Author Topic: Taxi transfer  (Read 25986 times)

Offline harold

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Taxi transfer
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2005, 01:20:19 PM »
We only usd it going to Arillas,we decided that it was worth it otherwise we would not have arrived in restort untill about 2100hr then to unpack and get something to eat it would have been to late
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Janina C

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Taxis
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2005, 02:45:19 PM »
I have been going to Corfu for 18 years and after the first few times of losing several hours of my holiday on transfers (sometimes up 4 hours each way), I always prefer to take a taxi both ways. 1 Hour approx to Arillas.

I can't believe that the taxi fare of 50 euros. that is an increase of 25% on last September. I thought the local government regulated the fares. I don't mind spending my hard earned cash in Corfu but I won't be ripped off. I'd rather hire a car from Anna to be picked up at the airport. At least I know she's fair.

:twisted:
Janina

Offline ANN

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Taxi transfer
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2005, 06:07:17 PM »
We are travelling with Manos for the first time. Our transfer with Thomsons has always been direct from airport to Arilas.
Should we expect a long transfer with Manos and what route does it usually take?  Should I organise a taxi??

Offline Burt2000

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Taxi transfer
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2005, 07:27:33 PM »
we are travelling with Thompson and were thinking of getting a taxi, but if they go direct from the airport to arillas then we wont bother, i just hope it doesnt take that long if its a direct transfer.........any advice would be great

Cheers

Barry :D

Offline Samantha

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Taxi transfer
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2005, 07:41:45 PM »
Hi peeps.for those that don't know but it's wiser to get your hotel or appartment to bbok you a taxias they are  much cheaper.With most things if you are a tourist you are charged more.The average price is 30 E to Arillas.

Hope this helps
Samantha McCoo  :-)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Taxi Transfer
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2005, 07:43:11 PM »
The last time we went with Manos, probably about 5/6 years ago we did the  "rounds" with Roda/Acharavi and Sidari first. Probably took, I think. about 1 and 3/4 hours. Going home they did the reverse, with us collected first. I imagine it depends on who is booked in where. This year we have been quoted a one way Taxi price of e45 from Arillas Travel, which I believe is still cheaper than the Airport Taxis. So we have opted for a small hire car to meet us at the Airport and which we can leave at the Airport at the end of the holiday. So Janina & Paul, you're right. Take e90 off a small hire car price of about e245 (14 days)and you have a bargain.
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Taxi Transfer
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2005, 08:51:36 PM »
Forgive the mis-type on the previous response. It should read e425 for 2 weeks hire car not "e245" - Sorry if you read it and got excited. Maybe it's not so much of a bargain now!
Samantha - Please excuse me being skeptical but where can you get a Taxi from the Airport for about e30? - Who do you know?
Negg

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Taxi transfer
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2005, 11:15:59 PM »
Hey Negg,

And here was me thinking that must be one helluva small car at €245 per fortnight.!!!!   :lol:

I was really surprised to pay only €35 last July for a taxi back to the airport, but €30 is a steal!

Eileenx

Offline Samantha

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Taxi Transfer
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2005, 03:33:53 AM »
Quote from: Eggy
Forgive the mis-type on the previous response. It should read e425 for 2 weeks hire car not "e245" - Sorry if you read it and got excited. Maybe it's not so much of a bargain now!
Samantha - Please excuse me being skeptical but where can you get a Taxi from the Airport for about e30? - Who do you know?
Negg

Hi Negg,

I have asked where i have stayed before to book me a taxi and a family friend who lives out there has called before to book one for me. I don't know who the firm is(if thats the right word)  :wink:  but I never paid 45 euros before.
Samantha McCoo  :-)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Taxis
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2005, 04:06:29 PM »
Samantha
I will be interested if you get any more feed back on this one. A very long time ago we were charged 5500 drachmas by someone we knew who was not really a registered Taxi. A bit "cloak & dagger" though as I got the feeling that if money was seen changing hands at the Airport we would all be left hanging from a tree.
Negg

Booking.com