Author Topic: New to the boards and Arillas  (Read 2989 times)

Offline andym

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
New to the boards and Arillas
« on: July 21, 2008, 03:16:49 AM »
Hello eveyone

Firstly i have to tell you that i have , up untill now been a very regular visitor to Zante and to be honest there is nothing left for us to see or explore.
A work friend of my wife told us all about Arillas, he has been there loads of times and it sounds so great that we are going to give it a bash next June.

What i would like to know is, although i love small quite resorts, is there a good selection of places to eat and bars. we are not looking for anything to lively, just places that we can have a nice drink after a meal.

The reason i ask is because the friends we are going with are a bit worried it may be a bit to quite. We are hoping to stay at the Horizon hotel.

Look forward to your comments

Andy

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Re: New to the boards and Arillas
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 02:00:30 PM »
Hi Andy welcome onboard!

If you go into the webcam map you can see where the restaurants are situated.  There are plenty to choose from and no doubt you will notch up your own favourites.

There are some we havent tried which we are going to do this year.  The favourites are the Brouklis but you would have to book or get there fairly early.  Kostas is one of our "locals", along with Vavilas fish restaurant, the Captains do a mean full english if you miss it, especially after a long walk and their main courses are a definate bargain meal with a small dessert and drink after.  Gratzella has been highly recommended so thats where we shall be headed.  Also if you do a search for Mon Amour and Night Owl they are just outside Arillas but worth a visit too and you can ring to be picked up.

The snack bar is pretty good too with a decent soft bread kebab (not like the UK).  Also the Horizon do very good food too.

By the time you go you will have read and picked up loads of ideas your head will be "bursting" with info.

All the best!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline andym

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Re: New to the boards and Arillas
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 12:49:20 AM »
Thanks very much, can taste the lovely food already

Booking.com