Nikos what they were, no sooner had I asked than i was presented with half a dozen, freshly picked, like little peaches.

Didnt know before we went, Akis is the webcam wizard!  He was a great guy and had a good laugh with him.

Will definately return, next by booking direct with Akis.  Very good value for rooms which includes airport transfers.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re: Mathraki Studios
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 04:06:47 PM »
Hi Sharon,

It's great to have you back...lol..although I'm sure you won't agree and would rather still be in Arillas.

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed the Mathraki.  I know I keep banging on about the place but they are such a lovely family.  It's the little things like your gift of fresh peaches that make a holiday more special.

LOL...so have you checked the flights for your next visit then?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eileenxxx

Offline PaulnMaria

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 08:13:21 PM »
Hi Sharon
Glad to hear you had a great holiday and enjoyed your stay at the Mathraki. Lovely pool for a swim. We've stayed at the Mathraki a couple of times now - on each occasion we booked independently and found the family most welcoming. The pick up from the airport is a bonus as this is included in the accommodation costs. No doubt we'll be staying at the Mathraki again - hopefully in the not too distant future. 

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 01:23:06 PM »
sharon
welcome home ,sounds like you had a great time.........yammas

Offline alyvin

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 12:31:50 PM »
Just returned last week from these studios.   

They are fantastic.  They are run by a really lovely family, Eileen agree, the eggs are delicious, had them every day for brekkie.

I have to agree with all Sharons comments. My only problem is the eggs were so delicious I have actually bought 3 hens in an effort to match the taste! They are due to be delivered on friday and I hold Akis and all at the Mathraki responsible if my garden gets ruined!

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 12:45:54 PM »
....I have actually bought 3 hens in an effort to match the taste! They are due to be delivered on friday and I hold Akis and all at the Mathraki responsible if my garden gets ruined!

OMGD Alvyn...you've got it bad!  Thank goodness it was not the goats cheese you fell for!

I'd love to know how you and the hens fare..please keep a diary.

Eileenx

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 12:59:40 PM »
....or the spit-roasted lamb.....but thinking of it, maybe I should plant a few pine trees in my garden and start collecting the resin.....
Sandy x

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 03:16:37 PM »
Just caught up with this.

Aylvin agree with Eileen, let us know how you get on!

Sandy wonder what you want the resin for, lol, is that what they make the retsina from?

Sharon x

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 03:19:26 PM »
No Sharon....thought I's start making glue to sell along with my lemon marmalade....lol
Sandy x

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 03:23:24 PM »
hahaha Sandy, you know what, I havent had the Retsina yet, is it wine? Is it red or white, give me info, lol. x

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 08:38:19 PM »
Thanks for the report on the Mathraki apartments Sharon as we are staying there in august they sound just perfect not too far from the centre but far enough if you want a bit of peace and quiete 5 mins is a nice walk in to Arillas compared to our 45 mins hike upto the Orchard restaurant we had last year from the Elini aparts on the outskirts of Sidari,mind you it was well worth it the food was excellent i can fair taste the Stamna now washed down with a few ice cold mythos
Anyway its Chicken tikka madrass and shami kebabs and a few carlings for moi tonight will have to save mi sen for some Stamna lol
                                                   Tony:-)

Maggie

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2008, 10:31:12 PM »
Alyvin, Please make sure all the chickens are female! If you end up with a cockerell you will have all your neighbours complaining!

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 10:58:22 PM »
Alyvin, Please make sure all the chickens are female! If you end up with a cockerell you will have all your neighbours complaining!

LOL...Maggie like the ASBO threatened cockerel in Selkirk?  The cockerel was placed on a curfew to prevent his constant crowing disturbing the sleep of the neighbours!  Alvyn you can read how the owner tried to alleviate the problem by providing a new 'des res' for Charlie!   http://www.thesouthernreporter.co.uk/news/Asbo-Charlie-cockahoop-with-new.3703556.jp

I think I heard on the local news this week that the owner was back in court as the problem is still ongoing!

Did the chickens arrive safely Alvyn?

Eileenx

Maggie

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2008, 11:03:55 PM »
Eileen, I know all about that story, Ozzy and Charlie the cockerell live not too far from my Mum! We had bantams for a few years (til Mr. Fox got them). And small as he was, our cockerell could yell!lol.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2008, 11:09:57 PM »
Ozzie and Charlie...you couldn't make this up could you. :-)

Next time you speak to your mum please ask for an update on their latest adventure.

Eileenx

Booking.com