Author Topic: Arillas Bay Apartments 2008....BEWARE!  (Read 79453 times)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Bay Apartments 2008....BEWARE!
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2008, 03:52:13 PM »
what a good idea.... the member list will reach sky high though, theres 23 people on here already!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2008, 03:54:54 PM »
lol.

With so many 'volunteers' to run the place, I can't see it making much profit somehow.

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2008, 04:05:21 PM »
The profit would be the chance to stay there a bit longer and all the happy faces. :-)

Offline martin-w

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2008, 06:53:20 PM »
Hi All!
I have just picked up on this posting and like the rest of you 'regulars' am totally stunned by this report. The 'unthinkable' has happened in Arillas! One of the main things I love about the place is the peace and security of the resort.
I bet all the other residents and hoteliers are devastated by this slur on the resort's wonderful record!
Vivian, like you and Pete, I was there in May and having talked to Harold and Sally saw how upset they were at the condition in the Arillas Bay Apartments. I thought it must be 'teething problems' as the place was just opening up, but obviously not! Its about time Thomas Cook intervened and took some responsibility for these incidents as they take hard earned money fast enough when you trustingly book with them.
All I hope is that these incidents which are totally 'out of character' for this resort will not deter other visitors and ruin the good reputation built up by the rest of the extremely hard working and caring hosts in the area!
Martin..

Offline sheila

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2008, 08:48:10 PM »
Just been reading these reports and I am totally shocked. We stayed at Arillas Bay the first year we came and didn't have a problem and the food at the Sea Breeze was excellent. The past couple of years we have not ate there as it always looked quiet and we had heard some reports that the food had gone downhill. Our friends stay there every year and are doing so in September, I don't know if I should tell them and put  a dampner on their holiday before they even get there or not, as they don't have a computer so won't know about what has happened.
SHEILA

Offline Peckedhen

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2008, 08:54:55 PM »
I too am saddened and shocked reading the thread.  A lot can happen between now and September. Let's hope that TC pull their fingers out and become proactive.

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2008, 11:07:21 PM »
Hi, Jill. I really hope you sort things out. Good luck!
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline Britney

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2008, 12:43:13 AM »
We stayed in the Arillas Bay - Cell B1  at the beginning of May.  We booked at quick trip - only for 4 nights.  The place was disgusting.   We thought we were unlucky.  We arrived to be greeted by a burst water tank, no lights, and damp beds.   The studio had been recently paint, but not aired so the condensation went straight into the furnishings.   Nothing was done.    Illness in the family is not a valid excuse, especially in a Village like Arillas, where in our experience everyone helps and supports each other. We too are in dispute with Thomas Cook, who sent out a standard reply letter explaining the volume of rain Corfu receives and that they felt that the holiday in the brochure was the one we received, and hope it didn't detract from our holiday!!!!    I have responded back to TC and are awaiting their reply.   Thankfully we were not intruded by the Albanians, but maybe that's because we couldn't stay there, and were taken in by friends.  
Britney

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2008, 12:57:43 AM »
I hate to say it, but I think more problems like those at Arillas Bay Apartments will occur. The travel companies hardly pay anything to the owners of the hotels etc, and the owners are finding that their other expenses  are increasing. On top of that we, the holiday makers, are spending less on food, drink and activities.

I don't think that the travel companies will ever take responsibility for the incidents and will just pull out of Arillas, just as Libra did last year. Whether we like it or not we are all going to have to pay more for our holidays in the future, and with our increased inflation at home it will be very difficult.

I was told that Libra booked 200 beds in Arillas out of a total of about 800 so that, in itself, means a big reduction in money being spent in Arillas. Over the last two weeks, it was very noticeable that there were less people in Arillas, and it was very strange to see the bars sparsely populated.

I just hope that people don't have to give up going to Arillas because of cost and I hope that the Hotel owners keep working hard to give as good value holidays. This forum is the perfect place for the members and the business people of Arillas to debate things and to use it as a tool for continued improvement.

Offline ash-wolves

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • www.myspace.com/ash_wolves89
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2008, 01:37:17 AM »
i too noticed that, malibu and coconut were empty each night!

Me and my brother, we went in coconut bar once! previous years weve spent everynight in there!

But i dont know what it was wether it was the loadness of the music (yes two teenage lads complaining about noise! we get places like that at home, we go to week in week out) or the price of drinks!

It was cheaper for us to sit round our pool bar at night at splish splash, we became great friends with jimmy and billy the kid who looked after us and even took us to sidari for the night! the entertainment is good too

plus is helped that there were a ton load of girls our age stayin there, that may have been the reason ! ;-)

lol !

ash
Live

The

Dream ! ! !

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2008, 10:43:08 AM »
Terry, I think you might have hit the nail on the head there, as we all know that tour companies do rip off the owners leaving them hardly anything to work with on their properties.  It is very sad to see...thats what happens when they get greedy.  It is totally amazing when you think of all the problems in the world, it has a knock on effect all the way down the line... fuel costs, flight costs with all the extras now, owners accommodation with no profit... it all comes back down to the consumer and if we dont pay then it all goes back to the beginning again!  ITS THE OIL!!!   There, I am going off on one, how easy it is to do that!

Perhaps Self Catering might just end up being that soon.  Most will only go and eat and drink out occasionally during their holiday, which isnt what its all about is it, the food is one of the highlights of our holiday.

Ash.....Glad you enjoyed Arillas with the added attractions! ;-)

If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2008, 12:45:35 PM »
I say cut out the tour operators except for flights and book direct with the hotels. I know the Akti does this and gives them a much bigger payout as the slice they get from TC is small. I too noticed the Malibu was quiet, but it was our first visit to Arillas so I had nothing to compare it with. Places like the Marina restaurant, Horizon Bar, costas on the beach and of course the wonderful broukalis were busy, infact we had to book tables even after 10pm at the latter on 2 occasions.

Offline robalysha

« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2008, 01:19:18 PM »
hi gazcaz, rob was just looking on here at work and noticed your comment, so just writing a quick note to say we will be writing a full report on here later when we get chance as both back to work now.
just to let every1 know it will be very much the same as gazcaz as the place was a complete dive! we are the young couple that gazcaz spoke about in their first message who got moved.
a full report will follow later this evening so keep a look out

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2008, 02:46:43 PM »
Hey Guys, hope you enjoyed your last day in the Akti. Glad you will add your weight to the condemnation of the AB, maybe they will take note and do something to help the people yet to visit it. Cant believe in other threads people are saying it was one couple moved according to Thomas Cook, who are they trying to kid eh? Hope you got home ok, did you here about Rob and Cath, they were delayed a day and had to be put up in a hotel with their bags back at the airport....nightmare.

Gary

Offline Quack John

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2008, 02:57:01 PM »
Gary, when i spoke to TC this morning they denied that there was a problem at all!!!!

Thank goodness for this forum, we may be heading out the AB in a week or so's time but at least we're now informed as to what we may find and what we will need to do about it!

Forewarned is definately fore-armed!!

John

Booking.com