Author Topic: Most drunk night in arillas  (Read 29574 times)

Offline MammaKidd

Most drunk night in arillas
« on: June 20, 2008, 09:19:38 PM »
Everyone has been posting what a lovely time they have been having in the best resort ever however most of the time during your stay this would involve drinking !! so come on what has been your best night ever and why ??

I do remember ours at the rainbow we went for a quick one at the bar before going out for dinner (like you do).. we had another and another.. then we thought "may as well eat here as well"..what a night ended up going back to our room as people were going to the beach the next day ! wow ! but hey we are in arillas

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
Re: Most drunk night in arillas
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 09:24:53 PM »
Hello MammaKidd,

Indeed there have been few rowdy alcohol fuelled nights and quiet next days spent in Arillas. One of them being just the beginning of the this week :D

Alas, nothing that I can put in print ;)
Life is good ;)

Offline MandyME

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 09:28:50 PM »
Can we call this thread most drunk 'day' I remember, sorry I have been told' about a day when we arrived in Arillas about lunch time and went on the Mythos, followed by Ouzo at the Rainbow whilst we were waiting friends arriving on a later flight/coach, by the time they arrived I was a little, sorry lot worst for drink, several people had to help me back to the Mathraki, and it was only about 6pm!!!!!!

Mandy

Offline kevin.g

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 09:32:31 PM »
cant remember a thing...lol...........yammas

Offline MammaKidd

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 09:38:35 PM »
EEG - we have been reading your posts throughout the last couple weeks .. what a time you have had !!

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 11:23:41 PM »
My memorable night has possibly yet to come.
It may well involve watching all you lovely people falling over drunk, that would be funny
I'll have another Diet Coke Please

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 12:29:37 AM »
Hi, everyone. One of the best nights that Heather and I had was back in 2004 when we went to the reps night. It was a bit of a laugh with one rather large rep doing a drag act He was hilarious. Can`t remember his name tho. Needless to say the drink was flowing and I ended up spending the next day in bed-much to my wife`s annoyance. I also smashed my shin that night but didn`t notice. Good times!!!!
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 01:53:35 AM »
My most drunken night was my 50th birthday....also at the Rainbow. Maybe Jimmy and Spiros are to blame??? I was doing fine with the retsina....until the shots came out.....Spiros had to practically carry me home in the early hours....I was so drunk still the next day that I fell asleep in the pool....not bad for October....lol
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008, 02:00:12 AM »
I guess ours was when we spent our last evening in San Stef in 2002 in a party of 7 - 3 older couples and a relatively young chap.

We went to a taverna where they employed a beautiful east european blonde girl called Natasha, and we arranged a mock wedding to our young friend (the one who lost then found his bagful of cigarettes - another post.) We had the mock wedding ceremony with plastic rings etc and the "bride" was given away by the owner of the taverna. Lovely old boy. And then the reception - a real feast. Jen and I had boiled prawns - should have had one between us because there were just so many gigantic prawns you would not believe. We ate it all though. Litres and litres of red wine, cocktails, black Russians, you name it. Speeches then dancing and merriment followed for a long while. But quite unknown to us, traditional Greek dancers appeared and performed. It was perfect. the taverna was busy and very amused at the whole spectacle.

We were leaving to fly home that night at 2am so we had to leave the taverna at about midnight. The owner had arranged us a taxi up the hill, but one of our party had told him we would walk. Jen was not amused. She doesn't walk well at the best of times. We stopped at Christos apartments on our way up, and had long goodbyes with Filipos and Barbara (sadly no longer together) and Angela. We were already well oiled, but several black russians later we staggered back to Alex studios just in time to meet the taxi at 2am.

It is a wonder they let me on the plane, but they did. to be honest, if they hadn't we would have stayed in Arillas for at least another week, so I was sad about it.

Can't post a pic - someone borrowed them and never gave them back.

Phil

Offline Paul C

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008, 09:36:32 AM »
Like you Mammakid, Mandy and Sandy we to have had the "odd" drink or three in the Rainbow and then wobbled our way home in the early hours. Jimmy and Spiros are such good fun and the company at the bar so friendly the time just whizzes by. We usually end up there most nights and see no reason to change this habit.

Paul

Offline al

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 10:06:26 AM »
we brought a couple of friends with us to arillas in 2000 and i said we should walk over the top to san stef
just as we came down the hill the heavens opened it must have been about midday
so we all went into nearest place that served alcohol and stayed there as it rained all day
as you can imagine we were all rather drunk
my hazy memory of the day is we found a pack of dominoes there and just as i was putting double 6 down to win my mate said i have double 6 also lol

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 04:53:37 PM »
John

The diet coke is on me , i will have your share of the Mythos and ouzo lol . Too many GOOD nights and days to remember .

Yammas

Dave n Anne

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2008, 05:24:27 PM »
Took me a long while to come up with one to post Dave. Far too many to count....

We will have to share JohntheRef's Mythos and Ouzo....

Take care
Phil

Offline Joyce

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2008, 11:11:24 PM »
Come on Sandy - don't forget the time you decided to fall asleep in the middle of the road on the way back to the apartment from the Rainbow Bar OR the night we could smell gas in our apartment OR the numerous times we got lost going back to our room and ended up next door in the Marvellous OR the night we got so drunk in the Coconut that we both started undressing as soon as we got back to our room and woke up in the morning to find a trail of clothes and shoes leading from the door to the bedroom OR the time we were so drunk we were refused entry to the Rainbow Bar OR the night of the fish restaurant (OK I Know I was in bed all the next day) - SHALL I GO ON!!!!!!! 

Offline Joyce

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2008, 11:17:11 PM »
Sorry Sandy but I do also have to mention the time that you, in your infinite wisdom, decided to get totally hammered in the Rainbow while we were waiting for our taxi to arrive to take us to the airport for a night flight.

That poor taxi driver has probably found himself a safer occupation after that journey although - to be fair - you did pass out about 10 minutes out of Arillas! 

Booking.com