Author Topic: Walks  (Read 62826 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Walks
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2008, 10:58:40 PM »
Eggy, you have captured my idea of walks in Arillas. A very frequent one would be just like this....

a 5 minute stroll will take you to the Malibu or Coconut where you can sample the wildlife ( Mozzies ) and enjoy chats with the locals. (George at Malibu or Stammatis at Coconut )

Can own up I've done that a LOT!

Phil

riggers

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2008, 11:04:15 PM »
Ahhh now i can't wait to have these walks again. I must get my arm in practice too.

Cheers..

riggers.......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2008, 12:21:18 AM »
Ahhh now i can't wait to have these walks again. I must get my arm in practice too.

Cheers..

riggers.......

Ah, Mr Riggers - As you , or Phil will know, i love to edit Forum postings, when I am in a sort of "impish mood"
I really want to delete the first sentence of your post but didn't, as I know I will regret it in the morning! - So I left it alone.
ps. at th Rainbow Tuesday pm - Or Weds even.
Negg

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2008, 12:24:37 AM »
Eggy, you are incorrigable. Lol.
Lindypops.

riggers

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2008, 12:40:55 AM »
Lol Negg, Late arriver on Tuesday i'm affraid so Wednesday it is mate.

riggers.............

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2008, 12:42:16 AM »
You`ll enjoy.
Lindypops.

riggers

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2008, 12:48:03 AM »
Of course Lindy, i always enjoy :D

Looking forward to my last little bit of the place i luv for this year. Mind you i win the Lottery and be there lotssssssssssssss. 

riggers...

riggers

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2008, 12:50:41 AM »
oh dear i meant to say i might win the lottery.

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2008, 12:53:06 AM »
Lol, no need. It will all be good.
Lindypops.

Marymary

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2008, 12:22:32 PM »
I love going on long walks when I come to Arillas, as well as spending late nights in the coconut. Walking to St Georges is the best, feel like s.. while walking there, so much of it is uphill but the views are great and I always feel invigorated and ready for the eating and partying of an evening, bliss, or an afternoon taking in liquid refreshment

Take Care

Mary

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas Addict
  • Helios Court Arillas Corfu
    • Luxury Villa in Arillas
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2008, 12:52:00 PM »
Thats was my one regret this last visit. Because we had a car we didnt walk so much.

We made a few trips early down to the Bakery which is a lovely walk from our house.

Peter and I walked down for an Ionian at the Coconut one afternoon came back over the headland and halfway back from San Steph in search of a shortcut to the beach we know exists somewhere. Most days a stroll the length of the beach with my daughter under strict orders not to comment on the nudists but that was it.

We got a dog this year in the UK and I have been walking so much more. We are very lucky that we are surrounded in Wiltshire by world class walks and it has added so much to my life. What a simple pleasure.

Ive done about 6 miles with the dog this morning.

I guess the penny has also dropped as to why I put on 5 pounds in 2 weeks in Arillas this year!
Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday

Offline georgia

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2008, 11:42:41 PM »
Hello all, I used to love the walk to San Steph...but to my horror on last months visit discovered I could only get halfway and had to turn back...managed it with ease 3years ago!! Have to face the fact that the sound coming from my knees...[like pistols going off] is probably arthritis...hell I am only 47..whats all that about. I manage long walks here in Norfolk no probs...no hills I guess! Still plenty more to enjoy in Arillas and the walk to the bakery I agree is a nice one...and the reward of Spinach pies, gforgeous bread and Baklava to die for..as long as I chew it on one side of my mouth only...much expensive dental work on other side..lol..no hope for me..only the thought of another holiday in our little paradise of Arillas keeping me going..roll on 2009!

Booking.com