Author Topic: Donkey Santury  (Read 19532 times)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Re: Donkey Santury
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2008, 03:35:05 PM »
Great piece of news to read... loved the bit about the "angry emails etc" and the fact that he was so surprised of the reaction about the care of 40 donkeys.

Those poor old things look pretty bad.  We "adopted" a donkey years ago for our children.  It had three legs and was called Lucie.  Unfortunately our youngest was not impressed when she was born and named after a 3 legged donkey!  I liked the name though!

Anyhow, I am pleased there was a positive reaction.  Well done! and POWER TO THE DONKEYS TOO!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2008, 04:54:14 PM »
Hi Lynwill53,
Take a look at this website which will give you lots more info. Thanks Viv
http://www.corfu-donkeys.com/

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2008, 10:14:38 PM »
Viv it's fantastic news and Terry it's great to see you finding and posting the news for all. Cheers, Mick.

Offline lynwill53

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2008, 11:07:52 AM »
Hi Lynwill53,
Take a look at this website which will give you lots more info. Thanks Viv
http://www.corfu-donkeys.com/

Thanks for that link Viv, which has had me in tears, and I have made a donation, but now feeling guilty about all the donkeys on other islands who may be suffering. I can't bear the thought of it.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2008, 01:09:28 PM »
Hi Lyn, We would all like to do more, but we do what we can and thaats all we can do. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2008, 01:45:22 PM »
Good news on the rescue center....anyone visiting Arillas who hires a car should make an effort to call in and see the donkeys..its an eye opener!!
kes/Kath

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Donkey Sanctuary
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2008, 12:07:12 PM »
Whilst visiting the Night Owl in June we saw one very old donkey who had spent many years working hard for her owner(not the nice people of own the night owl),she was there on a kind of respite have a bit of a break,a day or so later we decided to pop up to the Night Owl so on the way we made a point of buying some nice big juicy apples for her,but when we arrived she had gone her owner had taken her back.The nice people at the Night Owl who's 2 boys loved the first donkey decided that they would get another to care for so they had bought another donkey who again showed signs of a hard working life, he was a little more skitty but enjoyed his apples......

So the result of seeing these donkeys and the plight of the Donkey sanctuary has spurred me on to making a donation today, every little helps toward the 150,000 Euro and its easy if you have a paypal account and my good deed for the day, I will make a special trip to visit the next time we are in Arillas.
Ang

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2008, 12:47:57 PM »
Cant believe i've missed this thread.  Fantastic that it has been saved.  I've been trying to donate, but it isnt connecting, anybody else had difficulty? 

Sharon x

Offline lynwill53

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2008, 01:10:14 PM »
Hi Sharon. I followed the link on Viv's post near the top of this page to their website and the donation link is on there. had no problem at all. You need a Paypal account though, but that's easy to set up. The link to that is on the donations page too

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2008, 01:13:48 PM »
Hi Lynwill, i've clicked on that link, because I have a paypal account, but it is "sticking" it wont connect.  HELP

Sharon x

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2008, 01:47:21 PM »
Panic over, managed it.  Sent a donation, arent donkeys just gorgeous.

Sharon x

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Donkey Sanctuary
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2008, 10:37:58 PM »
Well done Sharon, I hope you got the same thank you e-mail as I did, if everyone who has read this topic and is a forum member just made a simple small donation it would help and when next in Arillas could visit with an apple or two,sometimes we are all too busy to worry or even care about such things as we all have bigger things to contend with, but I tell you what I felt good today about my donation as I know that all being well I may see the result,okay it may only be a donkey to some and whats the big deal,but today for me it has ment something
Ang

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2008, 11:10:27 AM »
Ang, yes I got an email from Judy today.  I mean to visit the sanctuary last time, but will really try next time we are there.  Agree with all you say, a little can mean a lot.

Did you ever see the donkey in Sidari, the poor little thing had to stand all day in the heat, with a loaf of bread, and its owner sat begging.  I took it an apple and it devoured it.  It hasnt been there the last two times we drove through so hopefully it has been retired.

Like Ang says a little bit from everyone can go so far, and Viv thanks for highlighing this and Terry for the websites.

Sharon x

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2008, 08:30:16 AM »
A reporter from Sunday Mail has been to see Judy so keep your eye's open, lets hope it get's more then 2 paragraphs. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2008, 12:24:25 PM »
That's great, Viv, must look out for that tomorrow. 
lynn xx

Booking.com