Author Topic: airmalta?  (Read 12597 times)

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
airmalta?
« on: June 14, 2008, 12:50:45 PM »
we are flying with airmalta in 7 weeks. just wondered if they are ok to fly with and not sure wether to prebook seats.
also do we take our own food on the plane as it dosent have meals included or can you buy them on the plane
sorry for all the questions
thanks sue

Offline kes

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
Re: airmalta?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 01:04:55 PM »
Hi Sue,
we booked with xl on May this year but the plane was Air Malta Charter...
Flight was fine apart from usual 2hr delay coming home...also there were no` in flight `meals served and only came round once with drinks....also no sound from any headphone socketts on the plane.don`t bother booking seats..just get there 3hrs before as indicated on ticketts..we have never pre booked seats and always get window seat and sit together...
Kes

Offline wayne

• arillas trip 6
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 01:18:00 PM »
terrible company delays both times i have flown with them no food unless you buy a sandwich for £3 each could be more this year.it cost me &12 for two sarnies and 2 small beers last year.i will never fly with them again.

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 01:25:16 PM »
thanks for your replies
carnt be as bad as 15 hours delay with thomas cook 2 weeks ago.
it is booked through excel

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 02:55:05 PM »
have flown to Corfu many times and have always had delays going & coming ,no matter who we have flown with....Xl have been as good as any other airline...but now it seems that Air Malta Charter is the carrier for surplus passengers from all the tour operators....but yes !!! the AirMalta charter was basic to say the least...

Maggie

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 05:32:15 PM »
We have used xl for the last 3 years with no problems. Last year the plane was airmalta, and again, no probs. We have never paid for meals when booking, but have had meals on all the flights. We haven't been delayed and we fly to and from Newcastle.

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 06:40:51 PM »
thanks everyone i appreciate your replies

Offline raff

• www.ukfitshape.com
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 11:58:56 AM »
We will be flying with Air Malta again this year.  we booked our flights with XL.  We have never paid for food and always had a meal included. Always been good from us from Birmingham.  Long may it continue

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 12:31:44 PM »
We flew with Air Malta from Birmingham, last year, and had no complaints at all. Flights were on time, food was good, and the staff very friendly.

Offline pg32

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 12:48:26 PM »
So are there meals or not on Air Malta!!? Some are saying yes some are saying no!! We are flying with them on the 1st September.

Paul

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 12:53:21 PM »
we are flying with them in July so I will let you know.  Will be gutted if not! Think we will have some tea just incase then gorge ourselves (well, myself) again if we get some:-)

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 01:05:24 PM »
We flew Air Malta charter..From Manchester in May this year.Booked with XL who along with other carriers seem to be using this charter flight...the flight is not the regular Air malta Fleet...they are chartered by Air malta.....(a white plane with blue writing on)  we have always had a meal with XL even though we have never booked a meal!!  With Air Malta charter in May no one on the flight had a meal...there were none available...and as my previouse post on this subject..  we were only served once with drinks or sandwiches... not that it bothered us the flight itself was ok...

Offline iluvsangeorge

• About Agios Georgios
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2008, 02:31:14 PM »
I am also confused by some of the replies and things must have changed.

We have flown on Air Malta chartered flights to Corfu several times in recent years (booked through XL or Airflights), up until last year, and ALWAYS had a meal included in the flight price.

Maybe it is sign of the times and the state the charter industry if they are cutting back, or more likely the travel company who chartered them are cutting back. If I remember correctly if the flight number had a letter M at the end then a meal was included. Our flight departures  were always on time and the flights including cabin staff, seats, legroom etc were good. The cooked meals were a bit basic but OK.

In fact the 2 last times we particularly chose flights which used Air Malta as we found them fine and better than some others we have been on.

On each occasion I rang the airline's Customer Services to pre-book seats, which was quite cheap, and to confirm that meals were included. If you do this make sure you indicate the flight is a Charter and the company you booked through.

Dennis

Offline alyvin

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 04:59:50 PM »
We flew with Excel to Corfu in May 08 and they are not providing meals on flights this year.

Offline Peckedhen

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2008, 09:10:33 PM »
We flew out at the end of May with Air Malta, booked through XL. The flight was delayed three hours and there was no food provided. Leg room was also tight compared to our return flight with Olympic Airlines.

Booking.com