Author Topic: Taxi transfer  (Read 26023 times)

Offline tracey&peter

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Taxi transfer
« on: January 06, 2005, 12:12:19 AM »
Does anyone know the cost of a taxi transfer from Corfu Airport to Arillas only we really dont fancy the transfer by coach via everywhere on the way.  Would be grateful of any rough cost ideas.

Tracey

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
Taxi transfer
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 12:18:25 AM »
8) From memory about 35 euro, I think. If you go to Arillas.com and look under Local accomadation I think you will find it mentioned
                                         Hope this helps,
                                                              Ivan
    BTW our transfer last year (Thompson) was straight there and back!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Taxi Transfer
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 12:43:21 AM »
I think Ivan is quite right on the cost of 35 euros. - but if you are taking an "Airport Taxi" get them to confirm the price before you agree. They tried to overcharge us one year! (and we were sharing with someone he was dropping off on the way) Failing that contact Arillas Travel or maybe Dimitris at the Brouklis. They may be able to arrange you a local taxi.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Taxi transfer
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 10:48:45 AM »
Hello Tracey,

Between my daughter, niece and myself we done quite a few taxi transfers last year.  The cheapest was 35euros, but the most expensive was 50euros when unfortunately the girls did not confirm the fare before getting into the taxi. :( A few of the fares were around the 40 euro region, but we think it  is well worth it rather than taking the gamble on how quick your coach transfer is going to be.  A quick transfer one trip unfortunately does not guarantee another. :roll:

Eileen x.

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Taxi transfer
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2005, 12:27:10 PM »
Transfer times are usually around the one and a half hour mark.I dont like them at all now (must be getting old)but as we have paid for them in the cost of the holiday we put up with it
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Marie

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Taxi transfer
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2005, 01:24:13 PM »
i like the coach transfers! i think they are great it makes it all that little more exciting. plus u get to see what other parts of the island are like. and like harold said you have already paid for it. but i can also see why u prefer taxi transfers especially if its a really hot day!!!  :D
marie xxx

Offline tracey&peter

• Arillas Addict
Taxi transfer
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2005, 04:22:00 PM »
Thanks everyone for all the taxi advice - I must admit the last time we went over with Thomson I remember there being a straight transfer and not via Roda, Sidari etc - I think it is Manos who goes around the reakin.If we book for Thomson to arrange a taxi and not the coach they want to charge us £90.00!!!  I think they are taking the mickey!  I will ponder on what to do.

Thanks again everyone

Tracey x

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Taxi Transfer
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2005, 07:36:51 PM »
Tracey & Peter
Just to add further to your dilemma. If you are considering hiring a car during your stay you could always get a price from one of the various car hire firms in Arillas. Find a price which includes having the car to meet you at the Airport. Then drive there yourself. Of course, if it's a night flight, you may not want to get involved in this. I did an early morning "night drive" once, took a wrong turn and ended up at the harbour, but luckily not in the harbour!
Neggy

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
Taxi transfer
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2005, 09:43:21 PM »
Hello Tracey and Peter,

I've got to agree with Neggy (I liked that Eggy, was it deliberate or just too much wine with your dinner :roll: ).

I only do the taxi transfer if Keith is not travelling with us,  as I have yet to take up the challenge of driving in Corfu.  We usually arrange a hire car  for collection and drop of at the airport, the price is very reasonable, especially if you take into consideration the return taxi fares.(that is unless you go for a flash car :wink:)

As Eggy says you have to shop around for the best price, but it is worth it if you like to get out and about and have the freedom to see more of Corfu at your own leisure.  Ha, ha, easy said for me who does not do the driving, but I think that is all going to change this year...so look out anyone arriving after the 24th June  :oops:

Eileenx

Offline tracey&peter

• Arillas Addict
Taxi transfer
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2005, 10:46:45 PM »
Hi Eileen

I'm like you driving in Corfu or anywhere abroad come to that is a big no no for me, I leave all that to Peter, in saying that we have had a car several times whilst over in Arillas and I think we've done all the driving we need.  Anyway what is going to change after June?  I'm intrigued!!

Tracey x

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
Taxi transfer
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2005, 12:31:19 AM »
Hi' Tracey,

I wish it was interesting to have intrigued you, but alas I am sorry it is not.

Depending on who we hire our car from we sometimes have to pay extra to have my name put on the insurance, as I always have great intentions of giving it a go  :roll: Then the minute I step of the plane I go into relaxed mode immediately (you must know the feeling?!)and then I cannot be bothered with the hassle...and besides I would not be able to drink my lunchtime Retsina if I had to drive. :(
As we are going for a little longer this year (3 weeks) I have really, really promised to take my turn driving...but methinks we will not be able to afford to hire a car for that length of time :wink: Oh, Oh.. maybe I will get off with it again  :lol:

Eileenx

Offline tracey&peter

• Arillas Addict
Taxi transfer
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2005, 05:20:55 PM »
When are you having your wonderful long stay in Arillas (3 weeks)? presumably this is all in one go and not two or three seperate holidays!!

Tracey x

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

Offline tracey&peter

• Arillas Addict
Taxi transfer
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2005, 05:21:40 PM »
oops, forgot to say who message is for - the above message is for Eileen

Tracey x

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
Taxi transfer
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2005, 09:42:30 PM »
Hi Tracy & Peter
Just confirming the above, Taxis are usually between 40 &50 euros,or we hire a car we always get ours from Anna & Kostas who run Arillas car hire as well as Anna's studios, Kostas always meets us at the airport and we drop it back at the airport, you can get many cars at slightly less money ,but we have never  had any hiccups like some we have heard about. speak soon.

Paul/Deb5

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
Taxi transfer
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2005, 09:50:00 PM »
Hi Eileen
Yes when are you going ? as we will be going for longer this year as our daughter has got exams and can't go until end of june so if you have contacts for longer stints than 2 weeks, let us know .

anyway I will give you a call on the land line,keep you up with the news
on the land etc.

Paul/Deb5

Booking.com