Author Topic: Taxi transfer  (Read 26021 times)

Offline harold

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Taxi transfer
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2005, 08:16:08 PM »
Guess what we are going to do this year,.....................................TAXI from the airport
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
Taxi transfer
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2005, 11:15:16 PM »
Hi Harold
Your line of dots has just come through as a very wide page and I've only just seen what was written, if we don't get a car we will also be getting a taxi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Yvonne, when we get a taxi I tell the driver that I'm an English Taxi driver, sometimes that does the trick, we have never had a problem, yet.

Paul/Deb5

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Taxi transfer
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2005, 05:39:54 PM »
Hello Paul/Deb5,
We will be getting a car.I did think about getting one from Anna and picking it up at the airport,but we thought we would leave it for a few days,just so we can relax and recover from the journey.I will get the car mid week and toddle off to town,and use the hole in the wall,plus visit some friends.
Harold,

Offline Pete E

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Taxi transfer
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2005, 11:46:18 AM »
Hi both

I am going to Arillas in August and want to get a car for the fortnight we are there. I will probably arrange to pick one up from the airport. You obviously have hired cars before in Corfu - is there anyone you would recomment. Harold, you mention someone called Anna?

PS - There is something very wrong with the formatting in this thread!

Cheers

Pete

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Car Hire
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2005, 03:38:08 PM »
Pete
I understand that Anna's car hire is very good but we always hire through Arillas Travel. As we now stay at their apartments it makes sense for us to get from them. We have just hired one of their small cars for 2 weeks in June. Pick up to & from the Airport. 14 days. I think the price was e440. Not bad considering a taxi is about e45 each way. What I especially like about it is we get a driver to & from the Airport as well, so I can unwind.  I would think that Annas Car hire does the same. I would be interested in what prices you get.
Negg

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Taxi transfer
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2005, 06:58:01 PM »
Pete,
we always use Arillas car hire,and we usually get a fiat punto,all the cars are in very good condition.I think they will deliver to the airport,best to contact them direct,there maybe a link here if not then Dimitris wil help
Harold,

Offline Pete E

Taxi transfer
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2005, 07:06:15 PM »
Thanks Eggy/Harold

I'll have a look for Arillas Car hire's details and give them a shout.

Pete

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Car Hire
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2005, 08:49:06 PM »
Pete
If it's any further help Arillas Travel have a site/E-mail. You could try www.arillas-travel.com. Olga speaks & writes good english.
Negg

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Taxi transfer
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2005, 03:38:26 PM »
Pete,
i have had a look around and there is a hire car site under travel info on the left hand site of this site.
Harold,

Offline Pete E

Taxi transfer
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2005, 04:14:19 PM »
Thanks Harold and Eggy

I can see this will be my weekend task - along with booking airport parking at this end - always a joy! The last couple of times we have gone to one of these off-airport parks with the minibus transfer (Birmingham)but last time was a nightmare. Traffic jams, having to wait around in the freezing cold on the way there and back (it was in Feb - skiing hol). We have decided this time that it is worth being ripped off to actually park on the airport itself!

Pete

Offline Pete E

Taxi transfer
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2005, 11:19:34 AM »
Car all booked - I went with Anna at Arillas Rentals in the end. She gave me what I think is a good price - 448 Euros for the 2 weeks pick up and drop off at the airport for a Hyundai Accent or equivalent in August.

The airport parking was cheaper than I was expecting as well - it only cost me around £10 more than the next cheapest off airport parking to park at the NCP car park a 5 minute walk from the terminal at BHX - £75 for the fortnight.

I do like getting a bargain!

As you can see - I do like to get my holiday booked and sorted way in advance. Now all I have to do is wait - 96 days!!

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Taxi transfer
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2005, 01:16:00 PM »
Hello Pete,
glad you have got fixed up.Anna and her family are loverly people and we have always found them very helpful.
Harold,

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
Taxi transfer
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2005, 11:00:49 PM »
Hi Pete
Yes, we have always used Anna's cars and touch wood never had a problem, exactly as you say they are very helpful, and we had the Hyundai ourselves.
You must go and have a drink with them @ Annas studios and have a look, they are  new & nice,if you haven't been before.

Paul/Deb5

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Taxi transfer
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2005, 09:01:22 AM »
Latested on Taxi's from the Airport,we were charged 45 euros this after beating him down from 50 so do haggle first.
Harold,

Offline tracey&peter

• Arillas Addict
Taxi transfer
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2005, 12:15:00 PM »
Harold,  do you still think it is worth doing the tax transfer rather than the coach - did you use it both ways?  What was the time taken in the taxi?

Tracey x

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

Booking.com