Author Topic: Brouklis addicts beware  (Read 18087 times)

Offline Lou

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: Brouklis addicts beware
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2008, 07:56:04 PM »
I agree Mandy what may suit some doesn't always suit others, we all have our tastes and likes/dislikes, this is what makes arillas an ideal place to stay. There is such a choice there that most people if not all will find something to suit. Sorry to hear of your bad times in arillas charlie T but it can only get better when you decide to visit again it's not as if you,ve washed your hands of the place is it? x
everything looks better through the eyes of your children

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2008, 09:31:35 PM »
Now we are intemperate , maybe we should all choose our words a little better eh charlie . And yes Eggy I think this thread should be Knocked on the head .

Yammas

Dave

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2008, 11:55:28 PM »
Hopefully this post will be the last on this topic. However this forum is all about peoples` opinions whether they be positive or negative comments. As was said before it`s about freedom of expression to enable people to learn all they can about our favourite resort. Are we to regulate what is posted here??????
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2008, 10:22:07 PM »
Dear Mr Charlie,
I’m writing this post to tell you that I have the opinion that you did the right think to post your view in our forum there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
A complain is always good as it can be used for the good and betterment of the actual problem. In fact I have been self educated in order to run our business, the website, languages etc. my biggest source of knowledge has been through the feedback of our customers, which can be a compliment or complain.   
I’ was very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your meals in our taverna. 
In the 35 years of its existence you are not the first and definitely not the last customer with a complain.
Having been a tourist several times my self, I know how awful and disappointing it can be to have your evening spoiled by a highly recommended establishment.
I remember you quite well (as I always do in such cases) I also recall the conversation we had about the lamb. I probably did not use the right word to apologize by just saying “this how we make it here” it just came out of my voice as we had already served a dozen of portions of the lamb and everyone else I asked (like I did with you) said it was delicious. So I presumed that you have had an unlucky portion (and your wife said that she cooks lamb some times with the same result)  so at this point I did ask you about offering you something else and as you did not accept it I understood how offended you were and decided not to charge you for that portion in the end.
What makes me feel very worry is that you are not referring about the above, as it was, but you have just edited it and kept the worse part of our conversation?
I suppose you did this because the second visit in our Taverna a couple of days later was either not good enough and that has made you very upset. I must say I feel very bad that it did not come in to my attention. If it would, then I would have not accepted that you pay at all, as this is my policy.  I would really appreciate if you could remind me what exactly you had and what was wrong with it. This is for me very important in order to improve our service and quality or even the way of communicating with our customers.

As a website administrator I feel very bad that all these has happened as the “brouklis Addicts” have all tried to support the Taverna by insulting you in a very unfair way with some of their posts,  this shouldn’t be happening but it is my fault that I allowed it to continue.
What also worries me is that when people do reviews about other tavernas where their owners have no access or knowledge of the internet which can bring my self in to a difficult position as a web administrator AND taverna owner. This the only reason why I do not officialy have “food reviews” in our website in order to avoid this kind of "forum wars".
Never the less, the most important thing is that you have had a nice holiday and hopefully you have the wish to come back in Arillas .
This is the reason why I have created the website and forum of Arillas, and this is the reason why I always say to our customers “ if you like something about Arillas, You can tell anyone else. If there is something you don’t like please be welcome to tell US"

Yours sincerely

Dimitris
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline Eleni

• Irenes Villas
  • Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • Irenes Villas
    • Irenes Villas
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2008, 10:56:01 PM »
I m so proud of you Dimitri  ,having " free space" for a negative opinion concerning your restaurant in  a site that
you  created yourself!!!

Your  principals and ethos wouldn t ever allow you to permit somebody s point of view ,as it would kill the sense
of freedom of expression and objectivity of the specific site.

On the other hand i wouldn t ever have exposed somebody in public in such a way,no matter how disapointed i would feel about him, without
giving a second,or even a third chance!

I always believed that "client is always right" ...
Now i realise that there are people as clients who for some reason like to accuse the others for nothing  giving this way a  meaning to
a "brilliant holiday!!!"

The hall matter made me really smile!!!

Yours

eleni 

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2008, 01:30:47 AM »
Dimitris thank you for filling in the holes in the conversation . Explains a lot to us all . Need we say more .

Yammas

Dave n Anne

riggers

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2008, 01:42:06 AM »
Yes thankyou Dimitris.   And Eleni.

Many holes filled in.

See you soon, hopefullly.

yammas.

riggers.......................

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2008, 08:06:59 AM »
Dear Dimitris,
As Eleni said we are so proud of you, you are such a fair person and always willing to listen to any side of a story as long as everybody involed knows the whole of what is being said.
Im not quite sure if I would have deleted the complant from the forum if it was me
I like to believe like you I would have shown the strength of character and honestey that  we know you have.
Love Viv& Pete

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2008, 10:47:25 AM »
Well said Viv.
Sandy x

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2008, 12:31:36 PM »
Whole heartedly agree, Viv
Love Lynn & Colin

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2008, 02:22:15 PM »
I am sure we all agree.

The world would be a much poorer place if we didn't have people with as much humanity and integrity as our Dimitris and Eleni.

phil

Offline jean

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2008, 02:46:10 PM »
Well done Dimitris! I agree with these last few comments, Arillas is a better for place for having you in it Dimiitris.

Offline charlietoosey

« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2008, 03:45:20 PM »
I really hope this will be my final word on this subject.

Well done Dimitris from me too.

What a contrast with your attitude and that of some of the others who have made a “contribution”. I won’t refer to the detail of their posts and hope that the damage they may have done to the accepted concept of freedom to express honestly held views has been repaired by your intelligent, cogent and measured response.

Guests who have been looking on and new members who might have become intimidated by the responses of a minority of people will hopefully now feel more confident of a fairer hearing thanks to you.

When I next return to Arillas I look forward to meeting you again and shaking your hand.

Good luck

Charlie

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2008, 04:06:59 PM »
Thank you Mr Charlie,

I think I can now lock this thread if you don't mind.

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Booking.com