Author Topic: Portofino  (Read 12094 times)

Offline Lyndsaym

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Portofino
« on: December 14, 2004, 04:20:58 PM »
Hi Could anyone tell me what these appartments are like and any contact details, as i'm planning a surprise visit for my mother and father.  Any help would be greatful.

Thanks

Lyndsay
Can't wait til next year!!!

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Portofino
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 04:49:50 PM »
portfino@otenet.gr.

Offline Lyndsaym

Portofino
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 04:59:45 PM »
Thanks Lisa for your quick reply.

Lyndsay

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Portofino
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 08:00:12 PM »
Hi Lyndsay,

Hopefully Mick and Jill will see your request they should be able to tell you everything you need to know as they are regular visitors and good friends with the owners.  You could try sending them a pm.

We have eaten quite a few times in the Portofino and the meals were lovely.

Eileenx

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
Portofino
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 08:27:41 PM »
The meals there are great.Good value and good food.The family are really nice and speak very good english.Never seen the rooms but would think they are of the same standard.The father is spiros and his daughter vicky and her husband yannis help serve.Hope you have a great time.Would love to be going with you.

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
Portofino
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2004, 10:34:42 PM »
Hi Lyndsay.  The apartments are basic but very clean.  There are 2 single beds in each room, a fridge and a shower room.  Spiro has 1 room which can accomodate another single bed.  there is nothing better than sitting ont he veranda with a glass of Baileys watching the sunset.  I wouldn't advise emailing as the only one there at present is Spiro and I don't think he knows how to switch the computer on never mind read e mails  :lol:  

You could try phoning 00302663051834, best to try about 7pm our time, don't give up if there isn't an answer it normally takes me a few attempts before they pick up.

Jill  :D
Jill XXX

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
Portofino
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2004, 11:12:35 PM »
You seem to know spiro well.Is he keeping ok?As he wasnt too good last time we saw him. Also I believe his wife has been ill.They are a lovely family,the first olace we go to when we arrive.

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
Portofino
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2004, 11:13:20 PM »
Sorry should be place.By this time of night i am too tired to type well.

Offline Lyndsaym

Portofino
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2004, 11:06:37 AM »
Thanks guys for your help, just a matter of checking flights, money, their holiday's etc.  Thanks again

Lyndsay

Offline Marie

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Portofino
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2004, 01:29:02 PM »
8) Hiya Lyndsay, i was just wonderin if u and your mates know when your going back in the summer.?? it would be great to see u again now i know who u r  :lol:
love marie xx

Offline Lyndsaym

Portofino
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2004, 01:36:27 PM »
Hi Marie,

Were not sure yet when we are going back.  We are just waitin to get xmas over and a couple of them are talking about going to new york to see our other friend.  But i was on the internet yesterday looking at prices etc, thinking about going in July hopefully the 8th or 15th maybe, just a matter of waiting to find out minor details.

Lyndsay

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
Portofino
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2004, 09:29:39 PM »
Hi Lisa

Spiro, Helen and the kids are like family to us and we keep in regular contact.  Spiro isn't the party animal he used to be but he still manages to give us a run for our money when we are over there.  His wife Helen is still in America receiving treatment but she is responding to the therapy and hopefully will be back in Arillas for next season.  I spoke to Spiro and Vicky last week and everyone was fine.  Hopefully one of our daughters will be staying with Vicky once the season starts - peace and quite from May to October, can't wait.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
Portofino
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2004, 10:14:43 PM »
Good to hear that they are well.They are such a lovely family.Little George we didn't see this summer but he must be getting a big boy now.Will see for ourselves in june.

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
Portofino
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2004, 02:45:58 PM »
Hi Lisa

Little George was 2 on the 7th December.  Vicky and Yannis slept at his mums house during the season and with being short staffed in the restaurant George stayed there most of the time with his gran.  We only seen him a couple of times ourselves when we were over in September when we took him into Corfu Town and when he came to play football at Portofino.
Jill XXX

Booking.com