Author Topic: Manos/Thomas Cook 2009  (Read 23247 times)

Offline M n M

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Manos/Thomas Cook 2009
« on: July 21, 2008, 11:51:42 PM »
Has anyone looked at booking from Manchester to Arillas with Manos/Thomas Cook for 2009?

Firstly the flights that are on offer with the holidays are either on a Monday, depart Manchester at 22.20 and depart Corfu at 04.50. Or on a Friday, depart Manchester at 21.30 and depart Corfu at 03.55.
Our usual flights were depart Man, 08.35, depart Corfu 13.10ish. Except this year a bit earlier so no problems, but these times for 2009 are no good to man or beast only to rip off merchants.

Also the only apartments/hotels on show to book are, Manos - Kokinos and Leonidas, Thomas Cook - Marvel Hotel, Mirage and Christos Apts on Mondays, on Fridays there is no Christos Apts, just the others.

I just hope it's me thats wrong but  if i'm not, what the heck is going to happen to Arillas and the rest of the accommodation owners and other businesses because not everyone will be able to come independant.
I have tried to find my own favourite (Tria Adelphia), not a chance, neither can the local travel agent (Thompsons) they can only find the same as me, so they are waiting for the Manos brochure to come out.
I have checked the flights from most of the airports at home that TC/Manos say they are using and the majority are similar night flights, Newcastle and I think Gatwick have early morning flights.

Can someone confirm whether or not they have found the same or different?
I really want to book for next year but am reluctant to do so and am thinking  of going independant if I can get a decent  daytime flight.

Mick.

riggers

Re: Manos/Thomas Cook 2009
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 12:02:41 AM »
I hope Thomson don't change there times for 2009 from Manchester. I dont exactly know without looking, but i think about 0725 ish depart. This year has been terrible for us, all late arrive to Arillas. Also states changed from Tuesday to Monday from next year. Looking forward to an early kick off for a change. :)

riggers...

Offline bmw1106

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 01:35:23 AM »
Hi Mick i have booked for next sept flying from east mids at 10.30 am then departing at 16.40 arrive back in uk at 17.50. I have got young children and i think these flights are good times. Had to pay for extra luggage though and flight supp is 45 per person. Let me no what you think. JILL

Offline bmw1106

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 01:36:31 AM »
flights are on a monday

Offline sheila

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 01:58:34 PM »
Just tried to book myself for next year staying at Dionysus 11 but no joy on either Manos or Thomas cook.Gutted we are going this Sep there again but dont know what we will do about next year, looks like Arillas is going to be losing out on a lot of regular customers. Even the flights have changed as you said to evening flights instead of the early morning. What can we do?   
SHEILA

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 02:01:47 PM »
I seem to remember someone saying something about this and Dionyssos is now just under one section, not 1 and 2. Whatever, we need to let our individual "hosts" know that they are not in the brochures for next year because I am sure the Rainbow complex intend to be. It would be awful if people booked elsewhere because they thought their favourite accommodation wasn't available next year.
Sandy x

Offline sheila

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 02:10:12 PM »
I agree with you Sandy have double checked all the accomodation on both Manos and Thomas Cook and none of the apartments on the Rainbow complex are listed. I will be talking to Jimmy and Spiros when I go I'm totally gutted as I said before.
SHEILA

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 02:30:54 PM »
Don't worry Sheila....I'm sure those Rainbow boys will be in the brochure. I will pm Eggy and get him to call in on them so they can check things out at their end.
Sandy x

Offline sheila

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 02:38:44 PM »
Thanks for that Sandy, hope it gets sorted soon.
SHEILA

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 03:51:31 PM »
I've just phoned the Rainbow and spoken to Spiros. They WILL be there next year (did we doubt them?) and he is going to look into things at that end with the tour operator. So don't book anywhere else Sheila!
Sandy x

Offline SteveL

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 11:15:57 PM »
It was me who posted about Dionyssos I and II being marketed as one unit for 2009.  We found this out while we were at the Rainbow this June because we pointed out to Jimmy & Spiro that Dionyssos II was coming up as "not available" for 2009. They investigated (as did some other regular guests) and that is what they found out.
I've checked the Manos site since 7 July when we got back and Dionyssos was available for next year.
I've just checked again and you are quite right in that both Thomas Cook and Manos sites show little or no accommodation in Arillas for next year.  A website glitch perhaps?
If it is of any help, both Dionyssos and Nafsika are in Manos first edition 2009 brochure on pages 21 and 22.

Steve

Maggie

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 12:05:12 AM »
Mick, as far as I know, Tria Adelphia should be in the brochure for next year. Philip said that they are giving them some of the new apartments too. (I don't know how many tho.)

Offline sheila

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 12:36:26 PM »
thanks for that everyone, will be able to sleep soundly now knowing nothing has changed and can still get to Arillas next year.
SHEILA

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2008, 05:21:43 PM »
Maggie, I phoned Philip and he said he has signed his contract with Manos for next year but he will be asking why he's not on the internet.
I have emailed Manos and am waiting for a reply, I will let everyone know what they say.
I have found better flights with other companies but will  wait to see what Manos have to offer.
Keep happy, Mick.

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008, 10:07:49 PM »
I have just got a reply from Manos/Thomas Cook to my e-mail.

Subject
2009 holidays

Discussion Thread
 Response (Lou) 28/07/2008 12.23 PM
Dear Sir / Madam

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately I am in the pre travel services department and we are unable to deal with creating bookings but you can contact our reservations team on 0871 664 7658 and they shall assist with creating a new booking for you.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us by phone on 0871 664 7940 - Lines are open Monday to Saturday - 8am to 8pm.

We appreciate your time and shall look forward to speaking to you in the near future.

Kind Regards

Lou

MyTravel E-mail Customer Help Desk
Thomas Cook UK and Ireland
Part of the Thomas Cook Group PLC
 Customer (Michael ********) 22/07/2008 07.56 PM

(My e-mail)

Can someone please let me know how I am able to book my holiday to Corfu staying at the Tria Adelphia in Arillas. We stay there most years with your company but this year I have been unable to find it anywhere on both your internet site and Thomas Cooks, also my local travel agent has not been able to find anything. I can only find 2 places on your site and 3 on Thomas Cooks, but I really want to stop at the Tria Adelphia if possible.
Thanking you in anticipation, Michael ********.

Telephone 01*********.

Auto-response 22/07/2008 07.56 PM
If no links are shown, or none answer your question, then don't worry we will provide a personal response from our Customer Support Centre.

Question Reference No080722-000057
Escalation Level:  Incidents outsides of SLA #1
Product Level 1:  Manos
Category Level 1:  Holidays
Date Created:  22/07/2008 07.56 PM
Last Updated:  28/07/2008 12.23 PM
Booking reference:   
Flight Date:   
Title:   
House Number / Name:   
Postal Code: 

Lou says she is in the "pre travel services", I thought that would mean she sorted out the holidays before they went on sale, silly me.

They say it's solved, like ek it is. All she has done is give me a telephone number to call that  will further enhance their profits at my expence.

I will try another e-mail. Mick.

Booking.com