Author Topic: booking taxis in advance  (Read 20519 times)

Offline chorltonfiona

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
    • TickerFactory
booking taxis in advance
« on: June 24, 2008, 02:41:54 PM »
Hi,

Has anyone recently booked a taxi from the airport online?  From the link on this website?  I was just wondering if it is still the case that you can book this a few days before arriving, and if it is still 50 euros?

We are travelling in August, can't wait!

Fiona

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
Re: booking taxis in advance
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 03:41:59 PM »
Hello,

I just did and it works a treat. You just fill in the form and Noula form San Stef Travel will confirm your request shortly and then just turn up at the airport and there is a chap with a sign with you name on it. He will drive you to Arillas and you just pay him when you get there. Same with the homeward journey, just request the pick up at your acommondation.

I even got lucky this time beacause there were people going to San Stefanos on the same flight so they send a minibus and it cost was it 20 or 25 euros, and that happened on the return journey as well. It was nice to save a bit of money, as it left me more to spend in the duty free :)

I can sincerely recommend this service :)
Life is good ;)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 04:56:59 PM »
Me too....  very simple and straightforward... no hassles at the airport.. just waiting for the luggage on the carousel took a bit of time but the driver was very patient and helped with our bags.

The drive though is a bit hair raising if its your first time.. lots of bends etc. if you dont know where you are going but the driver has obviously done it dozens of time.  I would recommend it too.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 11:05:22 PM »
We have just booked a mini bus for 2 weeks time , e-mailed Noula at san steph travel with the details and all is sorted .

Yammas

Dave n Anne

Offline chorltonfiona

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
    • TickerFactory
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 09:21:39 PM »
Ha ha yes have been to Arillas a few times, I know about the hairpin bends, my kids always feel sick on the way!  At least we shouldn't get lost, in previous years we have hired a car and found that the signposts to Arillas don't really match up with the map we had.... makes it more of an adventure I suppose!

Thanks for the advice, will do that I think.

Fiona

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 08:26:05 AM »
san steph travel ,,,fab service..they are the best in my eyes.....use them and see ..yammas

Offline Glenny

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 02:19:31 PM »
We booked a minibus through Olgas Travel, just e-mail her with all the details, excellent service.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 02:25:46 PM »
We arrange mini-bus hire with http://arkokal.gr/ to transfer our guests when their party consists of more than four.  Just like Olga's they provide an excellent service. :-)

Eileen.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 12:37:00 PM »
Getting even more excited now!  Booked our taxi with Dorita this morning.  She said the taxi driver will be given our room number and drop us off - how easy is that!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 05:39:14 PM »
I have been trying to persuade my hubby that booking a taxi would be a good idea but he has said that there wouldn't be enough room for 4 of us plus cases in a taxi. next year there will only be 3 of us, are that taxis able to take 3 passengers plus  2 large cases & 1 small one??

After this years journey back to the airport he might be easier to persuade.
The journey took about 1 1/4 hours(not bad) but there was a vomitting competition on the bus. I blame the rep for saying if anyone felt sick she had bags at the front. I think that just 'planted the seed' & set everyone off!

Karen

Offline MicK-G

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 04:53:07 PM »
I tried it with Arillas travel, It didn't work too well. I had no reply  to my email and then no taxei at the airport despite me phoning from birmingham airport and my sister, who was alredy in Arillas going into the office to confirm our arrival. We were left hanging around for 45 minutes. Then on the return I went in on the Thursday to book the taxi to the airport the following monday. The girl assured me that the taxi was booked but on the day of going home, none arrived. We got to the airpost about 45minutes before we were due to fly when the woman from the shop got her husband to take us to the airport. The fact that we got there, i am grateful to the lady in Arillas shop, the misshap is down to the yts girl that works there on some days, I'd be careful who you speak to. I was told that a taxi from the airport that queues outside is 55 euros so I'm not sure if I'll book one in future or just hail one when I get of the plane.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 07:50:10 PM »
Book with San Stefanos travel.....Noula has never let me down.
Sandy x

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 09:53:22 PM »
Or Olga from Olgas Travel, she has never let us down the last 10yrs(nor did she when at Arillas travel)Spiros who owns Arillas travel is a nice chap and I am sure he would be annoyed if he knew he had let you down.
Ang

Offline MicK-G

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 10:16:37 AM »
To be honest I'm gratefull that they were able to get us to the airport to catch our flight, It's just annoying that on the two occasions that I spoke to the young girl that works in there, no taxi was arranged. Although with hindsight, we booked to go to the water park with them last year and that didn't happen either.

Offline MicK-G

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2009, 12:06:51 PM »
Just a quick post to say that in May we booked the transfer through this website with San Stefano travel. Excellent service, I would recomend them every time.

Booking.com