Author Topic: Akti Arilla 2008  (Read 12321 times)

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
Akti Arilla 2008
« on: July 16, 2008, 01:03:10 AM »
An impressive hotel, not just from the decor, but the magical family that run it and the addition of a wonderful new pool and lounger area.

We had the pleasure of being their guests for seven wonderful nights.

Spiros and his lady Monica run the entertainment, well its the host and hostess side, but the way they do it, its like a well oiled double act. Costas the other son looks after the bookings, the financial stuff it seems and does his share or bar work.

The parents float around as if in heaven, patting guests on the back and chatting to them. Which is wonderful as they have reason to smile, its all so well done. Helen the daughter works her socks off behind the scene.

The rooms are spotless, clean with wonderful huge bathrooms, new furishings and tasteful paintwork. Rooms come with a mini fridge and aircon which was 35 euros a week in July. Oh and for the ladies a good working hair drier as standard. Linen seems to be every 2 days or on request if needed, no hassle. All windows are fitted with Mozzi screens (I get bit, but only once during the seven days).

Breakfast is included, simple continental affair, with the inclusion of scrambled or boiled egg. Full English available for a few extra euros. Snacks are cheap and relly good, as are the drinks and the really underused restaurant is wonderful and inexpensive. Maybe if they advertised it better outside it would help, it really is nice.

The pool is spotless, the loungers are of the highest quality and the outdoor shower even comes with the nice touch of free shower gel, so nice :-) It even has a Jacuzzi for 1 euro per adult for 15 minutes.

The bar is well stocked and Monica and Spiros patrol it with charm, open friendliness and genuine happy smiles.

We love every last thing about the place except one.....saying goodbye. Thanks Guys you saved our holiday, you are simply the best.

Gary and Carolyn

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: Akti Arilla 2008
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 01:12:58 AM »
I'm so glad your holiday was salvaged and that you were able to experience some of the true Arillian hospitality....
Sandy x

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 12:05:18 PM »
this family deserve praise indeed! nothing was too much trouble, as you say the food was brilliant, but very few people ate in the restaurant while we were there, which was such a shame. the rooms were really comfortable and a delight to return to after a hard day on the beach!! clean towels, bedding and clean room!!
thanks to kostas and his lovely wife angela, spiros and monika, and of course mum and dad, helen, and all the others "behind the scenes" for making our stay at the akti brilliant!
ger x

Offline Mango

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 04:32:59 PM »
Totally agree,

Spiros saved us on our last year offering us a courtesy room for a full day, with air condition and towels, and we hadn't even stayed there.

We were made very welcome when we asked if we could use the pool there and spent most of our second week at the Akti pool.  My guess is the Akti will be fully booked next year.

Keep up the good work Spiros, Monica and family.

Amanda

Offline robalysha

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 05:24:55 PM »
We totally agree with Gazcaz on this place. We were in the same situation as them by getting moved to the Akti and what a place it is. I think they have said everything that needs to be said. We would only be adding more praise to this place and that it deserves a much better rating than it has/had in this years brouchures as it truely is spectacular!

Offline al

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 06:28:49 PM »
Would not stay anywhere else truly amazing 2 weeks in fact cant remember leaving the hotel very often lol
I thought the atmosphere around the place was fantastic which has alot to do with the people there it was a great crowd this year including the geordies lol

Offline robalysha

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 08:37:37 PM »
i hope you mean us aswell included in ur great crowd this year! ha ha

Offline al

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 10:44:59 PM »
ok including the geordies and the bristolians lol

R u both ok ?  hope your new venture goes well rob
I spoke to robin the other night and he says he can wait till next year to rubin sunceam 
LOL     

Offline robalysha

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 11:20:05 AM »
good good! happy now! lol
we r good thanks, hope you both are well too.
maybe i should just not bother n get really burnt instead! but then that would give him the excuse to rub in aftersun! ha ha

Maggie

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 11:50:29 AM »
We ate at the Akti for the first time this year! We have often looked at it, but never been in, perhaps because it's ' inside'. However, we had a wonderful meal. If you see the sofrito on special, please try it. We will return many times I'm sure.

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 01:24:17 PM »
I think the inside thing is a problem for the Akti, but with a bit more advertising it would really take off. It only takes a few to be eating their and it draws people in. The food was very nice and at a very reasonable price too.

Offline MicK-G

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2008, 03:40:13 PM »
I must admit I've looked at the menu but never been in for a meal, I think we'll try it this year on your recomendation

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2008, 04:18:54 PM »
The specials are great, veal in particular. They also do traditional and lovely steaks too. One of the starters was wonderful, a spicy soft cheese dish, heaven. Didn't see it any other place quite the same. Its well worth a visit and the staff (Likely Monika, is so sweet) are really friendly. Enjoy, as we did and will again.

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2008, 05:09:35 PM »
think i will be trying this .i often look but never had a meal their

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008, 06:59:18 PM »
We were hiring a boat one day and late at night, roughly two beers past too much to drink I asked if they could do us some sandwiches to take with us. Monika said no problem and at the end of breakfast only 6 hours later she presented us with a wonderful greek salad type one and a tuna salad so packed with tuna steak it was huge. Nothing seems too much trouble for them.

One night for some people who were staying at the hotel and by surprise, they made their Tadziki into little faces of the people they were serving them too. So so funny.

Try and enjoy :-)

Booking.com