Author Topic: Back from Arillas  (Read 19984 times)

Offline MarknJade

Back from Arillas
« on: June 17, 2008, 10:58:15 AM »
Hi everyone,

Weve just got back yesterday from an excellent 2 weeks in Arillas.
It was our first time there and lived up to our expectatations !!!
The only disapointment was the Airport.... WHAT A NIGHTMARE !!!!!

Many thanks to Nikos and Angela at the Mirage for making our stay so brilliant and providing the Mythos !, and to George at the Malibu for all the fuss he made of our daughter.

Thanks to Dee for giving me the Magic potion for my 'mossie bites' !!
Good luck to you and Mark with your business's out there .

Brilliant time and hope to be back soon.

Sorry Eggy, didnt get to meet you. Maybe next time ??   

Yamas

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
Back from Arillas
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 11:16:29 AM »

Hi Mark & Jade,

Really pleased to hear about your great holiday - two weeks eh? You lucky things!
Do tell us though? What happened at the Airport?
Why was it such a nightmare?

Offline justjen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Back from Arillas
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 11:41:23 AM »
Hi Mark & Jade,

I second what Becky says and what is Dee's magic potion? We need to know.

Cheers, Jen.

Offline MarknJade

Back from Arillas
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 12:51:20 PM »
Hi BeckyB & Jen,

We met Mark and Dee by chance in the Mirage bar and just happened to say how the the mossies had had a field day on my legs and that the itching was keeping me awake all night ! Dee said that she would bring a potion to rub on them the next day, which she duly did, I dont know what was in it but it worked, the itching and swelling disappeared !!

When we landed we had to wait for a bus to take us 50 yards to the terminal, waited a good 45 mins for our luggage, then got told the wrong bus number for the transfer but we found the right one in the end and it set off !!  Only for the driver to get a call to return to the airport. On returning back the rep did a head count and we waited another 20 mins, then we left with the same people on board and no rep!

We eventually landed at our destination after the coach driver had to stop 5 times to ask for directions and 2 and half hours later !!!

Coming back with the same driver, we went 3 times around Sidari, queued up for an hour outside while the reps let 10 people in at a time and the info board didnt bare any resemblance to what the announcer was saying !!!

My advice to anyone is get a taxi !!!!

We arent bothered though, it really was a fantastic holiday.         

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
Back from Arillas
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 01:04:32 PM »

Hi Mark n Jade,

Phew! I can see why you found the whole Airport experience a tad frustrating - it requires a lot of self restraint to keep your temper in check when you've got things like that happening doesn't it?

We were over in Arillas in May & booked independently this time - so we booked a taxi to pick us up & return us to the Airport.
Gotta say, money WELL spent!!
After queueing & hanging about for coaches & waiting for other passengers, it can all get a little tiring & even if we went down the package route again, I think we would always book a taxi as it instantly removes the stresses & the strains!

Main thing is that you both had a fantastic holiday & that's what it's all about isn't it?

Very intrigued to hear what was in the Mozzie lotion that you were given? My boyfriend usually gets bitten within an inch of his life so anything that might prevent that is always useful to hear about!

Thanks for sharing what happened at the Airport with everyone though!

BeckyB :-)

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
Back from Arillas
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 01:51:38 PM »
Hi Mark n Jade,

Really pleased you had a brilliant holiday.  Give us more details!  Where did you stay? eat, drink, what did you do!  Come on we're a nosy crowd in here, lol. xx

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Back from Arillas
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 03:34:18 PM »
Only had to wait 45 minutes for your luggage? That's good.....I can remember a time in August years ago when we had to wait 3 hours for luggage....with no air conditioning!!!

Sandy x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Back from Arillas
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 06:59:27 PM »
Mark n Jade

Sorry I missed you & never got a chance to say hello but glad you all had a good time.

I took the liberty of giving George, at the Malibu, a copy of your post as he doesn't get much time, in the summer, to view the Forum.

He says he remembers you and will pass on your thanks to all at the Mirage.

Cheers
Neill

Offline MarknJade

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 09:21:10 PM »
Neil,
Many thanks for that, he wont remember me as Mark... They called me Mr Mythos !!

I really dont know why !!!!!!

Must remember to send Nikos's boys Spiro and Vasilias ( I think thats how you spell them ) some football gear .. All Liverpool of course !!!! Panathiaikos I understand, but Chelsea and Arsenal !!!! ( OOps ! )

Yamas 

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 09:36:14 PM »
Great news Mark n Jade (or is it Mr and Mrs Mythos lol...)

Sometimes worry that the forum and Arillas Addicts will create such high expectations
then lead to a dsastrous time. But it so rarely happens. We can't all be wrong can we?
I think you agree with us that it is a very special place quite unlike any other.

Agree totally about the airport but Sandy is right - 45 mins is a fairly good result! As for transfer we always get a taxi as we get to the front of the airport. Some of those coach transfers border on war crimes.

Phil

Offline Adam

• Myspace
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 05:40:40 PM »
Weve just got back yesterday from an excellent 2 weeks in Arillas.
Many thanks to Nikos and Angela at the Mirage for making our stay so brilliant and providing the Mythos

Hi, I have also just got back on the very early morning of the 18th!!  Spent a week in arillas, mostly at the Mirage during the day so no doubt bumped into you at some point.  I was there with 2 other lads.

We also had a nightmare at the airport but mainly thanks to how useless Easyjet are at getting anywhere on time!!!  And as for blaming it on the french, how come the french didnt seem to cause any trouble for those flying with Thomson??????

This year we rented a car for the duration of the holiday, it was 60e more than a taxi but collected it from and left it at the airport and got us to arillas in about 45mins to an hour!!  So quick and easy!!

Hope you enjoyed your hols as much as we did.  I shall be back there in august for two weeks so the countdown has begun yet again!!  This time staying in San Stafano.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 06:01:37 PM »
Glad you had a good time Adam

I am a bit worried about your Easyjet encounter (we fly with them in September!)  Was the problem leaving Gatwick or Corfu?
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 10:03:39 PM »
I'm going with Easyjet on Tuesday Blondegirl and will give you a report on my return. I have to say they were late when I went with them to Athens in April....
Sandy x

Offline JohnJ

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2008, 03:46:16 PM »
I have to say that we flew with Easyjet from Gatwick to Corfu on 12/05/08 and back again on 26/05/08 and both flights were a pleasure.  In fact when we got to Gatwick there was no queue what so ever and we must have gone through baggage check in and security through to the departure loung in 5 minutes at the most.  The most amazing thing was the return check in.  Corfu airport almost deserted, again checked in within 5 minutes and both flights took off exactly on time and actually landed a few minutes early.  I do hope this post will not end our lucky run as we return on 29/09/08 for 17 days and hope to have the same experience!!!.  Hope to see many of you then
John
JOHN JOHNSON

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2008, 03:54:02 PM »
I hope to be over at the beginning of October John so look forwad to seeing you and Ann then. Will you be doing some walking?
Sandy x

Booking.com