Author Topic: Sea Breeze!!!!  (Read 20728 times)

Offline Joanne

Sea Breeze!!!!
« on: July 16, 2008, 11:55:58 AM »
Morning

After reading the horrors of Sea Breeze last night I didnt sleep a wink.  My family and I are staying there in the next couple of weeks!  We have been to Arillas a number of times and never had any problems (we have also stayed at the Sea Breeze in the past) so you can imagine the shock of reading about the incident.

I have rang the tour operator this morning sharing my concerns.  She rang the resort.  She explained to me that one family were moved due to the behaviour of a drunken guest who was staying at the resort.  He was trying to get into the appartments thinking that it was his appartment.  She assured me that this was a one off incident.  I hope this puts peoples mind at rest.   

Offline harold

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Re: sea breeze
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 12:02:28 PM »
Joanne,
i think what TC have told you sums up the tour company.good luck on your holiday and i do hope you have a good one.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Re: Sea Breeze!!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 12:23:43 PM »
From reading the reports I think that guest must have been drunk more than one night as he was trying to get in more than once.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 12:25:10 PM »
Just what I was going to say Blondegirl.....
Sandy x

Offline Joanne

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 12:37:37 PM »
People on their hols do get drunk more than one night!

Lets hope that this is a one off because if TC are lying to me then let me assure you there will be trouble!  I will let you know all about it when I get back. 

Here hoping I have a fab time like all the other times I have had at Arillas.

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 01:29:55 PM »
joanne, make sure you get the names of the people you speak to at tc, and i'm sure they record their phone calls, so you can prove they said it would be okay
ger x

Offline Quack John

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 01:44:42 PM »
Hello Joanne,

We're staying at AB from 28th July for a week and, like you, are upset by the reports received back.
I have contacted our agents this morning and they are supposd to be talking to TC about getting us moved to other accommodation, whether they are successful remains to be seen! I guess it may be difficult at this sort notice.
Whether we get moved or not we'll still be going to Arillas as the resort sounds amazing and if there are any problems at AB during the stay we will make sure the TC rep does something about it!!!!

John

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 01:58:16 PM »
Even though this behaviour is in NO way acceptable (ie: trying to break into apts) I did think that the intruder must have been completely thick to keep trying the same apts, especially with people actually being there at the same time.  the worrying thing though is that Mango actually had stuff stolen so its not just the case of a nuisance drunk is it? Obviously TC are not telling the whole truth.  I would demand to be moved if it was me.

Offline Joanne

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 02:32:45 PM »
Dear John

Could you let me know what TC said to you.  I have the name of the person I spoke to - I feel very confused and not sure what to do at the moment.  I was looking forward to this holiday, I now feel sick.

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 02:56:27 PM »
My advice to you Joanne, is try to stop worrying.

Arillas is still a great place.
It seems to me that the problems are largely down to one person not being able to hold his drink, combined with an appalling attitude from TC. I would hope that the situation will have been rectified by the time you get there and if it hasn't, demand that TC find you alternative accommodation - at their expense, somewhere else in Arillas.

I'm sure you'll still have a great time - enjoy.

Angie

Offline Joanne

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 03:09:56 PM »
Cheers, 

I am going to go with an open mind, I have been back onto TC and everywhere is fully booked, so I have no choice but to risk it.  I will have a full report when i get back!

Watch this space!

Thanks
Joanne

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008, 03:14:32 PM »
Joanne,

If TC won't help and you need to find different accommodation, go and see Olga (Olgas travel), she acts as 'middle man' for a lot of the independant owners and I'm sure she'll find you something.

Angie

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 03:31:31 PM »
For the record, Thomas Cook are lying 100% I will stand up in open court on that and the records and former guests at the Akti Arilla will back that up as they got empty rooms filled twice for 7 and 8 nights. Can't dispute that TC, put that in you pipe Thomas Crook and smoke it.

On Sunday 6th July the couple next to us in the B Block at the Arillas Bay were moved to the Akti Arilla and on Monday 7th July we were also moved. Another couple were moved later that week. They can brush it under the carpet all they like but I am going to fight them on this.

Drunk guest trying and getting the wrong room? Then when disturbed and chased why did he return once one night and twice two nights later. Thomas Cook demanded his removal (he was a long term tenant, not a guest at the AB had a lease on the cottage all summer, paid up front to the AB)

The ABs failure to remove then had TCs top guy from Sidari visit them, but from what I gather that was a toothless exercise also.

Offline Joanne

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 03:45:33 PM »
My god its going from bad to worse!! does anyone have any nice things to say to cheer me up!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2008, 03:46:23 PM »
At least the weather and food will be good!!  (sorry to be flippant!)
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Booking.com