Author Topic: Airport Transfers  (Read 13749 times)

Offline Colprice

Airport Transfers
« on: July 06, 2008, 07:05:09 PM »
Hi Folks,

Im very new here, Ive just booked a fortnight for my wife and I at the Kaloudis appartments. All reviews seem very positive and as for Arillas, it's just what we want, peace, quiet and friendly people.

I booked with Thomson and wondered if any of you guys know anything about the transfer times etc? Im arriving at about 1.30pm the 22nd august. Buses in the midday sun could be tricky?

Cant wait to get there.

Col

Offline Geoffrey with a "G"

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Airport Transfers
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 07:50:07 PM »
Hi Col,   transfer times with Thomson are good. There are no problems with midday buses as they are all air-conditioned and the traffic is no real problem. Other forum members who have holidayed at the kaloudis may give you more information I´m sure. Happy holiday!
Geoffrey with a `G´

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 07:53:02 PM »
Hi col.
Welcome to the forum
Transfer times may vary, if you get a direct transfer you will find that it takes about 50 minutes.
A transfer that takes in other resorts will take longer. We have been lucky in having direct transfers previously, but we are traveling with Olympic in a weeks time and fear that the transfer may take up to 3 hours so we will book a taxi.  You will get more advice on transfer times from other forum members; you won’t be disappointed when you get to Arillas  

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 08:20:21 PM »
If you can,  book a taxi, you get to Arillas quicker about  50 Euros and worth it.  We got the coach transfer back though and it was nice to see others places on route.  We felt we made the best choice though when we saw the other resorts.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

riggers

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 08:25:46 PM »
Hi Col.

I have been to Kaloudis 5 times. (love it). The transfer times can vary as has been said. I have been lucky with mine, all direct bar one, which went to Sidari and san stefanos first to various stops. This ended up about two and half hours journey.

Good luck and have a good holiday. (you will love Kaloudis)

riggers.

Offline Colprice

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 10:01:28 PM »
Thanks folks.

Thats a great help, giving some serious thought to getting a Taxi at the airport.

Its great to have a forum about the specific place your taking a holiday. Really helps to build the anticipation and gets a lot of the usual unanswered questions sorted.

Thanks again for the good advice

Col

Offline Mike and Debbie

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 10:14:22 PM »
Hi Col,
Have you thought about hiring a car for a few days. This would cost about 40 euros a day depending on what car you wanted, so instead of paying 50 euros for a taxi, it may be worth getting a car and collecting from the airport

Cheers
Mike
[link=http://www.caribbeanmag.com/cd/vc/][image noborder]http://www.caribbeanmag.com/cd/Corfu/200807281230_101.gif[/image][/link][link=http://www.caribbeanmag.com/member/tips/home/15/Bahamas.html]Bahamas Trip Reports[/link]

Offline DaisysMum

• http://www.crazydaisyjewellery.com/
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 10:29:05 PM »
Hello Col

My daughter and I had our first trip to Arillas and to the Kaloudis on 13th June this year.  I can honestly say that it's now topped the list as the nicest holiday we have ever had.  You will have a great time I'm sure.  This was the first holiday that I had booked through Thomson and I was not looking forward to the transfer time prior to going, as other holidays that I have been on we have had to stop for the driver to have a break (any of you that have been to Marmaris from Dalaman airport will know exactly what I mean!!)   However, I was pleasantly surprised, as we were on the bus and gone within 15 mins, we had one drop off on the way, just outside of Corfu Town and then it was straight to Arillas which took about 50 minutes.
Not sure if it will be as smooth as this in August, but thats how it was for us.

Have a great time

Becky

Offline graham

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 07:53:27 PM »
I think if you go onto the "taxi to arillas" link in yellow at the top left of the screen you can arrange being picked up at the airport and going direct. I agree with what everyone else has said, it's anything between an hour and three hours otherwise and it can be a drag if you're allready tired! Especially if your daughter throws up on you in the bus! (Happenned to me the year before last!) Smashing journey!
A woman has the last word in any argument, anything a man says after that is the start of a new argument!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 02:47:53 PM »
I made enquiries about hiring a car from the airport for a 3 days, then hiring one for 3 days before we leave to go back,  I was emailed by the car hire in Arillas  that I couldnt have it for less than 7 days pick up from the airport (would have to get to Arillas first it seems then hire it for shorter periods).  We dont really want a car for two weeks so wont bother, we shall just use a taxi.

I know what you mean about Dalaman to Marmaris... it seemed to take forever and then they stop for a break for about 20 mins if anyone wants something to eat at a little bar on the way.  We were warned about that so took some snacks of our own and went back to sleep!  As I said before on the Turkish posting NEVER AGAIN!

Offline PeterLewis

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2008, 01:57:38 PM »
The transfers were the worst part of an otherwise great holiday we have just had in Arillas.  We were with Olympic.  On arrival late at night we were driven up the entire coast via Ipsos etc, around to the north at Roda, where we then transfered into an overcrowded minibus to drive across country to Arillas arriving at about 4.30am. It was around a 4hr drive.   The Rep was concerned about our complaints so tried to improve things for our return.   We were picked up at 6.30pm but then travelled at about 20km an hour up (not down) to Sidari, then turned south at the same speed to get to Corfu at around 9.30pm - the last 15 minutes however were at breakneck speed - 80+ km/hr to arrive at airport.  Mad!

So be prepated!  The place, the people, our accommodation were fine - but thje transfers a cross between hell and Monty Python!

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2008, 02:04:06 PM »
Sadly it seems that this is common with Olympic. We have always travelled with Manos and never had a problem.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2008, 06:33:45 PM »
I am so pleased you had a good holiday but cant believe the 4 hr transfer time.  Totally unnecessary I would have thought. What with all the waiting in the airport (if it was on time it is a bonus) then the flight and collecting bags then that transfer it must have seemed like you were travelling all day.  They really do need to do something about that I think, as it seems to be a problem with Olympic.

Offline ash-wolves

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • www.myspace.com/ash_wolves89
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 05:52:02 PM »
hi colin,
Ive always stayed at arillas, top tip save your 50euros!

Travel with thompson, its onli 50 - 70 mins direct. and by the sounds on your arrival your flying from b-ham / east mids or gatwick!? wich is a direct route on coach normaly!

If you have a skin full on the plane u sleep on the coach n the journy time is cut by half!!!

enjoy it! ash

Live

The

Dream ! ! !

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008, 10:53:37 PM »
Hi Colprice we have just returned from Arillas booked with thomson and the transfer took exactly 1 hour with just 1 drop at Agios Georgios before us, hopes this helps ! Yammas
                                       Tony

Booking.com