Author Topic: Back from Arillas  (Read 19980 times)

Offline Deb

Re: Back from Arillas
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2008, 10:23:55 PM »
Thanks Jen

Looks like it's a taxi then

I'll let you know how the week went

Debs

Offline Deb

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2008, 10:38:09 PM »
SORRY

I meant to put Nicky, not Jen!!!

Debs

Offline PPMMAN

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2008, 01:41:19 PM »
WHO will be staying at Irenes first week in sept ??

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2008, 09:33:59 AM »
Well folks thats it for another 50 weeks lol Arillas was brilliant The Mathraki apartments were spot on with an excellent view from the balcony looking over Arillas on out over the sea to Gravia,once i get my pics sorted a full report is to come
We took a video on the scooter from San Stef pizza place riding to the Mathraki apartments its 333mb and i,m having probs trying to upload it onto youtube,any ideas anyone,im not sure if its just too larger file so might have to reduce the size of it which means i will lose some of the quality
                                                       Tony

Offline Paul C

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2008, 11:10:45 AM »
PPMMAN
We arrive there on Monday 8th, will you still be there ?
Paul

Offline wayne

• arillas trip 6
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2008, 02:43:10 PM »
stayed at the marvel for 2 weeks got back to uk on 25th august.spiros costas and family were great although the hotel is getting a bit run down now i would go again just needs a bit of maintaining here and there.didnt do too much really went to the beach or pool most days till about 14.00 then lunch in thalassa where another spiros is doing a great job as host.then it was siesta between6-8pm and then dinner.ate at brouklis 3 times no probs great food as ever ,had a few chats with demitris.porto fino twice,not to impressed with the food here,but it was ok for the sunsets.costas on the beach 4 times great food and a charming host recommend the sofrito it just melts in the mouth.and thalassa ate here 5 times and the best food of all recommend any of their meals all were fantastic.the service was great for me i had no complaints although at busy periods it seemed too fall flat on its face some people waiting an eternity for meals and or getting the wrong orders.as for litsa and yiannis coming back or not is a big dont know spiros says he will be there again next year.
walked up to afionas one day must have been crazy asit was 38 degrees but the view from porto timoni made it all worth while.
went to corfu town on another hot and busy day but wont go again.
went to paxos and parga by boat paxos i think has now been spoilt by tourism i prefered it 20 years ago when i first came to corfu too many shops and tourists now in the daytime.parga was beautiful and is now on my list of holiday destinations.payed 7 euro for a pint of guinness but boy was it worth it.
had the pleasure of meeting malcolm an elderly man in his sixties,from chesterfield who has been coming to arillas for 23 years.he sits in marvel all day and night apart from the odd trip to porto fino.and boy can he drink 15 bottles of royal ionian every day.didnt do coconut or malibu as i find it to loud and noisy and think their music is about 30 yrs out of date.and why sit there when you can sit beachside and take in the views.as i said didnt do much came for relaxation and got it.will i be back for a 3rd time you bet.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2008, 10:05:58 PM »
Thanks for the great report Wino.  Felt like we were there with you!

Offline wayne

• arillas trip 6
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2008, 04:32:24 AM »
ignore the above post the code went a bit silly

try again

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k131/wino1605/?action=view&current=9fee4be3.pbw

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2008, 12:35:40 PM »
Love the photos... I like the way Photobucket displays them.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2008, 06:44:22 PM »
i carnt veiw them :(

Offline Peckedhen

« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2008, 08:50:01 PM »
Great, Thank you for sharing.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2008, 05:23:02 PM »
I can't either Sue, don't know why? Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline dorothy

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2008, 10:24:40 PM »
Just back from 3 wonderful weeks in Arillas.  We went independently this year and thanks to all the forum members for their help - recommendations for the Marina hotel,and thanks to Eileen for the phone number for Porto fino.  We loved both places. Portofino has mosquito screens and we could sleep with the balcony doors open, drifting off to sleep and awakening to the sound of the sea was superb.  The Marina has been refurbished to a very high standard, with TV, telephone, mini-fridge and tea and coffee making facilities. Probably worked out cheaper than a package deal.  An absolutely fantastic holiday - my son wife and children went for the first time this year and are now also hooked!!

Dorothy
Dorothy

Offline wayne

• arillas trip 6
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2008, 07:12:53 AM »
i carnt veiw them :(

have you got flash player installed i think you need it to view the images.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2008, 04:02:52 PM »
Yep, I can get your albums and so forth but for some reason not the Arillas one. wierd. Have to get Pete to have a look at weekend. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Booking.com