Author Topic: Aghios Gordios?  (Read 3845 times)

Offline jersey steve

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Aghios Gordios?
« on: July 06, 2008, 06:50:06 PM »
Any ideas on how to get to Aghios Gordios from Arillas, will I have to hire a car? Or is there buses or boats available?

Regards Steve
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
Re: Aghios Gordios?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 07:58:57 PM »
Co-op travel have been offering 2 weeks for the price of one next May.
£243 Aghios Gordios. other resorts available, Nothing in Arillas

Offline graham

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 04:39:03 PM »
I stayed in Aghios Gordios for a couple of weeks in 2006, it's lovely but I'd consider hiring a car if you want to get there from Arillas. I seem to remember the drive taking about an hour. "Sebastians" Restaurant and the "Sea Breeze" were really nice there and the beach is lovely too!

Aghios Gordios Beach 2006
A woman has the last word in any argument, anything a man says after that is the start of a new argument!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 09:49:28 PM »
We loved Agios Gordios... it was our first Corfu holiday.  We stayed in a studio practically on the beach along the boardwalk, just before the Pink Palace.  It was brilliant.  Sea Breeze was great and Sebastians was very similar to Thalassa (or thassala?) in Arillas with posh square plates (I remember the plates :-) )

Great Jazz bar on the beach too that played Latin music one night.  Throughly enjoyed AG.

Fantastic walk along the donkey path to Sinnarades... we loved it but as we couldnt get the same accommodation the following year thats how we ended up in Arillas and love it there more, not so many hills to climb!  Apart from the bus to Corfu town I would agree that you would probably be better off hiring a car as the buses  are infrequent.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline jersey steve

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 01:10:32 AM »
Thanks for that much appreciated.

Regards Steve
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 10:45:44 PM »
Wow Graham, that beach pic looks identical to Arillas beach!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 11:44:56 PM »
It does have a brilliant beach, although the sea can be a bit rough and current strong, the sunsets are gorgeous so we knew what to expect when we got to Arillas, but saying that I couldnt believe we missed the sunsets the first few nights we were in Arillas, our timing wasnt right as we were eating somewhere and never saw it.. When we finally did it blew us away.  I am rambling.... sorry!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Booking.com