Author Topic: Weather forecast  (Read 20789 times)

Offline mcdebs

Re: Weather forecast
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2008, 10:11:49 PM »
We are in Arillas now and everyone is walking round wearing hoodies and cardigans!  I am sure it must be warmer back in the UK.  I think the rain just followed us here and more to come at the weekend with night time temperatures dropping to hot water bottle levels. 

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2008, 10:35:53 PM »

Hang in there girl - it's got to pick up soon...
Bet you'd still rather be there than here :-)
Hope you have a cracking time.

Offline georgia

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2008, 12:44:11 AM »
Hello all,
Having just viewed forecast for next week [flying out Friday] I am going to repack my case tomorrow...and pack 'May in Cornwall' clothes and downgrade to just one bikini on the offchance that the rain stops long enough to wear it!! Ho hum...just have my  own set of clouds that follow me around. This will be 4th visit and we have rain everytime, remember one visit when bridge outside Inas was washed away [as I believe it is now] when we came across 2 elderly ladies in sandals looking at water over road in dismay. My husband did the honourable thing and carried them across with trousers rolled up...and they were both big girls, his back suffered for rest of holiday.
Less than ideal weather aside, so looking forward to it, will do lots of reading, lots of eating of superb food....and will be away from that madhouse that constitutes work!!
Thanks for your message Lindypops if you read this. Hope you have a great holiday, gather we are going the same sort of time. If you see a small middleaged 'bobbed blonde' with a hubby who looks like Phil Collins...[well has a receeding hairline like him...but not the money!!] say hello!! xx   

Offline Deb

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2008, 12:05:43 PM »
Just been checking the weather and well, feel like I am going to cancel.  We're going to have dry sunny weather here.  Might as well save my money and stay here.  Not my idea of fun sitting in a bar all day.

Bah humbug

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2008, 12:50:52 PM »

Hi Deb,

We're heading out next Saturday - 27th for 10 days

I've had a quick look at the forecasts & while it looks a little up & down in parts, I try not to take it too seriously & will take what I find when we're out there :-)

You know yourself what the forecasts are like in the UK - they rarely get it spot on & I'm sure they'll be some great weather waiting for us in Corfu.
The good thing is, that even if we get some rain or thunder storm, it passes relatively quickly & at least it won't be cold & the sun will put in an appearance again :-)

Hope you have a really cracking time. When are you heading out?

BeckyB

Offline blindpete

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2008, 01:22:18 PM »
We head out on Tuesday and if the weather is brilliant who cares, we are still on holiday and the Bar will be open!

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2008, 01:31:34 PM »
It certainly seems that the weather has turned autumnal now , and having been in Arillas at this time of year in the past, I would take some warm clothes ,as the evenings in particular can be a bit chilly, and something waterproof (umbrella/cagoule etc). However, don't take the forecasts too seriously. We have found that on countless occasions, the north and/or east of Corfu has been wet, but Arillas has stayed dry!
Take the opportunity to do those walks, that it's too hot to do in the summer and discover new tavernas and restaurants.
You'll still have a great time!

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2008, 01:33:24 PM »
(Sorry , I didn't mean to do all of that underlining)

Offline mcdebs

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2008, 03:54:28 PM »
Back to hot today - lovely.  Had the best greek salad so far, on the beach front at Marina's.  Now enjoying my 4th mythos today - and yes I know what time it is!!

Don't be put off by the weather forecasts - even on a cloudy day this is a lovely friendly place to be.

yammas!

Deb and Ian

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2008, 05:20:24 PM »

Sounds like you're having a grand old time Deb & I'm certainly not going to let the weather reports put me off.
We'll come with open minds knowing we're going to be in one of the greatest places on earth & just go with the flow....
Look forward to hearing about what else you get up to :-)

BeckyB

Offline Mick and Jill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2008, 11:28:01 PM »
We arrive Monday lunch time.  When ever we go to Arillas we always have 1 day of rain and looking at the forcast that could be Tuesday.

To tell the truth dont care looking forward to this holiday to much to let a little rain spoil it.  Hope to see some of you there.

Jill

ps packed 2 brollies just incase :0)
Jill XXX

Offline sarah101

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2008, 12:39:59 AM »
Hi does anyone how i can send pictures and thank you card to bar and places i ate in arillas?

Offline Paul & Denise

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2008, 12:55:01 AM »
just weighed our cases (fly out on 29th) and have 4 kgs allowance left. LOOKS LIKE WE MIGHT ADD A COUPLE OF WARM TOPS!! Never booked expecting brill weather, if thats what we wanted would book for Tenerife of similar. Our yearly fix of Arillas is about so much more than the weather. Getting excited now, just a small matter of flitting on Thursday to face first- sick of filling boxes and am sure that we will need to have a car booty or something when we come back from holiday.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2008, 10:56:13 AM »
Hi does anyone how i can send pictures and thank you card to bar and places i ate in arillas?

Sarah

Some places have "mail boxes" but others collect mail from a local central point, like a supermarket/kafenio etc.
Each area, Kavvadades, Arillas etc have a "TK" reference , something like an area post code.

I'll find out the TK reference for Arillas and let you know.

Negg

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2008, 12:42:43 PM »
I have sent things in the post and just put:

Philip
Tria Adelphia Appartments
Arillas
Corfu
Greece

- they got there no problem!