Author Topic: How far does money go this year?  (Read 6545 times)

Offline MicK-G

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
How far does money go this year?
« on: July 23, 2008, 11:17:08 AM »
I was just wondering how far the pound is going this year. The exchanges rates at home are pitifull and everything at home seems to cost a lot more than it did a couple of months ago. How have people found it this year in Corfu? I have planned to bring more spending money and wanted to know if it is much more expensive this year?

Offline markanddee

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • thats us !!
Re: How far does money go this year?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 11:23:27 AM »
As everywhere money is not going as far, many of the shop and taverna owners have noticed a big drop in sales this year, Arillas has been very quiet until a couple of weeks ago, some owners have experienced a 50% drop in sales, really bad for them, the pound is not good at the moment.
I'm sure that you will have a great time anyway, who needs money when you have so much beauty around you !!!!!!
M+D

Offline MicK-G

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: How far does money go this year?
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 03:39:12 PM »
I must admit we usually come home with some spending money as Arillas is really reasonable. Hopefully we can use it as an excuse to not take the kids to the water park as I'd rather be in Arillas. Or is that cruel? What's the exchange rate in arrillas at the moment? Does anyone know?

Booking.com