Author Topic: Sea Breeze!!!!  (Read 20722 times)

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Sea Breeze!!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2008, 04:01:42 PM »
They were supposidly cleaning the place up as we left, how much I dont know. If they get rid or have got rid now of HIM then you have a basic place to put your heads and no major worries. Dont eat or drink there as there is no need, so many other wonderful places to eat and drink. Use the deposit boxes at either the Marina or the Akti, marina is 10 euros a week and is open from about 8am till 11 pm. Jayne the TC rep at the AB is good and lives in the resort.

You will enjoy, despite the AB our first week was still great.

Offline Joanne

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2008, 04:04:27 PM »
It will finish me off if it rains! and ]I wont have any money to buy any food after i have been robbed!

Hopefully he will be gone by the time we get there! 

Offline Quack John

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2008, 04:52:38 PM »
No word yet from the agents, but I haven't given up yet!

Stick with it Joanne, you won't be the only ones in the AB and if there is any trouble then we'll all cause a sitr and demand a move.

I'm not sure whether we'll be there when you're there or not, we're out there from 28th July 2008.

The main thing is that despite these issues everyone raves about Arillas and recommends that you go, and there'll be options out there to put things right if there is any hassle.

So please stop worrying about it and just look forward to a great holiday! That's our plan!!

John

Offline Joanne

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2008, 04:59:43 PM »
Thanks for that

We go Monday!!! so if you dont see us then we have been moved!
I am going down to the agents from work to see if I can find out anything else.  Will keep you posted. 

Arillas is a lovely place we cannot let a couple of people spoil it for us. 

will keep you informed

Joanne

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2008, 05:05:04 PM »
Good words John.

Im about to kick up a stink with TC now and after the reviews Ive left Im sure they will be keeping a close eye on the place. To be honest after all I have written, I was simply informing people of my stay as it was, given the choice of work now in the cold of the UK or back at the AB this minute, Id take the AB every time. Arillas is that good, trust me.

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2008, 12:32:49 AM »
Joanne, do not just take the name of the person you are dealing with as although the calls are recorded they don't bother if the informatiion you are given is incorrect as I have learnt in previous dealings with them (they are a law unto themselves). I think you would be best to e-mail their customer help desk and then you will have proof of your own of their replies. Can you not do a search on the TC website and check what the availability is at other properties so you know for yourself if they are telling you lies. Also maybe the Albanian man in question has finally been given his marching orders . I am sure you will have a good time and if you are not happy just insist that the Rep moves you and don't give them any peace until they do. Hope it all works out well for you.

Offline Joanne

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2008, 10:48:16 AM »
Thanks for that.  I am just going to go and find out for myself.  If there is the slightest hint of bother from him then I will kick off never mind him! I am going to speak to the rep as soon as I get there and find out whats going on.

I love Arillas and I am not going to let him spoil it for me.  It would be in their best interests to move him on as its the start of the peak season.

I will let you all know what happens when I get back.

Offline Quack John

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2008, 02:42:08 PM »
Well I've got nowhere with our agents (yourholidays.com), all self-catering accommodation in Arillas is fully booked and they are not aware of any issues with AB.

Even less interest from TC when I spoke to them, understandable to a point as we hadn't booked directly with them, but again they were totally unaware of any issues with the AB. I told them everything I'd heard and even showed them a print out of the negative reports from this forum. It was a case of 'we haven't been told, so it can't have happened'.

So it would seem that we'll have to see what goes when we get out to the AB and then take things from there.

Not the best way to start a holiday, but there seems little option.

John

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2008, 02:53:31 PM »
i know that aris from the gratsela taverna (next door to sea breeze) has some apartments behind his taverna, you can actually see them from the apt we stayed in in the arillas bay! (we were going to stay in them this year but couldnt get flights) they are really nice and reasonable and he doesnt advertise anywhere, i know its not ideal as you have already paid for the holiday, but if the worst happens, you could always see if they are free, its a block of about 6 if i remember rightly. anyway, good luck
ger x

Offline annemarsh

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2008, 03:13:15 PM »
In my experience, you can always find somewhere to stay.

There is a lot of accomodation not on any of the travel companies' books so don't take any notice when they say that everywhere is full!

See the adverts on this website, or ask at the 'travel' shops in Arillas - Olgas travel, Arillas Travel etc.

Anne

Offline Quack John

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2008, 03:13:47 PM »
Thanks for the info Ger, much appreciated!

We'll see how it goes the first night and take it from there, after all it's down to TC to sort something out if the AB isn't up to scratch for whatever reason. If we're not happy then they can cover the cost of moving us elsewhere.

Will be interested to hear how Joanne gets on next week.

Whatever happens, we're still looking forward to our first holiday in Arillas and meeting other forum members out there. Tuesday night at the Coconut isn't it???

John

Offline annie

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2008, 03:19:34 PM »
Hi John
Glad you are going to go because Arillas is lovely and you will have a great holiday. We go tomorow so might see you the week after.
Annie

Offline Quack John

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2008, 04:02:43 PM »
Hi Annie,

We can't wait to get out there, despite all the AB issues we're looking forward to experiencing Arillas, if it's half as good as everyone says then it'll be fantastic!!

Hopefully we'll bump into you in the bar on the Tuesday evening (29th), I haven't forgotten that I owe you a drink!!!

You'll recognise us, I'll be looking uncomfortable in my sandals (as I normally don't wear them!!) and Claire will just be buzzing as it's her first ever holiday abroad.

John

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2008, 04:19:26 PM »
try to nip into the malibu and use the internet there to get onto the forum, we'll all be wanting to know how you're getting on!
ger x

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2008, 04:27:56 PM »
I think what they mean when they say all the accommodation is full is that all the TC places are booked. You will doubtless find an alternative in Arillas somewhere but I guess you will have to pay for it if it's not TC.....not good when you have already paid for your holiday.
Sandy x

Booking.com