Author Topic: Brouklis addicts beware  (Read 18113 times)

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
Re: Brouklis addicts beware
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 11:54:52 AM »
Some people spend their lives nursing a half empty glass whilst others drink from a half full one.

Well said garythebike!

I have never eaten bad food in Arillas and that is all I have to say about that :)
Life is good ;)

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2008, 12:58:37 PM »
In nearly 20 years of visiting Arillas, I can honestly say that I have never had a bad meal.
 There have been occasions ( - very rarely) when the food has been 'average' ( -  I'm not talking about any specific restaurant here), but never has a meal been bad enough to prevent me from going back.
I would rather have an 'average' meal, with excellant service, surroundings, and general ambience, than a good meal, in a 'sterile', pretentious setting where the customers are treated like just another number. For me, it is the whole 'package' that attracts me back.
And , as for staying at the Tria, all I can say is, that if there was a problem that Philip didn't sort out immediately, then it can only have been something that was out of his control.

Offline justlynn

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 01:04:50 PM »
I would rather have an 'average' meal, with excellant service, surroundings, and general ambience, than a good meal, in a 'sterile', pretentious setting where the customers are treated like just another number. For me, it is the whole 'package' that attracts me back.

Well put, Angie, I'm sure that's how lots of us feel.........
lynn x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2008, 01:06:37 PM »
For me, it is the whole 'package' that attracts me back.

Well said Angie. most of us identify with that.
Phil

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas Addict
  • Helios Court Arillas Corfu
    • Luxury Villa in Arillas
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2008, 03:23:58 PM »
I know of several people who have been to the Brouklis very resently and have raved about the service and excellent food espically as one of the people were vegetarian.
I have never had a bad meal and my children olve the food and beleive me they can be hard to please. I only wish i could eat there sooner than October!!!!!!!!!!!!

mandy
Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2008, 03:41:16 PM »
I have to say, that I agree with you Mandy about kids loving the Brouklis. We have a very 'picky' (when it comes to food) 12 year old daughter , but she just loves anything that is put infront of her at the Brouklis, and anywhere else in Arillas for that matter. Last year, she was into fish soup (Graziella), grilled prawns (Marina), sardines/cheese pies/courgette keftedes/all vegetables (Brouklis), tuna salad (Tria) etc,etc - couldn't believe it, can't get her to touch anything like this at home!!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2008, 03:59:20 PM »
We love to see kids enjoying their food and tucking in especially when its something they dont normally eat at home.  The whole experience of holidays is trying out new things and food is top of the list for us.  I think as you can tell from the replies of everyone that the meals in Arillas are something everyone looks forward to every evening and are only too happy to share their experiences.  We would get into the habit of discussing with others where we were going and what we had eaten afterwards...  Not something we would do in the UK really.

Greek food is so healthy too for kids and adults alike and not to be missed.  Brilliant to hear your young ones enjoyed their meals - thats what we like to hear!

Sometimes though I wished I had ordered something else when my meal arrived once, but that was because I didnt know how it was going to be served... I had a freshly  grilled squid once...it was whole and still a bit inky...  I thought it would be sliced... needless to say the cat hiding under the table got most of it!  (I must add that wasnt in the Brouklis though and not in Arillas at all).
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2008, 05:10:58 PM »
I agree Garythebike....
Sandy x

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2008, 05:54:12 PM »
Like pauld , this year will be our 7th visit to Arillas and we have never eaten at the Brouklis but I am sure we will this year especially after the rant by charlie . And as for the Tria Adelphia we have stayed ther 5 times and if we had a problem ( 1 at some point ) Phil and Helen could not do enough to get things sorted and are the perfect hosts , I think Charlie needs a reality check ( sorry was that a moan )

Yammas

Dave

Offline elsmum

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2008, 06:45:21 PM »
I do not post here very often despite being a total addict (2 visits already this year and Christmas!!) but I feel I have to comment on this. We visit Arillas often and always eat at Brouklis, in our opinion it is one of the best restaurants in the world. The food is excellent, the service friendly and relaxed and the people are the best!!
Maybe next year Charlie you should go to Sidari and eat egg & chips and roast beef.In fact you could just stay in the UK.
Please do not use this forum to criticise individuals it is not what it is there for.
Keep up the good work Dimitris - We love it!!!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2008, 06:59:55 PM »
Any of you guys ever see the "Monty Python" sketch about two diners sat in a restaurant?

The male diner asks for another fork as his is dirty. The waiter apologises, and apologises and apologises, and then gets the head waiter who decides to fire all the kitchen staff. After a big apology he then shoots himself whereupon the Chef ( John Cleese) comes out, complete with meat cleaver, and abuses the diners with all manner of things before being dragged off by two men in white coats.
It finishes with the male diner saying: "Good job I didn't ask for a clean spoon as well"

Poor Charlie T ! - I bet he feels like that diner right now being bombarded from all directions! - ( He only said the lamb was tough after all! )
Lets not forget that he did tell the boss about the lamb. But also let's not forget that Dimitris, being Dimitris, I'm sure would have done something about it.
Did he offer to replace the meal? - Did he not charge for the meal? We don't know but if either of these 2 options were offered then, maybe, the responses to Charlie T's posting would have been different. ( Charlie T didn't tell us )
So, we just don't know, do we???

Full credit to Dimitris though for keeping this post open because, as Administrator, he could have deleted the post. But he kept it open for feedback. None of us forget that the Arlllas website is for all of Arillas so although he could have "bent the rules" he respected any feedback given.

Now, maybe, it could be time to knock this post on the head as I'm sure everything to be said has been said.
One mans meat..... and all that.

Stay well and keep happy all
Negg

Offline charlietoosey

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2008, 07:03:38 PM »
I wonder if I have allowed sufficient time to elapse to make a final observation on this thread?
I wonder how many of the intemperate respondents actually read what I said about the food?
When you have a meal that you cannot eat doesn’t it spoil your evening too? The answer from the owner was “That’s the way we cook it here”, which added insult to that injury.
The other meals we had there were simply poor and naturally we felt we should go elsewhere. My reason for mentioning this in this way was simply to do what so many others do here and express an honestly held opinion and to inform those many guests and new members that all is clearly not perfect at that restaurant.
It’s often referred to as enabling a balanced view to be aired.
One of you referred to it as a rant. Someone else felt I should take a long walk from that short pier.
This is by many people’s standards I’m sure, is a sad way to respond.
To Jo who asked what I enjoyed about my holiday let me just say that in my world, no poor food, or smelly room, or chaotic airport could ever spoil my two weeks as there is so much else to enjoy in Arillas at this time of year. Should you not experience such things yourself please let me know and I’ll explain some of them to you.
Let me finish by saying that I confidently expect that when I return to Arillas in the near future my holiday will be even better than this last one, which you may note I described as brilliant.

Happy hols

Charlie

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2008, 07:18:00 PM »
I don't think you realise  Charlie, how much Arillas means to some of us, and I know that I for one, am certainly guilty sometimes of over-reacting when someone levels criticism at it. However, I think you could have chosen your words a little more carefully as regards Dimitris, given that this is HIS website, and HIS forum - not very diplomatic or tactful!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2008, 07:23:53 PM »
Hi Charle T.

Arillas will welcome you back, I'm sure of that, and locals will do their best once again to ensure your stay is good.

But... Hopefully we can all, as I have said, "Knock this post on the head" and look forward to a rosy future and further good holiday breaks.

I ,for one, would love to know about the walks you enjoyed.
( Well . not for me but for Mrs Egg who has a pair of hiking boots rotting away......... )

And............. When you return please feel free to buy me an ouzo. I will still be here.
Best Wishes to you both
Negg

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas Addict
  • Helios Court Arillas Corfu
    • Luxury Villa in Arillas
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2008, 07:44:39 PM »
i dont think that everyone was having a go, just giving their thoughts on the subject, as we all do on other restuarant reviews.

mandy
Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday

Booking.com