Author Topic: Back from Arillas  (Read 19985 times)

Offline JohnJ

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Back from Arillas
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 04:02:37 PM »
Hi Sandy,
            forgot to mention that we also did the climb up to your new house. Fantastic and we hope you are really enjoying it.  As for walking , probably only from bar to bar and also San Stefanos and Affionas, unless you know some walks we haven't found in the previous 15 years!!   Looking forward to seeing you in Sept/October.
John & Ann
JOHN JOHNSON

Offline mikeclaire

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 11:18:47 PM »
hi mark just got back ourselves fly all that way and meet someone from prenton shame you where a red!!! glad you had a good time though!!
see you round or in arillas next year!
mike,claire,katie and charlie.

Offline MarknJade

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2008, 01:56:18 PM »
Hi Mike,

good to meet you out there in arillas, hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay.

probably see you around town or in the Swan before next year !!!

This Fosters aint as good as the Mythos though ... Even if you wouldn't wanna warm beer !!!!

Cheers ( sorry .. yammas ! )

Mark

Offline Marion

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2008, 08:54:17 PM »
We also arrived back on the 24/6 from a wonderful 13 nights at Arillas.  We normally fly from EMA but used Easyjet for the first time and cannot fault them at all. On the mozzie issue, I was told to take vitemin B1 tablets a couple of weeks prior to hols and guess what - no bites!!! Anyway, still the same lovely Arillas hols, we will be back in September !!!

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2008, 08:57:24 PM »
Glad you enjoyed Marion and I am convinced those vit b tablets work as I used to get ravaged before I took them.  My only complaint though is that you havent given us a more detailed holiday report!! Us Arillas addicts love these!

Offline Steve & Lou

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2008, 09:52:46 PM »
hi marknjade

Propped up the bar at the mirage when you left!! Don't forget the BBQ 19th July!!

Offline Steve & Lou

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2008, 09:54:19 PM »
hi marknjade

Propped up the bar at the mirage when you left!! Don't forget the BBQ 19th July!!
Steve,Sam & K yammath

Offline MarknJade

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2008, 11:00:05 PM »
Hiya Steve ...... Sorry FIREBLADE !!! Relive your youth why dont you !!!!

Glad you kept my speck at the bar warm !!

Hope you had a really good time, BBQ in our diary. Just got a find a baby sitter, dont fancy doin a 400 mile round trip with Tash!!!

Hope you are all well.

Take care

Mark and Jade

Offline markanddee

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • thats us !!
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2008, 03:03:12 PM »
Hi Mark and Jade
Was good to meet you, Dee is really pleased that the 'magic potion' worked !!! It was very much a chance meeting, but then again it was at the bar so maybe not so much !!!!!

Mark and Dee
M+D

Offline mikeclaire

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2008, 09:23:03 PM »
Hi Mike,

good to meet you out there in arillas, hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay.

probably see you around town or in the Swan before next year !!!

This Fosters aint as good as the Mythos though ... Even if you wouldn't wanna warm beer !!!!

Cheers ( sorry .. yammas ! )

Mark
what drink in a red pub like the swan!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline nicky

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2008, 07:18:15 PM »
Got back from our first visit to Arillas a week ago,( already feels more like 6 weeks ago!)and we absolutley LOVED it!!Actually I've been looking at prices and availability to see if I can go back next month,even if just for a week!
Our coach trip from airport to apartment was awful but seems to be quite common.The bus driver didn't know where he was going and nor did the rep so after 3 hours of turning round and backtracking we finally arrived at Makris at 5am!
The beach is beautiful and never seemed too busy.The sea got warmer by the day and on our last day (typical!) the waves were fab and great fun.Went to Brouklis 3 times,Dimitris really is a hunny and the food is quality and actually a bit cheaper than other places.I met some Forum peeps,namely Terry & Helen,Mark & Dee,Annette and,lucky for me,the elusive Eggy and his lovely wife.All were lovely people who I could have chatted away to all night!We ate at the Marina both Saturdays for their Greek dancing night,they really are the best I've seen and I've seen a few,especially Talis.My 15 year old daughter and I were particularly happy with the view at Marina,for view read "gorgeous Greek men"!!Every single one of them was GORGEOUS!Hubby a little put out I noticed though!
The only little disappointment with our holiday was not Arillas at all but the silly trips we booked with Thomas Cook.Here are my tips if you are going with them and considering any:
1. Avoid shopping in Corfu town unless you enjoy sitting on a coach (air conditioning the blower above you)in the mid afternoon sun, shopping in a crowded place in stifling heat,and paying more for not as nice food with awful service.
2. Avoid the "relaxing kayiki boat cruise" unless your idea of relaxing is being crammed on a boat with over 100 people!Also,until we'd got our tickets after paying we didn't know the coach picks you up at 7.10am!!It cost us well over 100 euros for the 4 of us yet we had to pay for "breakfast",tea,coffe,crisps or a huge doughnut.After paying 8 euros for 2 coffees and 2 doughnuts we left the boat and got a cab back to Arillas.The part refund the rep mentioned was never mentioned again.
3. Avoid the Cabaret night.A 20 minute trip to Sidari took nearly an hour.Again the cost for the 4 of us was over 100 euros.Food and drink was provided,but here's the catch.The drinks start flowing with the food and stop when the food does.Well,you've never seen food get served so quickly!And it really wasn't very good,a measly greek salad between 4,pizza (very Greek) for the kids and a piece of chicken with a couple potatoes for adults,followed swiftly by a few chunks of melon for dessert.God help you if you put your drink down,the reps soon swiped it!
Obviously I am putting my letter of complaint to Thomas Cook together this week!
Apart from those minor points I can find no fault with Arillas,I LOVELOVE LOVED it!
I absolutely cannot wait to go back,beautiful place,lovely people,great atmosphere,fabulous weather and gorgeous sunsets.
I am supremely jealous of anyone in the forum who is due to go......any room in a suitcase for a smallish person??!!

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2008, 07:45:24 PM »
Nicki, so pleased you loved it.  It is very special isnt it. 

Sharon x

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2008, 01:07:10 PM »
Glad you had a good time Nicky - Arillas is a lovely place.

I think everyone learns not to go on those trips... once bitten twice shy as they say!

We have also wasted good holiday money on organised trips, we leave Arillas for an hour and wish we were back there on the beach.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Deb

Re: Cost of Taxi from Airport?
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2008, 01:34:56 PM »
Hi

Just reading the thread about the horrendous transfer(s) that some of you have had from airport to resort and back.

I'm going back in September (2nd time) and staying at Tria Adelphia.  How much would a taxi cost from the airport to the resort?

Really looking forward to it.  So glad to read that the Thalassa is back open.

Debs

Offline nicky

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2008, 03:31:08 PM »
Hi Deb,
The cost of a taxi is only 50 euros so well worth it!The only reason we didn't skip the coach on the way back is because there were 4 of us and 3 suitcases so we wouldn't have fit!
Have a great time,I'm sooooooooooooooo jealous!!

Booking.com