Author Topic: just booked taxi transfer - what do we do when we arrive?  (Read 8606 times)

Offline hazman

just booked taxi transfer - what do we do when we arrive?
« on: July 19, 2008, 04:34:02 PM »
Probably a stupid question!!!  But we have just booked a taxi transfer to the Makris Apartments for the early hours of Tuesday.  We have informed Thomas Cook that we will not be needing their transfer... but when we arrive at Makris, will the owners be expecting us to give us our keys?  When we went to Paleo the rep on our transfer showed us to our apartment.  As we have not booked a taxi transfer before we would appreciate any advice on what to expect when we get there.Many, many thanks

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: just booked taxi transfer - what do we do when we arrive?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 06:42:59 PM »
Hazman

Usually Appt owners leave a key in the door for new guest.

Suggest you check with your Rep, whilst waiting for your cases at Corfu Airport.
They should be able to give you an Appt number and directions.

I would think many Reps, by now, are used to guests making their own way to Arillas.

Cheers
Negg

Offline hazman

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 10:32:32 PM »
Thanks for that Eggy, I do tend to worry about these things!!  My only worry now is getting my luggage down to 15kgs!!

riggers

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 11:41:32 PM »
I was a bit worried about this. I also booked a taxi from the airport in june, forgot to get in touch with Roula at the Kaloudis. No probs though there is always someone looking out for you. Even opened the shop for me to get some essentials :)

Hmmm 15 kg is not much. Thomson is 20 kg.

Have a good holiday. :)

riggers..

Offline hazman

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 11:49:44 PM »
iI've resigned myself to the fact I can only take essentials now, I even ignored the Next sale today!!!  I've just transfered one case into a light holdhall so I'm down a bit, but everythings crammed in - all that ironing!!!!  Oh well, I always take too much so I'll take this as a learning curve for the future.  When to Florida in January and got a whopping... wait for it.....40Kgs each!!!  Took 20Kg's each and came back with 40Kgs each!!!

2 more sleeps and the worry of packing and taxi transfers will be a distant memory as I sip (or gulp) a nice cold one!!

Offline Lindypops

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 12:33:17 AM »
Hi. I`ve resisted all sales for a while,lol. You`ll have a great time, sit back and relax.
Lindypops.

Offline Quack John

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 02:49:16 PM »
Glad you asked this question Hazman, as we're planning on doing the same. I assume the Rep will be at the airport when we land, so I was just going to mention to them that we weren't going on the coach and (hopefully) pick our room key up from reception at AB when we arrive.
I guess we'll be sleeping on the beach for the first night if this doesn't happen!!

Quack John

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 05:06:15 PM »
On our first visit to Arillas we stayed at the Galini, we had heard about the long transfer and wanted to get there asap so we booked a taxi.  We told the rep at the airport without any problems, the driver picked us up, waiting and checking we had all our bags, stowed them away super quick and we were in Arillas in less than an hr.  The other guests turned up 1.5 hrs later and we were all unpacked and relaxing with a cold beer.  The Bardis Sun studios have their own mini bus so that was quick too and this year we are booking a taxi again.  If they have your flight time then they should be ready for your arrival.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline iluvsangeorge

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • About Agios Georgios
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 08:00:23 PM »
I am sure you will do so as you have commented already, but make sure you tell the rep at Corfu airport when you arrive that you won't be going on the bus ...for the sake of the other travellers.
It is awful sitting on a transfer bus waiting for a long time because the rep is missing travellers and don't know where they are !

Dennis

riggers

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 08:06:50 PM »
Yes that happened to us once. Everyone sat on the coach for about 20 minutes after all the others had gone. Then off we went without the missing travellers.

riggers....

Booking.com