Author Topic: Brouklis addicts beware  (Read 18109 times)

Offline charlietoosey

Brouklis addicts beware
« on: June 04, 2008, 06:46:55 PM »
I have just returned from my first visit to Arrillas and consider I have had a brilliant holiday.
The walks were fantastic. I started a thread some months ago on walking in May and I would like to thank all those who contibuted advice etc, it was truly the best activity hol I've had.
My partner and I eat twice in Brouklis and were disappointed with our meals each time; what a let down after all I've read here. eg the spit roasted lamb was too tough to cut. The boss told us that's the way we cook it! We didn't bother to go back, instead went to Kostas and were very happy. You can't please 'em all eh?

On another point can anyone suggest a way of avoiding the worst excesses of the Corfu airport and still arrive at a reasonable time?

regards  C

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Brouklis addicts beware
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 07:18:24 PM »
Charlie T

You're right in that you can't please 'em all and Kostas equally has it's supporters. We eat, not only, at both but also many others. At Brouklis, I love to munch, not only on the spit lamb but also the chops and they do a very mean steak.

Equally Kostas and all the local Tavernas etc, have their regulars and, for whatever reason, a disappointment  of anyone will bring in, I'm sure, bags of support for someone else's favourite.

But, you enjoyed your holiday and that's the name of the game.
It would be good if maybe you shared your activity Holiday with all as it may give other Forum members ideas of where to explore.
( We live here and are still finding places!)

I'm sure you will get a lot of advice on Corfu Airport. I would suggest that if you are flight only then pre-book the seat or, if with a package deal, get a taxi back, not forgetting to let your Rep know.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Ann K

• Arillas Addict
  • Arillas! Arillas! Arillas!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 07:41:40 PM »
I have to agree with Charlietoosey.  We have been going to Arillas for 11 years and have only eaten at the Brouklis once, on numerous recommedations, but found it very disappointing and have never been back.  However, there are loads of other places which are excellent.  Perhaps we just caught them on a bad night.  Who knows?  Anyway, glad that didn't mar the rest of the Arillas experience for them.

Offline Paul C

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Re: Bruklis addicts beware
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 08:08:11 PM »
Charlie T,Ann K

I suppose that we all have our favourite restaurants, and one bad meal will be enough to put you off. Unlike yourselves we had a terrible meal at Kostas on our first visit and have never been back. We have enjoyed every meal at Brouklis and other restaurants. Really should go back to Kostas and try again, of course if we all liked the same place then the queue would be half way round Arillas. Glad you still had a good time.

Paul

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 09:55:21 PM »
I think there is only one thing worse than having a poor meal in a restaurant, and that is for someone to complain about about a meal, in public, and without having made a complaint to the restaurant manager. How can any business improve if it doesn't have feed back, either good or bad. Food can vary in many ways and no restaurant is ever going to have a 100% success rate.

My mum is a pensioner and she would always complain about the food that Helen and I eat. She likes soggy veg, extra well done meat that is tough, she won't anything "fancy" (as she calls it), and nothing that she has never had before.

Lastly I think the subject of this topic is rather sad, and rather deliberate.

Charlie, are you related to the donut man?

TerryW

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 10:03:26 PM »
Charlie, you say you are into walking, we have a short pier, please take a long straight walk or talk constructively. Mick (an Arillas  lover of 18 years).

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 10:19:35 PM »
Charlie...you could always drive and do the ferry if you don't like the airport.....but I can assure you it is much better than it was a few years ago! All part of the holiday I say.....and all part of what makes Corfu what it is.
Sandy x

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 10:27:17 PM »
I would have to say Charlie, that yes you are more than welcome to your opinions but you are a very brave person to come onto this forum and basically give negative reviews from from the accomm to the restaurants to the airport!! Although you say you enjoyed your holiday it is hard for all us other Arillas lovers to see what you actually enjoyed! Perhaps it would have been a much better option to tell us all why you enjoyed your holiday. I for one, think it is very disrespectful to come on this website and slate the Owner's restaurant.  You have to ask yourself what good these negative comments do.  I think there is something quite endearing about finding a tiny space on the chaotic Corfu airport floor and sighing a wonderful sigh that my two weeks of bliss are about to begin!

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 11:08:59 PM »
Well said, Jo, couldn't have put it better myself.

Charlie, I was very surprised to read that you didn't enjoy your meals at the Brouklis  - I thought that was unheard of!  We have never had a bad meal in Arillas, but even if we had, personally, we would not slate it in public.

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 11:35:29 PM »
It seems the quality of Brouklis` food has been brought into question. Believe it or not, Heather and I have  spent in total seven weeks in Arillas but have yet to eat there. That`s not for any particular reason except to say we found other places  to eat. However, every person we have talked to highly recommends the taverna and we can`t wait to try it out. I have been in the restaurant business myself and know how fickle people can be. Everybody`s entitled to a bad day!!!!
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 11:37:46 PM »
I so agree with Jo and Lynn.

it would have been a much better option to tell us all why you enjoyed your holiday

We have never had a bad meal in Arillas

The point is that hospitality, served genuinely and honestly, tastes better than all the Michelin Star food, the 5 star hotels or the airports money can buy. And it is on offer in bucketloads in Arillas.

Having read this forum, you might have guessed that's what we are all saying. Opinions are valuable and heaven forbid that anyone is stopped from expressing them. But where, when and how you do so is just as important. We want to hear constructive and useful ideas. But so far I haven't read many.

(PS well done Sandy - you managed to produce exactly that, which I haven't. Sorry)

Phil

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 12:20:47 AM »
charlietoosey

I have just caught up with this post and having replied to the post you made Re:- Tria-Adelphia.
Bad smell in Room, Complaints about being asked why you did not eat there.

Now you are complaining about Brooklis & Corfu Airport , You say you had a brilliant holiday
Are you sure about that

I have never had cause to complain on this site; simply because if I do have cause to make remarks to hoteliers or restaurant proprietors, I would do it person and not in Public.

Please be constructive and not destructive

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 10:52:49 AM »
Charlie, you say you are into walking, we have a short pier, please take a long straight walk or talk constructively. Mick (an Arillas  lover of 18 years).

Nice one Mick and well said Jo and Lynn. 

Charlie, i've stayed at Tria and it was perfect from the rooms to the hosts.  Brouklis we eat at regularly and have never had cause to complain, the food is delicious.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2008, 11:06:59 AM »
I must say I enjoy all my food, I did have a meal once in Arillas in a tervena that a special meal had been recommended to me and was very dissapointed so I tried the next holiday and had a different meal and loved it. Go's to show you can't please them all, all the time.  Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline garythebike

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 11:53:02 AM »
Some people spend their lives nursing a half empty glass whilst others drink from a half full one.

Booking.com